Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wvenwven Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am trying to get my first lease, saw the gulfstates.buyatoyota.com lease offer for Camry LE.

"Lease a 2012 Camry for $219 a month with $1969 due at signing
    Lease a New 2012 Camry LE 4 Door Sedan for just $219 a month for 36 months
    $1,969 due at signing
    Find out about Toyota Care

Offer Ends 3/5/2012
    Lease a new 2012 Camry LE 4 Door Sedan: $219 a month / for 36 months / with $1969 DUE AT SIGNING. Amount due at signing includes DOWN PAYMENT of $1750, FIRST MONTHLY PAYMENT of $219 (with GST lease cash applied) and no security deposit. Tax, title and license are extra. Based on MODEL 2532, TOTAL MSRP $24010, & NET CAPITALIZED COST of $21228. LEASE END PURCHASE OPTION is $14050 plus tax, title and license. Customer is responsible for disposition fee of $350 (or less if required by state law), and excess wear & tear and 15 cents per mile over 36,000 miles. Dealer participation may affect final negotiated price and applicable taxes. NOT ALL CUSTOMERS WILL QUALIFY. Payments are calculated using TFS tier 1+ rate. Other tier credit payments are higher. Special financing available for a limited time to qualified buyers through Toyota Financial Services and participating Toyota dealers. Toyota Financial Services is a service mark of Toyota Motor Credit Corporation. Special Lease offer requires application of $500 TFS Camry lease cash. Offer valid February 1, 2012 through March 5, 2012. Offers valid in TX, OK, LA, MS, AR."

Found a dealer that had the color, but had some appearance package of 895.00 and other options (power driver seat, floor mats, and fog lights).

The dealer in Round Rock, first walked by and quoted 1969 Down and 567/pm, after pointing out this offer, and a few trips of going back and forth, came back stating that the taxes at 6.25% on the MSRP and TAX on the monthly payment.

Roughly 3500.00 and 267.00 / PM. Why am I being taken for a ride, hate car sales folks. Please let me know what is the best deal I can get in Texas.

Thanks

a frustrated car buyer.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,914
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who bought a new Honda or Toyota within the last two months. Specifically, he’s most interested in speaking with someone who intentionally held off on buying one of these vehicles last year because the dealer did not have it in stock. If you meet this criteria, please send a brief description of your experience and your contact info to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Wednesday, February 29, 2012.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• sdmiggssdmiggs Posts: 8
    edited February 2012
    I'm in the San Diego area and I am going to "pull the trigger" in a couple of weeks. I am wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on buying in the San Diego area. Research shows the price should be around 22,200 plus tax and lic. Takes the out the door price to 24k. Can I do better than this? I am hoping for a price of 22k, plus tax/lic. otd is about 23,800.

I am planning on negotiating over the internet and I'm going to see if the Costco price is better than what I'll be given.

Also, I just received my $500 rebate from Edmunds. I am stoked about that...

Any help is greatly appreciated whether your in San Diego or not.
  • dbabladbabla Posts: 10
    We are also in the San Diego area and found out that other dealers were quoting us same as Costco pricing. We went to Mossy Toyota as it was recommended by Costco. Costco pricing is not impressive. It was $400 below invoice. I would start my negotiations around $1500 below invoice plus tax and lic. You should calculate your OTD price using the edmunds calculator and then start OTD price negotiation. Mossy Toyota is willing to take our offer and go from there. Whenever you are ready to buy, just work with 1 dealer and offer them a price and work your way from there. Otherwise, Poway Toyota was cheaper than Costco pricing.
  • Thanks for responding. I have a few questions if I may. You said 1500 below invoice. Did you mean MSRP? I have never heard of anyone getting a vehicle that cheap. 1500 beloew invoice for a SE would be 20,190. That is an insane price. Edmunds states a good price for the SE is about 22,260. Others like true car and KBB have around the same 22,200 or so.

Sounds like Mossy Toyota or Poway Toyota has the best pricing.

If you can think of anymore info I would appreciate it.
  • j06j06 Posts: 90
    MSRP FOR 2012 SE WITH POWER SEAT & MOONROOF $25,115 (inclu. Destination Charge).

If you get this OTD for 24K.. then you did good ...
    I mean $1500 below the invoice price. Ask the dealer to show you or email you the invoice on the car. Most dealers don't mind. Start your negotiations $1500 below invoice and you might end up buying the car $1000 below invoice. No kidding. They get lots of incentives to sell cars. Try to buy end of the month or end or quarter to get better price as the dealers have to meet their targets. Just do all the calculations yourself and offer them OTD price. Costco pricing is around $400 below invoice. For Camry 4Cyl SE, when you price the car with your desired options on edmunds, they will calculate MSRP and Invoice price too. I would say going $1000 below invoice is possible if you have time and energy to negotiate with them. Good luck!
    Invoice on Camry SE 4cyl with power seats and moonroof is $22,896. you can aim at paying $23K OTD.
  • ahuahu Posts: 13
    I refered my brother in law to the same dealer and he got the same price for the same vechicle which is 2012 Camry SE with power seat and mats for $21360 + tax and title. OTD $23000. (discount or incentives = $500 owner loyality and $500 for financing with toyota at 2.9%)
    If anybody interested in this kind of deal let me know. The sales person told me that he will able to do this kind of deal with the available incentives till 03/05/2012. You can contact me at ahtexas07 at gmail. :)
  • Hi Vanvenum. Is this the dealer?
    Toyota Lawrence
    2871 US-1Lawrenceville, NJ 08648-2418

And does your price include the rebate?
    "With TTL On the road : 22203"

Thanks
  • Hi Mattynj.
    Can you email me the dealership?
    sifangyou@gmail.com
    Is your price OTD? And does that include any rebates yet?
  • I got a otd price of 22,690 for 2012 camry LE and I'm in Maryland. Is that a good price?
    Thanks,
  • auttautt Posts: 20
    The factory incentives for Camry right now are very low. So most of your price reduction is going to come from dealer negotiations alone. I bought a new Camry 2012 SE i4 in Central Ohio recently and I would have to say that you should start negotiation $2500 - $3000 below the total price on the sticker on the car aka sticker price. A good price would therefore be at least $2250 below sticker price. I was able to personally get $2215 knocked off my sticker price. This was close enough for me to the good price margin of $2250 of sticker.

But stick to your guns, remember that dealers get lots of incentives from Toyota to move the car which are not advertised. If you are going to finance your car through the dealer, there is another couple of hundred dollars that the dealer will split with the financing company for the financing deal that is coming out of your pocket. Always beware of any fees in addition to tax and title. My OTD price was 25100. I financed 5 years 15k and paid the rest down at 2.75%. With the financing charges the total to finance my car for 5 years was around $1200 dollars in interest plus any financing charges. I can pay it off early to avoid some interest but I found out later that the bank charges a 150 early payment fees that is all but illegal in Ohio. Beware of 5/3 bank!!
  • As this forum has been incredibly helpful, I wanted to share my experience.

Bought 2012 Camry Hybrid LE with floor mats (NE area) -

MSRP $26760

What I paid:
    $24029 + $295 doc fee + TTL and tax = $25950 OTD

Thoughts?
  • I would say it is a pretty good price. Kindly refer my older post for a detailed breakdown for 2012 LE that I bought a month ago.

22,690 - 1000 = 21,690, mine was for ~21,700. I am assuming you do not qualify for a grad discount, thus 22,690 is a good price.

Did you also check Edmunds rebate it is $500 - am not sure if it is still available.

Cheers,

Mayank
  • Got a 2012 Camry SE (red with black interior). Price:

22100+tax, tag, title (just under 24000 OTD). By my calculations it was about 120 bucks over invoice. Also thanks to the link to the iPad Edmunds rebate. Going to send mine in tomorrow!

Salesman negotiated price and trade in. Never mentioned a doc fee. Got to the F and I room and they had 800 dollar "customer service fee" listed. Told him that was not part of the deal and I wasn't going to pay it. He left the room for a few minutes, came back and took it off the price of the car, but left it on the contract. Funny the games they play, but happy with my purchase so far. Did not get the NAV, but did get the electric drivers seat
  • Tuesday, I picked up a fully loaded 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE at Folsom Lake Toyota, here in NorCalifornia. The options include:

Magnetic gray with gray leather
    Convenience Package
    Moonroof
    Leather Package
    Premium HDD Navigation, Entune, and JBL
    Blind Spot Monitor
    Safety Connect
    Floor Mats

MSRP: $34,705

I paid 31,440 + TTL and no haggle. Walked in, walked around the car, told the sales guy I'll buy it. It's the same car I drove on Sunday and they wouldn't haggle then. It's exactly the color and options I wanted = win!

I also got the 9 yr, 100K warranty with $0 deductible + 5 yr, 55k maintenance for $2,215 for both. Not sure if this was a good price though.

This car was their daily "loss leader" to get people in the door. While I was signing papers, I know 2 other people that were interested in this car.

--
    In the 3 days that I have owned the car, I have tinted all the windows (highly recommend), debadged (except for the hybrid label on the back), and replaced all interior lights with LEDS. I also replaced the poor trunk light with cold cathode tubes. The last thing to do is upgrade to HID headlights as soon as I figure that out. I miss the HID's dearly. Not sure why this isn't an option from factory/dealer.

-M
  • Great Price !! I have had mine for about 2 1/2 months and love it. Looks like timing is everything!
  • sg2012sg2012 Posts: 8
    Do you mind sharing where you got this deal from? I am also in the market for the same and I live in NE.
  • pradeepradee Posts: 1
    I got quote $22,540 OTD (MSRP 24,425). Is this a good price?
    Hey Pradee,

That's a great price. I am guessing that u skipped nav system? Try n see if u can get that added for another 500 or so. It's worth it.

Autt
  • Heyy,

Does anyone know how to obtain the iPad 2 rebate? I just purchased a brand new 2012 Camry SE two weeks ago and would appreciate any help - Thank you so much!

Joe
  • Hello,

Do you know anything more about the rebate? I only purchased my car a few weeks ago and never knew about the rebate. I just got the form - Do you know if I still send it in if I will qualify or if they will accept it since I just purchased?

Thank you!
  • yeziam12yeziam12 Posts: 2
    Carmax in Laurel, MD has them for very similar price - $24,425 MSRP and $22,198 no haggle price. Savings of $2,147. FYi
  • rampramp Posts: 11
    $22,540 OTD ? I am looking for Camry SE and got a quote for 25,407.60 OTD.
    can you share me the dealer details? Thanks
  • jc76ersjc76ers Posts: 3
    Anyone know whats a good price for a 2012 Camry SE in the So Cal area?
    Also, can any owners confirm if the SE comes standard with the fake leather? Any dealerships to recommend?
    Thanks.
    SE comes standard with leather. But the leather package adds heated suede inserts. Standard is the same net cloth as in the LE.
    Are you looking at SE V6? SE has too options - Cloth and leather. Its 2 tone - cloth in the center and leather on the sides.
  • jc76ersjc76ers Posts: 3
    i'm looking for the 4 cylinder SE. If anyone can post a good deal in the SoCal area, it would be much appreciated.
  • You have I4 SE auto with power driver seat and carpeted floor mats = $24,425. Invoice = $22,082 so you have been quoted $ 458 over invoice. You did not say if there would be the $405 Toyota Dealer Advertising cost per Camry added. If so, you would be $863 over invoice+TDA.

My Indianapolis area cost:
    2012 SE with power driver seat, sunroof, carpeted floor mats has dealer invoice of $23,036. Add $405 TDA cost = $23,441. My cost was $23,400 so just below invoice if you count TDA. All dealers I talked to would not negotiate the TDA. Most wanted $300 to $500 over invoice if you included the TDA.

I would push for invoice within + /- $100. They still get $460 holdback on the Camry's + other possible Toyota to dealer cash we don't know of.