Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• If anyone has a Toyota Sharethon certificate they are not going to use, I would like to have one also. Thanks
  • Me too. Finally got the Edmunds rebate but missed the Toyota Sharethon certificate. If anyone would like to give away, please contact me. Thanks!
  • Happy New Year everyone!
    If anyone has an extra Toyotathon Sharethon Certificate, Please let me know.

I bought a 2012 Camry SE (4 cyl) for $25,900 after dealer fees (not including tax) on Saturday. The car has leather, power seats, moonroof, convenience package, navigation package, mats. The MSRP was $28764.
  • kcmoverkcmover Posts: 29
    The price of $25,199 was that a V6 model Nav and blind spot cameras. It seems like a great price. What was the sticker price on the car? Edmunds used to post that Wholesale / Retail pricing but I don't see it anymore on this site.

I want to go in pay cash on Tuesday and buy a loaded Camry XLE with 6 cyl engine. What should I pay.
  • kcmoverkcmover Posts: 29
    edited January 2012
    The MRSP of the car is 29,845.00
    Optional equipment is safety connect with emegency assist 450.00
    Blind Spot mirror 500.00
    Premium HDD Navigation with entune and JBL 7" Screen 1550.00
    Carpet / Trunk mat set 225.00
    Rear Spoiler (don't need or want) 159.00
    Rear Bumper Applique (don't need or want) 69.00
    Total options (2,953.00)
    Vehicle Base Model (29,845.00)
    Total MSRP $32,798.00

What should I expect to pay for this car in the Kansas City area? I was hopeful for about $27,000 are there any incentives or additional bonus items I should be asking the dealer for on the purchase.

I feel I need body side molding. What should that value be or tell them to include it?

The dealers all have warranty gimmicks Like lifetime powertrain warranty but thru who and what terms and conditions.

No trade in. Strictly a cash deal.

I would appreciate any advice as I would like to buy it today January 3rd, 2012.
  • KCMOVER,

In addition to the MSRP of $32798, you will have to add the destination charge ($815 or so) and then the dealer fees (varies).

Based on True Car.com, you should expect to pay around $29,700 for the car if purchased in Atlanta. How did you do?
  • bizibizi Posts: 17
    Bought 2012 Camry LE Hybrid in SoCal for $550 under invoice. At the moment, LE Hybrid generally doesn't have any options other than the floor mats. Many dealers in the area are selling the hybrids around the invoice price.
  • Can you tell me what dealership in Bergen county did you buy from? Did the price included destination costs?
  • Just purchased Attitude Black, 4 cyl Camry SE with moonroof, navigation, power driver seat and mats for $23.7k including dealer fee at Clearwater Toyota. Felt it was a fair price. Talked to dealer w/o dealer fee but they wanted more for car with fewer options. Gettel/Lakewood in Bradenton, i wouldn't ever deal with them again. They wouldn't let me wander the lot--they had sales people bring cars to you. What a terrible experience they were, while I have nothing but great things to say about the folks at Clearwater. Be warned, however, when you pull into their lot at Clearwater, there will be 20 guys hanging out waiting for you like you are meat. I would advise you talk to the internet guy and work things out, then come with a specific person to meet...
  • hbqiaohbqiao Posts: 5
    Wow, this is a great price. You really mean $550 below the invoice price? The invoice is $25028.

Could you share the dealer? I am in the same market for the same car. Thanks!
  • bizibizi Posts: 17
    Try truecar.com and check out San Diego area.
    The invoice you quoted doesn't include floor mats ($140 invoice).
  • st971475st971475 Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    I live in MA and am looking to purchase a new 2012 Camry L / base model (w/automatic transmission and floor mats). Is $18,800 a reasonable price? This includes the college grad rebate, but doesn't include tax, plates, and fee. MSRP is listed as 22,845.

I feel like I missed out on a really good deal with the Shareathon and the Edmunds rebates.
  • slay45slay45 Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    You can probably still get the Edmund's $500 rebate. Just got the special offer ad tonight. Try browsing local Accord inventory and you should see the ad. Fill it out and a few days later you should receive the certificate. It took me 3 days to get the certificate from the time I filled out the form in the ad.

Good luck.
  • Thanks for the advice, Slay! I had been trying to look for it the past few days after reading about it by searching for Honda Accords and other inventory, but wasn't able to find it until after you posted in the forum last night. I received the certificate within 5 minutes of filling it out and purchased my car today..picking it up on Monday. Thanks!
  • Sorry, I do not think the Sharethon certificates can be shared. The name had to be provided before the registration for Sharethon. The name is then matched with owner of the car.
  • I am looking for deal of new camry SE with floor mats , anyone can share price in bay area? much appreciated.

Thank you
  • dubceedubcee Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Bought my silver SE 4 cyl base in mid December 2011
    MSRP: 24,494
    Selling price: 22,177
    Adjustments: -1000 grad, -500 dealer loyalty discount, -1000 Shareathon
    OTD: 19,677 @ .9% 36-month loan

The car has been great so far, definitely the best looking imho Camry. After time I have noticed that the steering is on the 'numb' side, not offering the most feedback or feel. MPG could be better, computer reads 28-29 but doing the miles\gallons fillup math says 24-25. All in all I have been satisfied with the purchase.
  • Hi Aish,

Would you have sometime to chat online or may be I could call you to get some tips for buying a 2012 Toyota Camry LE?

My email is mj78ind at gmail.

Thanks!
  • Hi

I got a quote for Toyota Camry 2012 LE Base model, black color = $22,456
    (excluding destination fees, tax, title and license plates).
    The invoice price at Edmunds says $20,588 (excluding destination fees, tax, title and license plates).

What should I gun for? $19,788??

Thanks
  • dfwdewddfwdewd Posts: 14
    Hey bud. So did you end up buying the car? $27,300 sounds like a great price for XLE I4 with JBL/NAV, safety connect, leather, convenience package and blind spot monitor. I am thinking about getting the same car with JBL/NAV without blind spot monitor and safety connect. The Toyota website did let me customize one like that so I'm hoping that was the case. My opinion is that the most important number is your Out The Door price = ($27,300*local sales tax)+title fees(check with local DMV-should be approx $150). That should be it!