Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thanks --- That will all by really helpfull!! I really apprecieate it.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    It's difficult to say whether Toyota will introduce any cash incentives on the Camry this summer. It hasn't provided any on this model in a long time.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi k_logan. It's definitely not a scam. This was a promotion that was run by Toyota and Edmunds. If you don't cash the check, endorse it and send it over my way...I'll take it ;).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • lohralohra Posts: 2
    Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with waiting until the end of the year to purchase the year end model ('12 Camry)? I've heard that Black Friday and late December are good times to see lower prices since these new cars will then be depreciated a year. I can afford to wait.
  • ksan2ksan2 Posts: 4
    Hello everyone, Happy 4th of July!

I just closed the deal today on a Camry SE V6... Here are the details

CAR:
    2012 Camry SE V6,
    +Premium JBL System (along with Display Audio and Navi)
    +Backup camera / Smart Key system
    +Leather/Ultrasuede
    +Passenger Side Power Seat
    +Moonroof
    +Light Tinting

$31,599 : MSRP
    -$4,627 : Negotiated price reductions (includes $500 rebate for 0% financing)
    ---------------------------------
    $26,972 : Final negotiated price (-$4,627)
    -$750 : Edmunds.com rebate (-$750)
    -$4,000 : Trade-in (2002 Toyota Camry LE with 124k miles)
    $22,222 : Final Net price (excluding TTL)

Dealership: Toyota of Fayetteville (Arkansas).
    I had to go in a second time to talk with someone about buying a car.. The first time ended badly and salesperson was poor and wasn't willing to really negotiate (mainly on the trade-in).. The second time I talked with the internet dealer & got a great price on the car.. Then he was much more flexible on the trade in & frankly a lot more realistic - we were happy and closed the deal on the SE V6...
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 8,010
    Wow! $4600+ off sticker plus $4K for your 10 year old 124K Camry! I'd say you did quite well!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• No trade no special financing taken.

$28,855 less discount of $3,355 the only other fee was a $139 dealer fee. The rest was TTL. So the car was $25,500 plus the dealer fee of $139. No extras or add ons purchased. I ended up with Cosmic Gray with Black leather ,conv. pkg , Navi, sunroof spoiler etc. I found using MSRP is the easiest way to compare prices paid. I am doing the edmunds rebate as well so it will end up being $24,750. Thanks to everyone who posts and good luck.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,032
    A journalist would like to speak to someone who considered buying a plug-in hybrid, but ultimately decided against it. If you were recently in the market for a new car, considered buying a plug-in hybrid like the Nissan Leaf or the Chevy Volt, but decided to buy a conventional hybrid (e.g. Prius, Civic Hybrid, Malibu Hybrid, Camry Hybrid, etc.) or traditional power train, please send your daytime contact information including telephone number to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, July 9, 2012 at 10 a.m. Pacific/1 p.m. Eastern.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Congrats!! I still can't find the Edmunds rebate. Did it show up for you in the form ofa pop-up?

Thanks!!
  • habhavsarhabhavsar Posts: 12
    I got a dealer quote for $24,125 Out of the Door for Gray or Black exterior. This is a base model w/o moon roof,etc which I dont need.
    Is this a good price? Thanks!
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,032
    Sorry, but that offer expired on July 1.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• ocbmwocbmw Posts: 31
    edited July 2012
    It is now Edmund/Nissan offer for Altima. The amount varies, I got both $500 and $250 off ad.
    edited July 2012
    Here in SoCal, It is easy to get 1K below invoice. Then add TTL.
  • bre_z_91bre_z_91 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Some great deals can be had by just doing your homework. After doing numbers crunching several days, was ready to do an "email blitz" to several dealers to get the best pricing but decided I would give my local dealer a shot first. I probably could've shaved a few more dollars from the final price BUT ---- I talked directly to the "Internet Sales Manager" over the phone and told him EXACTLY what I would pay for his car INCLUDING destination charge! All we did was add the doc fee + TTL. Walked in, test drove the car, sat down and signed the papers!

2012 Camry XLE
    2.5L I4
    Cloth interior
    Moonroof
    8-way power seat
    Fogs
    17" alloy wheels

$25,600 : MSRP
    -$3,300 : Negotiated price reductions
    $22,300 : Final negotiated price
    + $760.00 dest chg
    + $399.00 doc fee
    -$4,000 : Trade-in
    $19,459 : Final price (excluding TTL)

Felt like I got a good price. As stated, probably could've saved a few more $$$$ but overall I was happy with the final deal.
  • mhclkmhclk Posts: 1
    is $22888 after the college grad rebate? Thanks
  • Just bought a Camry XLE (4-cyl) over the 4th. It's fully loaded (leather, nav, etc.). Got it for $26,500.00. I was happy with the price and the process. Bypassed all the sales people and scheduled an appointment directly with the internet fleet manager who has the authority to make his own deals. Way better than dealing with the back and forth of the salespeople. Negotiations took about 30 minutes and it was incredibly low-stress.

We feel we received a terrific price and we absolutely love the new car :)
  • manchurianmanchurian Posts: 20
    Its a good deal. Does the price include sales tax, TT&L? what options were included - you mentioned leather (LA), navigation (EX), does it include convenience package (CQ)? What other dealer installed options such as mud guards, tinting etc? Please give some more specifics. Thanks
    Congrats!! Totally agree with you.. MSRP and %off MSRP seems to be the best way to judge the deal and to compare using Edmunds.com forums and Fitzmall.com.... By the way, Fitzmall.com was the main place where I got rock-bottom prices. I was able to use the numbers from that site to get to a realistic LOW price for the Camry
    Yes, I just googled "Edmunds special incentives" and clicked on Toyota... That's the way I found it.
  • deep09deep09 Posts: 1
    Hey All,

I bought the 2012 Toyota camry SE with all options with all weather carpets in 26000 and OTD price I paid 28000. I wanted to know how can I get the edmunds 750$ rebate and how much I paid extra on this deal ?

Thanks
  • hong5hong5 Posts: 1
    hi nthboston,

Can you share more information about your purchase at Ira Toyota of Tewksbury? I am in MA and looking for the same car.

Thanks.
    Need some more details.. was it the I4 or the V6?
  • Started looking for a new vehicle on Memorial day. Signed and took delivery on June 31.

2012 Camry SE V6 - Magnetic Gray Metallic
    MSRP: $ 26640
    Sunroof: +$ 915
    Delivery, Processing and handling: +$ 840
    Carpet Mats w/Trunk Mat: +$ 349
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Total Sticker Price: $ 28744
    Negotiated Discount: -$ 3845
    Add 3% Sales Tax: +$ 747
    Dealer/Misc. Fees: +$ 646
    Edmunds/Toyota Rebate: - $ 750
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Total OTD Price: $ 25542

No connivence package (No auto dimming mirror or back up camera)
    No leather package
    Kept the standard touch screen and navi
    No JBL audio

Purchased in Raleigh, NC from a no pressure and respectful sales associate. I hope I got a deal!
  • menace24menace24 Posts: 3
    ?on toyotacashback, whats the serial number your supposed to use?
  • Aside from $500 buyer incentive to do 0% financing, what is the amt the DEALER is getting as an incentive if I finance???
    If you signed up for the offer, look for in in the email you got.
  • kfernandokfernando Posts: 4
    it depends on the sales tax. wats the sales tax? if the price before TTL is 22300 or below its really good....
  • coches1coches1 Posts: 104
    Is their anybody in the forum who has actually received
    the check for $750 from toyota/edmunds??

Please include any problems or helpful hints for myself
    and the others members.

thanks
  • coches1coches1 Posts: 104
    Want to buy the Camry LE in Southern California. Need your help
    in obtaining the dealer for the best purchase price.

The best comparison is the cash purchase price without tax and license.

The options added will be Driver side power seat and mats.

thank you and the host in advance
  • rhizzleboprhizzlebop Posts: 12
    I have agreed to a Hybrid camry XLE.
    32150+Tax,tag,title=32,600.
    MSRP was 35,477+700 doc fee.

I think this is a pretty solid deal, and they requested the exact car and colors I wanted and I'm waiting for it to arrive at their lot in the next couple weeks.

How does this compare to other deals received?