Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gaffgaff Posts: 3
    I am interested in purchasing a 2009 Toyota Camry XLE. Outside of Boston. Sticker prices is 30,414. How much over dealers invoice should I pay? Dealer did not give me a price.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    26,300 + tax + tags

V6-XLE

.This one is a little bit more expensive than yours
  • papa317papa317 Posts: 2
    I live in upstate NY. Not sure if I am getting a good deal on a 2009 Camry SE. MSRP $24,589
    The deal they will give me is $2500 down, $239 month, 36 months, 12000 miles a year. This includes taxes and DMV fees.
    What do you think? Thanks!
  • cmsgtzcmsgtz Posts: 4
    Quick question, did they give you an estimated delivery date?
  • papa317papa317 Posts: 2
    They didn't have the color I wanted in stock, but they are getting it from another dealer. Should be 7-10 for delivery.
  • btalmagebtalmage Posts: 6
    Anybody from NorCal area get a new 09 Camry Hybrid? Let me know what you got going out there in terms of deals. I'm in San Jose area. I checked with Fleet and Internet the first week in July at all dealers from Roseville and Folsom, Sacramento (Maita), down to all the SF Bay Area dealers. most wanted over MRSP, or $500 under. Costco deals in June were $650 over inv, now $1000 under MSRP, still not good, but too much demand. Only Sunnyvale Toy and Piercy Toy were locally offering Costco discount on TCH. Best deal so far is $1000-1200 over invoice of $28,503 incl LA, UP, CQ, mats (~$29,500 +tax/lic. MSRP is $31,567).

To get earlier delivery, can't order what you want, but must take what car options come from factory, so either low-end or fully loaded Nav/Leath. Waiting is about 1-2 months, some dealers quote 2-3 months, but Sunnyvale has higher allocations. There are 50 on order now at the dealership, which seems bad news, but Prius waiting list is now up to 300!!.

Ext Warr from Toyota (Platnum) 7yr/100k is WAY cheaper if you buy it online also from other Toy dealers. Priced at only $990, zero ded.

buy extended warranty online for your TCH, not from the dealer, or use online quotes at least to get better deals. getting prices like $990 for 7yr/100k with 0 ded on Toyota Platinum extended warranty (the one you need if you have a Hybrid). All you need is your VIN number. There are 3-4 great dealers in the East that are selling at these prices, insted of $1800-2400! Crazy, people pay that, b/c they didn't know to shop around.
  • tclantontclanton Posts: 15
    What would be the best extended warranty for a 2009 Camry XLE 4 cylinder?
    If you don't have a hybrid or Nav, I suggest as most others, including consumer reports, that you do not need a warranty at all, especially these reliable Toyotas. I have 2 1999 corolla's and neither have ever been in the shop. Most will tell you the same. If you buy for peace of mind or to add resale value (people want to buy a car still under warranty), then spend the $500-600 to get the lower level plan (the Platinum plan is to cover hybrid parts and Nav, it costs $990 for yr/100k/0deduct. But you can get the 6yr/100k or 7r/75k miles, to save money, but depends on your yearly miles you expect to drive. You have up to the first 3yr/36k to purchase this ext warr, so no hurry... best deals are from Troy at ToyotaofGreenfield in Mass (TDietrich@FactoryDiscountWarranty.com. You can also check WarranyShack.com or MiswestSuperStore.com, and you'll pay half the dealer rate for genuine toyota ext warranty. Or negotiate with your dealer to lower their price to the same. But do not mention to the dealer who you are buying the warranty from, as it causes him to get nasty emails from other dealers.

Here is the link to the toyota corp's Extra Care Extended Warranty details

http://www.toyotafinancial.com/consumer/tfs.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_NewV- ehicleProtectionPlan
  • james108james108 Posts: 34
    Yes,

I got an LE V6 with $5500 discount on July 4th. It's a really good deal on an excellent car. We like it. :)
  • bnguyenbnguyen Posts: 2
    Does anyone have any experience in owning a Hybrid Camry? Is it worth paying for? What's the repair cost ...
    Thanks

I'm debating on whether to get an Accord or Camry Hybrid ?

Thanks
  • loves2readloves2read Posts: 47
    what do you think is forum is all about---
    read some posts---
  • acdiiacdii Posts: 753
    Lets see, 40 MPG, room for 5 including two in car seats, comfortable to drive, great sounding stereo, AC that gets cold(compared to the Prius). Yes it is well worth it! Did I mention 40 MPG?! You will not find a new Accord that will get anywhere near that.
  • okamuraokamura Posts: 3
    I am looking for a 2009 Toyota Camry LE V6 with only standard features in Classic Silver Metallic for as close to $21.5k as possible as that is the price I have been reading people getting on this forum. If anybody knows of a killer deal like I am looking for on a Camry please let me know!

Here are my results so far in my search for anybody else interested in the same car I am looking for.

Quality Toyota in Corona, CA
    The best OTD price they offered me on the phone was $24k

Riverside Toyota in Riverside, CA
    The best OTD price they offered was 23k but the car wasn't going to be in stock until this Friday.

Crown Toyota in Ontario, CA
    Avoid this place like the plague as they do not have the decency to tell you no over the phone but resort to playing typical car salesman games. They offered me 22k I immediately went to their dealership, they showed me a 4 cylinder and I told them to show me the car I asked for then they said they couldn't do it for the price they told me earlier. The "manager" told me the best he could do was 25k.
    Quality Toyota in Corona, CA
    They called me back and offered 23.2k

I have seen several people on this forum in this thread get the car for 21.5k-22.5k OTD please advise if this is a good price I am being quoted or if anybody knows where the best deal on this car is. Thank you
  • go to west/south orange county. much, much more competitive rates. i suggest elmore toyota. they're a no-fuss dealership. i just walked in, asked how much a camry v4 was OTD, and they gave the price 20.5k. told them another dealer was offering 20.1k, so they decided to do that price instead. don't buy the alarm for 1k, and they should give you free oil changes for two years. for a V6, ask for 22k OTD. honestly you should have gone at 4th of july/memorial day sale. people are off work so there's more customers on the lots so the salesman will want to get business done as fast and efficiently as possible.
    I got the car tonight at Quality Toyota in Corona, CA for smoking deal. It only took 45 minutes to get everything done. NO hassle, and it was an extremely pleasant experience.
  • macno0bmacno0b Posts: 22
    Hey guys,

Can i buy an alarm system on ebay and have it installed into a brand new camry 09 without having the warranty voided?

I heard from the salesman that I need to have it done through them to keep the warranty status intact.

I never trust a salesman before so I want to confirm with you guys.

We are talking about $500 different.

Thanks
  • james108james108 Posts: 34
    As I mentioned in my previous post, we got it at MSRP - $5,500 on July 4th. It's less than 21.5k OTD.
  • macno0bmacno0b Posts: 22
    Hey guys,

Can i buy an alarm system on ebay and have it installed into a brand new camry 09 without having the warranty voided?

I heard from the salesman that I need to have it done through them to keep the warranty status intact.

I never trust a salesman before so I want to confirm with you guys.

We are talking about $500 different.

Thanks