Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Let me try this again. I paid $24,694. with a list of $29,964. This includes rebates and freight plus I got the zero loan. The deal is good not great. It doesn't match some of the other deals on this board.964
  • Folks,

I bought a new 2011 Camry LE with leather seat for 21500 (OTD). Is it a fair price ?

Please comment.

Cheers,
  • That sounds like a good price... what other features and what was the MSRP/invoice?
  • Can anyone tell me if its a good price for camry?

Camry SE -2011
    Camry extra value package --moonroof/sun , spoiler, paint protection blah blah blah...
    Leather seats..
    0% apr for 60

fo 23.5 k (excluding TTL)??

Camry SE -2011
    Camry extra value package --moonroof/sun , spoiler, paint protection blah blah blah...
    Leather seats..
    0% apr for 60

Camry SE -2011
    Leather seats..
    0% apr for 60

• It is a base camry 2011 LE (MSRP - $23,195) + leather and mats. Still $21.5K a good price for this ?
  • Is Toyota still offering the $1000 college grad credit? If not anyone knows whether they will have it again?
  • ziyuluziyulu Posts: 47
    edited January 2011
    I live in Oklahoma City and I want to purchase a Toyota Camry LE automatic with alloy wheels. The best quote I've gotten is $19,199. But I'm trying to get to $18,000. Do I have any luck?
  • Well Ziyulu - I live in Amarillo and paid 20825 OTD (I wrote the check for this amount and got the car) for a 2011 Toyota Camry LE (auto, 4cyl, floormats, tint)

But the best price I got was 20,285 from Bryan, Texas.

That's after the 2000 rebate, taxes, title, etc. The MSRP on it was 23,500 or so.

You can probably get the most competitive bids in the Houston area. Just remember to call the fleet manager/internet manager - tell them exactly what you're looking for, don't say the price, ask them to bid a price - tell them you'll compare it.
    I was responding to an ad for $17,900 at a Dallas dealer and this is his reply:

Yes we do--that is $17,900 + transportation fee + options and must add back in the $2000 rebate. We did this adventisement starting from cost up instead of working from MSRP down. If you are wanting to buy a new Camry for $17,900 I would recommend our 2010 certified Camry for $16,900.

Let me know if you are still interested.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,492
    I have to say... They were amazingly forthcoming, once you contacted them..

Typical of car ads, with unrealistic prices...

It's lucky you didn't spend a couple of hours at the dealership finding out it was a sham..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• byronnbyronn Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    I'm trying to buy a LE v6 msrp $25,910 in Los Angeles county, was offered by the dealer for 24,109 otd.

is this a good deal? should i pull the trigger?

thanks,
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 791
    2011 Toyota Camry LE V6
    Zip Code- 91364 (Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, CA)
    Base Sticker- $25,955
    TrueCar.com Best Price - $21,912* and **
    *$1000 Customer Cash Incentive included

**0% APR financing for up to 60 months for 'well-qualified buyers'. Can't be used in conjunction with $1000 Customer Cash...if you have the choice between the Rebate or this 0% APR offer, this is definitely the way to go!

$21,912
    + 2,234 (est. sales tax based on tax rate of 9.75%)***
    $24,146 plus TAG and TITLE fees

***Sales tax calculated at 9.75% which is the correct rate for most, but not all, of LA County. Taxable base would be $21,912 + $1,000 rebate, which is $22,912. $22,912 x 9.75% = $2,233.92

Based on this information, the offer of $24,109 OTD appears to be a good deal. The price you're being quoted (before tax) is lower than my number because your OTD price is $137 less than my calculation. My figure also hasn't factored in tag/reg/title fees either, so that makes your deal look even better!
  • byronnbyronn Posts: 2
    thank you igozoomzoom, I just hope the dealer will honor this price when i go in.
  • kajivkajiv Posts: 8
    In MA I found two dealers offering Camry LE - Automatic - 4 Cyl. Basic for 17,900..Title, Reg, taxes and Doc. Fee (200-300) extra. Total around 19.6K OTD.
  • In Florida i almost got the camry le white color for 17.5k OTD from internet sales manager.

Wonder why was so cheap compared to your posts? I didnt buy it as it was the only car they had at that price in a "special stock" which was white. If i wanted another color i had to pay regular what a bummer i should have gone with white after reading these prices i really dont want to pay 20k otd for a le seems like a rip off considering pre owned are 3k cheaper.
  • I am looking for a new camry, 2010 or 2011 model. Would you tell me the dealer's name and contact information? Thanks.
    Pat Lobb Toyota in McKinney, TX.
  • what is the name of the dealer? Is this price includes carpeting and transportation?
  • I'm getting quote for LE with options
    EX
    QA
    L3
    P2
    Drive out price of around 22700

Let me know if this is a good deal

if i can get it for a lower price, where i can get it in my location please help me

Thanks
  • kajivkajiv Posts: 8
    Hi cancun1,

In MA - The two dealers I am referring to are

1) IRA Toyota of Tewksbury
    2) Boch Toyota - Route 1

final price 17.9K + Tax + Title+ Reg + Doc. fees. = ~19.5k

Good Luck.
  • Hi,

That sounds like a good deal. What was your price before TTL (but including destination)? Thanks.
  • Gulfport, MS (zip 39560)
    +Sticker Price $21,974
    +Fees $320
    +5% tax rate

-$2000 rebate

OTD price being offered $20,876.65

I did the math and looked at past posts, looks like it is Above Market Price

p.s. this is not an LE, but does have $399 worth of options
  • do we need to pay TMF and TAF while buying any camry LE.. what else we need to pay apart from the Invoice, TTL ?

Thanks in advance
  • kbetts1kbetts1 Posts: 36
    edited February 2011
    This was our third Camry and we also have an '08 Avalon. We were looking for a small grocery getter to replace our '03 Camry with 168k on it. I drove/sat in/ priced pretty much the whole market of small cars. We went to the Toyota dealer to look at an advertised leftover 2010 Corolla LE. Drove it and weren't too impressed. Drove the Scion Xd and it was better. Drove the Matrix and it was ok. The salesperson said they had the '11 Camry for $15,900 so we drove one and loved it. It was within 5mpg of all the rest.

So, about the buying experience. Rick Hendrick Toyota advertised a "2011 Camry for $15,900 , no gimmicks". First thing out of the mouth of the salesperson is "That's with an active duty military discount.... the price is $16,400." So they bring a buyer agreement with a price of $17,500. I point it out and they say.... "oh, that's because you don't have a recent college grad discount." I say "that's not what you said" pointing to the pad of paper I had sitting beside me to write such things down. Any time they said something, I wrote it down. Along with the added price were $499 Dealer Admin cost, $299 floor mats, $399 window tint, and a $985 "Hendrick Package" consisting of keyless entry, mud flaps, body side molding and maybe a couple of other things.

So I sent the agreement back to have the price "fixed". When it came back I said I didn't want floor mats, window tint, or the Hendrick Package. That was met with cries of disbelief... "What do you mean you don't want them? Everybody wants them!!" COMPLETE BS. OEM Floor mats are under a $100, the Camry comes stock with UV blocking glass, the rest is worth a couple of hundred.... NOT $1700. I told them where I could get an LE for very close to that total price (Autotrader.com and Cars.com) and it I was prepared to walk.

After about 10 minutes of us both repeating the same thing over and over a third level salesperson came in and said "If I could get one without that, would you buy it?" I said "sure" So they "found" one in the color of Sandy Beach after about 15 minutes. Turns out that it just so happened to be getting the "standard" window tint so they couldn't take that off, could they? Complete BS again. Just a final attempt to bump the price $400. This was well into our fifth hour at the dealer and my wife was hungry (she's mild hypoglycemia) and I was getting bored and starting to loose my sense of humor. So, I didn't call them liars and just said, "OK." We did add on the $299 keyless entry (worth about $180).

What followed was a two people who tried to sell me accessories (paint and interior stain protection, Navigation, trims..yada,yada,yada) and insurance (warranty programs, maintenance programs, debt life insurance, yada, yada, yada) all of which I turned down. OTD price was $17450 ($18,159 tax/title/tag.) We got $3000 for our old Camry (needed $1500 of tires/body work/mech work)

Over all I left at least $400 sitting on the table un-negotiated. Who knows what another hour of BS would have netted if anything. The color is a little strange (off-putting) at first but the warm buttery gold color is unique enough to keep from being unattractive. The window tint on the Sandy Beach looks somewhat getto for my taste so I regret not making them take it off.

Final answer, we love the '11 Camry base and feel we got a good deal. We plan on keeping it for 10 years / 160,000 just like our last one. We do hear the clunking of the tranny sometimes not locking up right away. The 2.5l engine and the 6spd tranny are oddly trying to keep the motor under 2000rpm ALL the time. Maybe after break in the motor/tranny package will be as excellent as our well loved 2.4 that regularly returned 35mpg on trips.

Ciao'

Keith
  • I got a new 2011 Camry LE with Options (Blue tooth, Alloy wheel, Leather Sears, Vehicle protection) as drive out for 21800
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    edited February 2011
    To make a price comparison useful, you need to post the MSRP of the vehicle (so it can be an apples to apples vehicle comparison), and the negotiated price BEFORE tax/tag/license fees (but including all dealership admin fees, etc). While an OTD figure is the best figure for a singular consumer to compare his/her prices, because states and cities have varying tax rates it's pretty much a useless number when trying to compare national deals. You can find sales tax rates varying 7+%.
  • It got a MSRP of 25643 with Options (EX, QA, L3, P2) in the State of Texas
  • kbetts1kbetts1 Posts: 36
    edited February 2011
    Ammendment to message #8539 to reflect MSRP....

The MSRP for the Camry Base we bought in North Carolina is $21,655 plus the window tint (MSRP $399) and adding the Keyless Entry (MSRP $299) for a total of $22,353. Out the door price including tax, title, tag fee for us on Jan 31 was $18,159.

I bought Husky all weather heavy duty floor liners, paint protection, OEM fog lights, OEM mud flaps off of Ebay all for just over $200.