Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am looking to buy SE v6 - with cloth interior w/o curtain air bags....I have been quoted as low as 21600 OTD including taxes and title and all other fees - this includes the rebate...is this good?
    The first call I made offered me 22277 OTD....and the next guy 21600 - help me choose...
  • azguyazguy Posts: 23
    You are exactly right, alpha. The LE with the SE package is NOT the SE model. They are delivering it to my home today! This is the wife's car....she is stoked!
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    I'm sure your wife will be happy its a very sharp looking, smooth riding, refined and economical vehicle. Which options did you choose again, and was the MSRP and final sales price (before TTL)?

inspectoring- if you have two offers on the exact same vehicle, and one is $700 less than the other, what exactly do you need help in deciding?

~alpha
  • andy71andy71 Posts: 96
    mine has the VSC and side curtain airbags + SE premium package. MSRP: $27,572. My out of the door price was $24,870. So far I am very happy with the car. Only had it for 9 days. Still driving it very gently till the car is broken in. The only thing I have an issue with is the drive by wire throttle system. While I understand it improves fuel efficiency and acceleration, I don't like the disconnected feel when I step on the gas. Don't get me wrong, the car is very quick in fact much quicker than my 95 LE V6. But in the older Camry I would feel the response as I stepped on the gas. With the new Camry I don't feel it. The acceleration feels sort of artificial. Anybody else felt it also?
  • that seems to be the most common complaint with the 04 SE V6...the acceleration sucks....
  • azguyazguy Posts: 23
    The MSRP was $24,830....I bought it w/ the options on it which were ABS, side and curtain air bags, moonroof, and the "SE package". The final price before tax and license, was $20,000. Arizona VLT is about $385 and tax is 7.6% or about $1500....it's being deliverd to me in about an hour...thanks for all your help..
    I bought an 2003 Honda Accord LX V6 in June and love it, but wife has always wanted a Camry and I will love it, too...
    Azguy
  • I'm in Houston, TX. The MSRP is $23,535 including some dealer options. I got a driveout price below $21,500 after $1,000 customer rebate. It's a pretty good deal.

Having shopping around with several Toyota dealers in the Houston area, I finally did business with the Sterling McCall Toyota. I didn't get the bad things described in the "Confession of a car salesman" article at Sterling McCall. They respect you and treat the customer pretty well. It was a nice dealer-customer experience with some fun, though the negotiation is still tough. Some previous dealers really pissed me off.

You can ask for Max Dinh (internet manager, he is really a nice guy) or Scott Hanna (internet marketing director) at Sterling McCall.

I hope everybody can get a smooth and happy car shopping experience instead of those horrible things in the "Confession" article. :))
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    UM clearly you didnt read andy71's post. He said the acceleration is outstanding, just that the drive by wire is odd. I test drove an ES330 on Wednesday, and would completely concur.

~alpha
  • andy71andy71 Posts: 96
    Thanks for clarifying my statement. I understand that the ES330 and the Camry share the same engine and transmission, right? Since you test drove the ES330, how was your overall impression of the car? Could you see yourself owning one? Because of budget constraints, I had to settle for the Camry. As for the drive by wire throttle system, my dealer told me that very soon just about all the cars and trucks would have this feature.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Hi andy71 - since this discussion is specifically focused on Prices Paid and experiences buying Camrys, may I suggest you and alpha01 meet up over in the ES 300/ES 330 discussion for that conversation? Thanks.

:)
  • lawomanlawoman Posts: 1
    I'm buying the SE 4 Cyl through Costco (www.costcoauto.com) Costco sets up a deal so I can buy my car at a local dealer for $50 above invoice. I'll get the SE for $18,477. After rebate it's $17,427. I also get invoice price for any options I want to add.

So, in the end, I decided to get the premium leather package and carpeted mats options and paid $19,384 - this includes dest. charge and rebate.

This price was so great that the other competing dealerships literally told me they couldn't come close. Didn't even try.

Because I don't want the spoiler and want the moon roof (at no extra cost - it's a standard option) I have to order the car from the factory, and wait for it. It's worth the wait.

Good luck!
  • Hi Lawoman:

Thank you for the COSTCO info. Which state are you in? I am also a COSTCO member, and interested in purchasing a new camry. I am at Houston, Texas.

Could you provide me with more info? My e-mail is x_longhorn@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    The only problem that I can see if you order one is if it comes in after April 5 and there is no longer the $1000 rebate. As far as I remember the vehicle has to be purchased prior to April 6th. What happens if your vehicle is not at the dealership prior to the date?
  • TMLTMLTMLTML Posts: 22
    Good pointe fredvh. How long does a special order take? I was told it would take 8 weeks to grab a Base LE from the delivery stream, and that was NOT a special order.
  • TMLTMLTMLTML Posts: 22
    Well, considering where you attended college, I am happy to have to explain to you that lawoman is a woman from L.A.

L.A. is an abbreviation for Los Angeles. In case you don't remember what state Los Angeles is in, it's California.

Gig Em, Aggies!
  • jeff1jeff1 Posts: 11
    Bought yesterday:
    XLE 4cyl, leather, moonroof, side+curtain airbags, heated seats, floor mats:
    $ 22,200, take the $750 cash rebate,
    final price : $21,450.

I think it's a good deal.
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    What was the MSRP of this vehicle? If the MSRP of this XLE was 26,489 it was a very good deal. I show the invoice to be 23,302 and you got it for 22,200?
    Yes, the MSRP is 26,489.
  • Is that $21,450 the driveout price for this vehicle? If not, what is the driveout price? By the way, where are you located?
    drive out price:
    21450+ tax 1110 + title and fees 284

= $ 22844

I am in MA