Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nflguynflguy Posts: 90
    I also applied for the edmunds rebate two weeks ago and will be completeting that and send in for the $750 rebate.

I declined all of the additional warranties they offered(Execu-care and Zaktek Ultimate). The part that I didn't like was the finance person would only talk about the cost of the extended warranties in terms of what our monthly payments would be if we bought the car with those added warranties. Instead of just telling me what the bottom line cost of the extended warranty is. She claimed the system only provided a monthly cost including the car purchase. I laughed and turned it down.

I might be interested in an extended warranty but I always assume such warranties offered by dealers are ripoffs.
    Texas Toyota of Grapevine. Did all my negotiation via email.

This is probably the same with most dealers but I would not recommend trading in your car at the dealership unless you have already taken it to Carmax to see what they will give you.

Carmax offered me $3,200 for my car. This dealer offered $1,000 so i declined.
  • oz_22151oz_22151 Posts: 7
    @NFLGUY, congrats!

But please clarify, so what you bought is the gas version of the Camry - 4 cylinder XLE right ?

Another word, NOT a Hybrid version, right ?

Thx.
    You are correct. I did NOT buy a Hybrid.
  • Can you share what dealer(and city) you purchased the extended warranty from?
  • g_ncg_nc Posts: 2
    I just completed a purchase for 2012 Camry SE with the following:

Convenience pkg
    Entune with Navigation
    Leather pkg
    moonroof pkg
    carpet floor mats
    All State window tint

MSRP: 29188.00

OTD price: 26,200 before Edmunds $750 mail in rebate

Total w/ rebate: 25,450.00

24,730.10 before tax/tags/title

Did I get a good deal?
    Is the Toyota extended warranty worth it? If so, whats a good price?
    I did not get extended warranty but got maintenance care for year 3, 4 and 5 for $825.
  • cc62966cc62966 Posts: 30
    I'd like to know this too! On the fence about getting the 7 yr/100K extended warranty. Anyone with an opinion on this?
  • jatanjatan Posts: 92
    You can buy extended warranty from online dealers for a better price

Google "midwest superstore toyota extended warranty" for the warranty manager's contact info (lot of people buy it from there)

Google "toyota of danville extended warranty" (most people from SiennaChat buy it from there)

Price it out and see if you want to buy it or not
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,668
    Most people and CR will tell you extended warranties are not worth it. Just save the $$ in case something does go wrong. Chances are, you will still have the $ (or most of it) after the warranty would be finished.
  • cardude16cardude16 Posts: 2
    I got a quote for Camry se I4 nav/leather/con pkg/carpet mats/wheel lock/rear number applique / moon roof / nav and entune / for 25435 plus junk fees 250 ( 75 dealer prep 50 out of state state inspection 25 and so on) plus tax and tags extra also quoted 640 for Toyota ext warranty 8 yrs 75000 miles. Is this a good price. NY city suburbs
  • cardude16cardude16 Posts: 2
    I got a quote for Camry se I4 nav/leather/con pkg/carpet mats/wheel lock/rear number applique / moon roof /nav and entune / for 25435 plus junk fees 250 ( 75 dealer prep 50 out of state state inspection 25 and so on) plus tax and tags extra also quoted 640 for Toyota ext warranty 8 yrs 75000 miles. Is this a good price. NY city suburbs
  • chenxiaoyichenxiaoyi Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2012 Camry LE with the carpet floor mats and power seat for $22750 OTD in northen california. Is it a good price?
  • schewmischewmi Posts: 10
    edited May 2012
    OTD Revised to $24,400 with Grad Rebate. (MSRP $29,605)
    I am targeting $24000.

Miles: Test drove the same car, had 4 miles + 8 miles of test drive =12 miles.

Equipments on Base Camry XLE:
    1. Convenience Package (CQ)
    2. Leather Package (LA-1)
    3. Navigation Display (EX)

Exterior Color: Silver Interior: Ash

$24,000 for MSRP 29,605 Is it realistic?
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Posts: 20
    Very good deal......what state?
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Posts: 20
    good deal----in what state are you in......im looking for the same deal
  • g_ncg_nc Posts: 2
    The deal was in North Carolina
  • ctlctl Posts: 123
    That means 24,0xx MSRP and 20,7xx Sales price before TTL? good deal! which dealer?
  • kp1pbrkp1pbr Posts: 7
    That sounds like a good deal.
    I'm looking for buyers in Central FL area that got great deals. Conguration I'm looking for is SE 4cyl with sunroof, entune, and convenience pkg. Is 23k possible?
  • chenxiaoyichenxiaoyi Posts: 2
    It was Hayward toyota.
  • lganlgan Posts: 2
    Where do you find the link for the Edmunds $750 mail in rebate? Thanks.
  • kittyranmakittyranma Posts: 1
    Got a Hybrid XLE w/Display Nav (non-HDD), Convenience, Leather and Moon (+Floor Mats). MSRP $32205, purchase $29767 before TTL in San Diego (Carlsbad Toyota). Drove it back to San Francisco.

I tried, tried and tried to get anywhere near that in No.Cal (live in San Francisco, heart of "Smug Alert" .. err .. Hybrid country, with apologies to Eric Cartman). Nobody would even come close to invoice, much less under msrp. I am hearing now with gas above $4.25 in Nor Cal ($4.59 down the street -- for regular), no dealer here is under msrp, period. Too bad.
  • argentoleeargentolee Posts: 1
    hi,
    i got a OTD price for the same car $32,580. thats including tax and all other fees.
    This was in South Bay.
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Posts: 63
    I always find it interesting when people buy a car and then question whether they received a good deal or not. Isn't that a little late? I would rather do my homework, get a good deal according to my information and hope for the best. Nothing you can do after the fact except be angry and upset. Why waste the energy?
    edited May 2012
    To help other people learn from their mistakes and get a better deal ?

And to gloat and feel good if you got a steal ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,368
    That's just the way some people word it...

As noted above, they are reporting what they paid... which is what this forum is all about!

Focus on the data, not the semantics... ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• winbuiwinbui Posts: 1
    I was quoted a price of 24,600 before TTL on he Toyota Camry Hybrid LE in cosmic Gray. I live in the western New york area (Buffalo/Rochester). I was wondering if this was a good price. Edmunds list the invoice as 24621 and a TMV 25496 for this area.
  • siddiquimsiddiquim Posts: 1
    I am making a 2012 Camry LE purchase from a dealer in Chicago.
    Sale price was $19995 - $1000 college grade Rebate. So $18995 + Tax title etc.
    Also getting 2.99% APR for 60 months. The camry does not have power seats, but does have the touch display. Power locks and Windows and they are giving floor-trunk mats.
    Please Advise.
  • gkartikgkartik Posts: 2
    I was getting best OTD price $27052 for 2012 Toyota Camery 4 Cylder with Conv Package with no any rebate. Not eligible for college rebate or military rebate.
    Anybody get better price below this ? I'm in East Bay, California.

Please Advise.