Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    chakychaky Member Posts: 9
    Has anyone got a good price for camry LE in bay area, specifically north bay. I am willing to travel upto 100 miles to get a good deal.please post here
  • Options
    plaulplaul Member Posts: 11
    I am in the market for a Camry LE. Can anyone point me to the dealer who is offering the best prices?

Much appreciated

Thanks
  • Options
    chevymalibuchevymalibu Member Posts: 129
    I just went to my local toyota dealer in SC. The 2005 camry LE (4 cyl) which had a MSRP on the window of 20,3xx, was quoted for 16,900 to 17,000 before taxes (300 in SC cap) plus other title etc.. (total others including tax is 650). So for 17650 max, out the door. Is this a good deal?? I believe it's below invoice which is 18K or so. He said with that price, my interest rate would be 4-5% which I guess I can deal with. So far, it's competing with the 2006 sonata 4 cyl. They haven't given me a price or interest rate. I guess I have to drive both for a few hours to decide. Thanks in advance for any comments on pricing.
  • Options
    once_for_allonce_for_all Member Posts: 1,640
    an LE 4 cylinder automatic, with the options of factory mats and side curtain air bags. Fresno area dealer had a weekend sale going and this one was on sale at $18,145.

He had other LEs, there was one without the sidecurtain air bags, but with the factory mats, at $17,495.

I was expecting some major haggling. I was also ready to get an Accord (I had an offer out at $18,200 for an LX, but not a lot of interest from the dealer).

All in all a nice experience, the Camry will surely be a great car for my mom-in-law. Frankly though, it doesn't do much for me, but she is one proud owner so I won't spoil it for her.

John
  • Options
    hobbs2hobbs2 Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a Camry LE (model 2532) over the 4th of July weekend in Dublin, CA. The asking price was $17,788. Paying cash gave us an additional $1000. off. I was able to negotiate even lower to 16,400. (before tax and license fees) BE SURE AND ASK IF THERE IS EVEN MORE REBATES! Because I had just recently graduated from Cal State, it gave us an additional $400.00 rebate. That brought the total down to a few dollars over $16,000. After tax and license it was just under$18,000. I think that was about the best I was going to do on it.
  • Options
    guitarguitar Member Posts: 32
    I read on the Honda Accord section of the forum on Edmunds.com that the 2005 Model year for Accord is ending soon (in about 5 weeks) hence the 2005 Accords should get cheaper very soon.

Is this the same for the Camry?

Wonder if anybody has good buying experiences for Camry LE model in the LAX area. (California) Am looking to get one in mid to late Aug 05.
  • Options
    dannyledannyle Member Posts: 43
    Hi

I am looking for a CAMRY base with just automatic. Anyone know what is a good price in the boston area ?

thanks all
  • Options
    xykwxykw Member Posts: 6
    Purchase on 7-9-05
    Base price, $17014.82 (including floor mats)
    Doc fee, $45
    Tax, $1407.44
    License fee, $162
    CA tires fee, $8.75
    Smog fee, $12
    cash rebate, -$1000
    Total, $17650
    I could get it (exactly same equip.) at price of $17500 only for 3 choices of colors, such as black, salsa red perarl, and phantom grey pearl. But my wife liked white or lunar mist metallic, so we add a little bit more to get it.
  • Options
    camry05_ownercamry05_owner Member Posts: 1
    5 yr/ 60K gold warranty for new Camry '05 LE?
    For $1350

Do you guys think if the price is worth it? I have an option to opt out of this warranty? I have 60K - 5 yr Powertrain and factory warranty included.

Experts.. please help!!!
  • Options
    andrelaplumeandrelaplume Member Posts: 934
    Did I see such a post reccomending the v6 over the v4 because it was noisy? Unless Toyota changed the engine after 2002 (my year) then I think the poster must have been in car with a problem. I have a 2.4 and have no accelaeration problems and the engine is quiet as heck...so quiet you hear every little rattle in the car. I drive with my family and the ac on and have more than adaquate acceleration and better yet I bet I get better mileage than the v6!

So drive both before writing off the v4.

PS: the 4 in my Camry is as quick or quicker than the 6 in my old Merc.
  • Options
    once_for_allonce_for_all Member Posts: 1,640
    not to be dull, but no one except yourself can answer that question.

If you use it, it was worth it.

If you didn't use it, it was not worth it.

Businesses make money on the extended warranties. Figure that they are always smarter than we are in penciling out the numbers.

So, chances are if you put your $1350 in the bank, you should profit whatever they do (on the average).

So it gets down to peace of mind, and risk aversion. Only you can decide.

John
  • Options
    rain3rain3 Member Posts: 14
    Hi,
    I wanna buy a Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan, auto, plus all airbags. This will be my first car. I have no prior buying experience. Wanna ask several questions:
    1. I talked to a dealer, he offered me a price of 17990 plus tax and tag, is it a good price in philadelphia?
    2. I am a recent graduate, how can i get the 400 graduate discont?
    3. I plan to rent a car to go to several dealers, if you are also in Phila, maybe we can carpool

Thanks a lot!
    Jane
  • Options
    toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    Jane,

On an LE Camry, that looks as though it is at or just below invoice, so sounds pretty good overall.

As for the College grad program for you, there are three requirements.

1. You have graduated within the last 24 months from the date you pick up the new car.

2. You have current employment or proof of immenent future employment (ie. letter stating your start date on company letterhead or pay stub)

3. You have no currently derogotary credit history and no past bankruptcies.

Lastly, you must finance the vehicle, at least in part, with Toyota Financial Services.

Hope this helps.

Ken
  • Options
    I bought 4 extended warranties for my cars. The two grand ams (1987 and 1989) and two 1994 camrys. Only the 1987 grand am broke even. The other grand am had one small claim but the two camrys didn't even have a claim. Put the money in a savings account and take the chance. You're only getting two more years and 24K miles. Gee, my two 1994 camrys didn't start having problems till 150K. Good luck. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    I just tested a 4 cyl 2005 LE. quiet on acceleration and road noise. Beat the sonata hands down in those two areas.
  • Options
    austin360aaustin360a Member Posts: 8
    I am going to buy a camry LE 4-cyl auto in the next two months. Since the 06 model is coming, I assume Toyota will have new promotion at least as good as the current factory rebate.

Anybody with experience know if it is possible for TOYOTA reduce incentives after August 1?

Many thanks
  • Options
    savagekei05savagekei05 Member Posts: 29
    I went to 355 Toyota, Rockville MD and tried to test drive 2 times and get a quote, and my 2 time experiences were HORRIBLE! First time, don't know if they were blind or no customer service or they all dead, I was standing at the front door and no one assist me for 10 min, i asked if can anyone assist us, they said please have a seat first, someone will come shortly, ok? 15 minutes later, i left. Second time, the dealer had no idea what they were doing, they showed me all the color for the LE v6, he told me to pick a color first, then he walked back in for another customer that's about to pay for his car and he told me just a monent. At least they should invite us to get in and have a sit. ok... we were waiting inside for over 30 min, i got really pissed then i drove away. i will never go bak again, and one thing that i realized camry is everywhere on the street not that much special, i have tasted drive the Camry LE V6 and Accord LX V6, the look of the Accord is so much better, then internal looks so much cooler. If anyone consider Camry LE V6, i suggest you to test drive an Accord LX V6 be4 u try camry, and i got a quote for LX V6 for just OTD 22000, remeber the invoice price of Accord is 1000$ more than carmy :lemon:
    Accord 30miles / gallon :D
    Camry 28 miles / gallon :cry:
  • Options
    romborombo Member Posts: 1
    I want to buy a new Camry XLE 4 cylinder. I live in West Texas. All the dealers want to add junk packages such as Extra Mile and sealant stuff which add $1400 to the price. I cant even find a car for less than MSRP sticker price as their final offer! Also, I discovered that Texans can't use any of the online car buying places. It is against the law! Does anyone know a Texas dealer who will make a fair and honest deal? Frustrated near Lubbock.
  • Options
    bernie3bernie3 Member Posts: 48
    Last year the 2005 models started arriving at dealerships around mid August and the $1000 rebate on the '04s remained in effect until they were gone, I believe. There was no rebate on the '05s for the first few months.

Re: good buying experience in LA area. I bought my '05 LE 4 cyl. at Toyota of Orange in Dec. for $16,495 including a $500 rebate in effect then. I was in the area a couple weeks ago and saw the same model advertized for $15,995 at Toyota of Orange (25 available), and Power Toyota of Buena Park (15? available). These prices included a $1000 rebate. Their ads run on Friday and/ or Sunday.

I was very pleased with Toyota of Orange. I dealt with the internet/ fleet dept. by phone and only came in once I had the price and color availability confirmed. I told them if they had the car at the advertised price I would be in within a half hour to buy. You get the best price when they know you are going to buy within 48 hours.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    firsttime2firsttime2 Member Posts: 4
    I am RTP, NC and planning to by a camry LE, 4 dr, sedan, auto with side airbag. Dealer quoted OTD price $ 19,000. How about this price? It is my first time to buy a new car. Any opinion will be appreciated.
  • Options
    steven16steven16 Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

Does any one has recently bought a Camry LE AT with side airbages around Albany, NY area, and how much did you pay. Thanks a lot

Steven
  • Options
    joecarnutjoecarnut Member Posts: 215
    I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this question and the possible silliness of the question.
    When they have these sales that are advertised in the papers on Friday and Sundays, does the actual sale start that day Friday morning or would it be start on Saturday morning?
    Thanks........Ken
  • Options
    Unless it's at the end of the month when incentives end, they typically start or are in effect immediately.

Ken
  • Options
    weinanweinan Member Posts: 6
    Hi, Jane,

i am also living in Phila and going to buy a Camry. Did you get one? Which dealer you are dealing with?

harry
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Ken.
  • Options
    marynmaryn Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a 2005 Camry LE in the Tacoma/Olympia area. Any recommendations, information, comments to offer? I have tried in vain to find descriptions of the 2006 model in order to know how it may be better? Know anything about this?
  • Options
    ricmondeericmondee Member Posts: 1
    I am from Richmond. I am also planning to buy camary LE with Side air bags.
    I negotiated the price same as $19000 OTD.

Somebody pl reply me whether its a good price... first time buying a car...reply is appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Options
    terrylisaterrylisa Member Posts: 2
    Hello;

Need opinions!!!! A 2005 XLE w/side airbags, wheels locks, all weather mats and trunk mat, spoiler... $299/month plus tax.... I guess I should be negotiating price, BUT.. I told the dealer what I wanted and to give me a price, if I liked I would lease. This is for a 48 month lease and 15kmiles/yr... Should I be negotiating an OTD price?.... I am now second guessing myself and not sure if I should lease. Please help ... :cry:

Thanks ---------------- Terry
  • Options
    welsonwelson Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I am a new buyer and looking for the Camry LE auto in Charlotte NC. Does anyone can give me some good price which give me some idea? Tax in NC is 3%.
    Any suggestion is appreicated. :)
  • Options
    matte01matte01 Member Posts: 2
    It is refundable if you didn't file any claims in 5 years. You should receive a refund form with your receipts :) .
  • Options
    matte01matte01 Member Posts: 2
    Can I get $1000 factory rebate & $400 new graduate rebate at the same time on a camry LE? Any restrictions on that? Thanks.
  • Options
    dannyledannyle Member Posts: 43
    Hi
    I am looking for a BASE CAMRY w/AUTO in the Boston Area. Anyone know what is a good price for this car ?

Thanks
  • Options
    You can combine the two, with the following restrictions. You must finance the vehicle through Toyota Financial Services. You can not use the $1,000 AND the special financing, if available, it is one or the other. For the college grad rebate, you have to have graduated within the last 24 months or will be graduating within the next 6, have proof of current or immenent employment, and have no derogitory credit history.

Hope this helps.

Ken
  • Options
    motownusamotownusa Member Posts: 836
    I think 19K OTD price is excellent especially one equipped with side airbag. The price of a base LE (no side airbag) with auto is around 20K (MSRP) without tax, title and destination. So I am guessing you are saving a good $3000 off MSRP which is quite good.
  • Options
    weinanweinan Member Posts: 6
    I happened to find NJ still has 1.9% APR, however, no insentives in PA, just across the river. I am looking for a Camry with sun roof and alloy wheel. Did anybody have the experience recently in NJ?
  • Options
    guitarguitar Member Posts: 32
    Sounds like a good price. BTW what's the sales tax in Richmond?
  • Options
    rldrld Member Posts: 9
    May I know which dealer? I'm in SF bay area.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    Hi,
    Is anyone out there getting any good deals on 2005 Camry LE's / AT 4 cyl with or without airbags in the Southern California area?
    Thanks...........Ken
  • Options
    jimr21713jimr21713 Member Posts: 8
    In Maryland

MSRP - $21,501
    Invoice - $19,596
    Internet Price - $18,796 (includes $540 freight)

Think that they will come a couple of hundred below the internet price before we're done.
  • Options
    Ken,
    I'm in SF bay area, just quoted from some dealers.
    05 LE AT 4cyl is about $16,788 w/o side airbag.
    Hope this will help you.

RLD
  • Options
    Thanks for the helpful info rld. :)
    Ken
  • Options
    Ken,

I need to say it more clear. $16,788 is before any fees and tax.
    Here in SF Bay, the OTD price is $18,585.4. (tax rate 8.75%).

By the way, I remember you answered if we can apply $1000 rebate combined with $400 new graduate rebate. Some dealers say yes, the others say no. Is there any rules for it?

RLD
  • Options
    You can combine the college grad rebate with the vehicle rebate, but can not combine the vehicle rebate with the special financing.

Ken
  • Options
    Here's what one of the dealer said. He's not the only one who said that.

"The answer to the second question, one of the requirement of the new grad $400 rebate, is that you have to finance with Toyota. If you thinking about financing your purchase, then you can't take $1000 cash rebate. So you have to decide on one rebate or the other, but not both at the same time."

Thanks for Ken's reply.

RLD
  • Options
    compared it to the Sonata 2006 GL/GLS. They really didn't drop the price on the sonata (300-400) from MSRP of 19500 or 20000 GL/GLS models. The camry was driven and we thought it was a very good car. The brakes weren't that bad and the AC was better on this car. The tach was 2200 RPM at 70MPH. It had a MSRP of 20,865 and we got it for 4000 off of that plus the taxes (300 in SC) and fees/title etc.. of 480. I think I got a great deal. I know Edmunds doesn't want to say the name of the salesman but he did one hell of a job and didn't mess around. He came back with the best price and really wanted to sell a car (didn't get that impression from the hyundai dealer in terms of pricing). This dealer is the highest volume dealer in SC if that helps. Good luck to all camry owners!!!! Thanks for the info and discussion.
  • Options
    Are you guys getting a $1000 rebate? Camry is only showing a $400 college grad rebate in Maryland. The $1000 would be worth going out of state for.
  • Options
    If you go Gulf states and Southeast states, there's even more rebate! I remember it will be 1.5k. Go search in kbb.com

RLD
  • Options
    magic1688magic1688 Member Posts: 10
    Maryland (Mid-Atlantic region) does not have any rebate on Camry now! Only $300 dealer cash. Wait until August for Toyota's end of year clearance sale...2006 models will be in within 30 days... :D
  • Options
    Thanks RLD. Kbb has the info, $1000 in San Fran, $1500 in SE US, nothing in Maryland. Didn't see the $300 you are talking about magic unless you mean holdback and the dealer is telling me only the $400 college rebate. Guess I could wait another month.
  • Options
    I'd say base LE for $17,750 is good. Here in SF bay area they ask for $18.6k for LE.
    (8.75% tax rate)
    Thanks for the warning about the dealer packages. I will try the car on Sunday.

RLD