Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am looking at the exact equipment and a camry se like the one your bought but have not been able to get to the price you paid. can you let me know where this was purchased,etc to help.
  • jimdrewjimdrew Posts: 84
    I will do it...it is Palm Beach Toyota and I will send you the email address. BTW, I love the SEV6,,,what a car...I did like the 2011 I4 LE too but the SE is a whole different car....I just love driving it. Oh, BTW, the leather seat with the light colored center is also a step up...I didn't want black leather but with the light colored inserts it is terrific. This is one special car.

Jimmy Drew
  • failanfailan Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    Can you tell me how you were able to get it below invoice over $1500? I'm trying to buy a car that has options that you got. You can reply my message or send me some advice at my email. multicyde at hotmail.com Thanks.
  • nuke365nuke365 Posts: 2
    USAA car buying service quote and the fact that I chose the I4 vs. V6 option.

Here is a copy of it.

Toyota Scion of Poway USAA Savings Certificate Created on April 04, 2012

USAA Savings Certificate

This Certificate entitles you to a Minimum Savings of:
    $2,381 ( 10.24%) off an MSRP of $23,260
    on ANY In Stock
    2012 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan I4 Auto LE
    at Toyota Scion of Poway
    Your Estimated Price and Savings based on your selected preferences:
    Estimated USAA Price
    $20,879
    Estimated USAA Savings
    $2,381 off MSRP of $23,260

Important Information About Your Certificate

Availability
    Toyota Scion of Poway may not have a vehicle with your preferred options in stock. Its important that you contact your dealer representative to review your preferences so they can locate a vehicle that suits your needs.

Minimum Savings
    You are entitled to a minimum savings of $2,381 off MSRP on any in-stock 2012 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan I4 Auto LE style vehicle at Toyota Scion of Poway. The $2,381 savings off MSRP reflects a vehicle with no options and is your guaranteed minimum savings regardless of which colors or options you choose before additional Charges and/or fees. Your Actual Savings off MSRP may increase as you select different colors and more options. Default incentives assume a retail vehicle purchase. Toyota Scion of Poway will confirm incentive eligibility and compatibility with manufacturer lease and financing offers.

Preferred Options and Colors
    Your Estimated Price and Savings represents the price and savings for a vehicle based on your preferred options and colors. The price is strictly an example of what you can reasonably expect to pay for your vehicle as configured with your preferred options, and is not an advertised price by Toyota Scion of Poway. Because the options and colors you selected may not be available in your exact preferred configuration, your actual price may go up or down when your guarantee is applied to a differently equipped, qualified in-stock vehicle. Navigation and limited availability packages, as well as diesel or Hybrid engine styles may be priced differently.

Included Fees
    Your Estimated Price includes both the $760 destination fee (which is listed in the total MSRP for this vehicle) and the $381 regional advertising fee.

Excluded Fees
    The Estimated Price does not include dealer installed accessories, applicable tax, title, licensing and documentation fees, other state and governmental charges and/or fees, and any other charges and/or fee allowed by law.

Secure Your Savings
    You must be in contact with your dealer within 3 business days to receive your Minimum Savings. Please be aware that vehicle prices may increase or decrease based on future market conditions.

Your preferred options on your virtual 2012 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan I4 Auto LE

Preferred Colors
    EXTERIOR: Classic Silver Metallic
    INTERIOR: Ivory

Preferred Options
    50 STATE ULEV2 EMISSIONS (FE)
    IVORY, FABRIC SEAT TRIM (FD00)
  • failanfailan Posts: 2
    I was reading steve6206's message and he paid $24400 + ttl. On edmunds, with leather package, convienience package, navigation/Entune package and moon roof, plus floor mats it comes out $25970 for invoice. I got a quote that I can buy a car at $26500 + ttl with same options as steve6206. I think dealer will go down few hundred more but that's not even close to $24400.
  • gl45sgl45s Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying a 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE and would like to the deal here. Has anyone bought one recently in Rochester or Buffalo or other upstate areas? And the price before ttl? Thanks.
  • ronn13ronn13 Posts: 5
    Jim, where did you buy the car. I got following quote for 2012 Camry V6

Color : Attitude black
    Camry SE V6
    Convenience package
    Carpeted Floor Mats
    Display Audio with Navigation Entune and JBL
    Door still Enhancements
    Leather Package
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof

OTD = 30,400

I am from Detroit area, but 28,000 seems to be impossible here. If you provide me some tips, that would be awesome. Btw, how to apply Edmunds rebate ?
    I went in with the price and that was it....I got the silver metallic...with the leather package and moon roof package and display audio package and convenience package and mats and tinting (which makes a big difference in Florida) I used Palm Beach Toyota....the Edmunds Rebate is in a banner on the website just print it and send in your paper work when you buy. I have sent mine in but haven't received the rebate yet. BTW, I love the SEV6. The leather seats with the light suede inserts is terrific...I didn't want the black leather....

Jimmy Drew
  • Let me know how I did guys, I think I did well. Unfortunately some "fees" were in there, but, I am still happy with what I paid. I'm in the Raleigh, NC area.

I got the loaded up SE-V6 Camry, Silver Metallic with black leather and ash inserts, not full leather seats. I think that's the only thing this car doesn't have.

Sale price = $26,325.63
    Tax = $789.77
    Tag and title = $86.80
    Their "fees" = $548
    Total out the door = $27,750 and they threw in the all weather mats
  • ali28ali28 Posts: 7
    Is it for 4 cyl or 6 cly? what about nav package and convien pack?
  • It is a V6, and has both nav and convenience packs.
    I have the same thing..but yes, they are leather seats..the inserts are still leather suede..I love them...you beat me. I paid $28K out the door.....not bad though and I absolutely love the car..what a joy to drive. How do you feel about it.? I had a 2011 I4LE and it was a great car but not fun to drive..

Jimmy Drew
    Thanks Jim for your reply, here in Detroit it is very difficult to find that price. In motor city, car is not cheap. What a shame :(
  • Yeah Jimmy, I used your sale as a guideline. Funny that this whole Camry thing started Wednesday as I was attempting to deal on a used '09 Accord EX-L V6 via texting!!

I drove down the street because I was getting pissed that I was wasting time over $300, and decided to just give the Camry a quick look. I drove the 4 cyl and was like "ehhhh", but then drove the V6 and was like "wow".

I spent a total of an hour at Toyota (and wasted 6 at Honda and still didn't buy from them). Worked out some numbers with the Toyota guy but never shook, then Wednesday night emailed four other dealers in the area. I didn't reveal names, just numbers and what I was looking at, letting them know I will be buying Friday and asked "what can you do to earn my business".

Low and behold, the two "big names" were in competition and didn't know it. The "other guy" beat the deal by $9 and after I asked, threw in the mats. I gave the original guy my business though, because he was nothing like a typical car salesman.

I pick it up tomorrow and am psyched to drive it on a 400 mile trip the first day!

Anyone in NC, drop me an electronic mail at silv333 at G mail dot com and I will gladly share the dealer info.
    So you got it for $28000.00 OTD? I got mats and window tint and all the packages...I love the SEV6 it is a drivers car....not as subtle as the LE or EXL but you can feel the road and around corners it is very willing. I lov eit...and I think I got a good price.

Jimmy Drew
    Don't know if I got a good deal or not but I am very happy with the car. Like I said I have been driving the I4 LE for about 2 years and the SEV6 is just a different car. NO matter what, if you are a driver enthusiast you will love it...don't let a couple of $ sway you..this is a very special car...I love it. I just took the grand kids home about a 35 mile drive on I 95 and coming home it was very quiet on the road so I thought I would nudge it a bit...well, before I knew it...and any police officers close your ears or eyes...;-) was doing over 120 MPH and the car was not even breathing hard. It is one great car and one terrific engine..actually Ward rated it as one of the 10 best engines in the world.

Jimmy Drew
  • Got it for $27,750 OTD....the windows came tinted by S.E. Toyota, and got all weather mats and a cargo net thrown in.

Add in the Edmunds rebate, so that puts me at $27,000. Car rides like a dream!!
  • dpurwindpurwin Posts: 3
    MSRP was $24,425.
  • gnartgnart Posts: 36
    Congratulations!!!

Sadly, I blocked ads in my browser so I didn't see the rebate offer until after I bought my vehicle. After I learned about the offer, I allowed the ads and printed the coupon. I am going to submit it anywhere and hope.

Where did you buy your SE?

Gnart
    Just wondering, has any one in Detroit area have bought 2012 Camry SE V6 for less than $30,000. I have got quote from all top dealers in that area and no body is willing to go down below $30,000. I can see other users from different State were able to buy it for $28,000 or under. Whats going on Detroit, you suppose to be Motor City.

- Ron