Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jay999jay999 Posts: 7
    Haven't had any luck so far. Went by a dealer ship yesterday but we didn't have an agreement on the price
  • wcoastjoshwcoastjosh Posts: 1
    Just got a base XLE (no leather) for $21k at Manhattan Beach Toyota. Found it in a print ad in the LA Times (they had two at that price), they tried to get me to buy a bunch of overpriced add-ons, but otherwise, they were nice. They had Camry SE's for $19,999 at the end of March, still kicking myself for not jumping on that. I HIGHLY recommend checking the Friday LA Times print ads, between Manhattan Beach Toyota and DCH Toyota, I don't think you can get a better deal. They compete on loss leaders.
  • hanzo1hanzo1 Posts: 2
    Bought my 2012 Camry SE 4cy. in Magnetic Gray Metallic on Sunday here in Northern Ca., no options, standard SE features were plenty enough for me. I used the Costco Program and the dealership honored the price 21,889, otd 24,152 , taxes are 8.75 . They also honored the Toyota offer of 2.9 for 60 months but gave me 2.59 because " we like your credit score". I will mail off my Toyota rebate today and cross my fingers it comes.

The initial salesman was fine but the Finance guy was full of shananigans. He tried to switch the price, caught him on that. Then I caught one fee of 299, whats that? Thats a fee for the door code in case your doors get stolen" , caught that. I put the car on my existing insurance policy before I went to buy and got proof via the internet, so was able to give them proof of insurance and I did not buy a extended warranty. Cutting out all the ways a dealership can hook with fees that are profit for them seems the smart move.The Finance guy was mad with me because " all I wanted was the car". True that.
  • nflguynflguy Posts: 90
    I have narrowed my search to the 4 cylinder XLE with Convenience Package, Navigation(not premium), Leather upgrade with power and heat for front seats, floor mats and window tint.

The MSRP for this has been close to $30,000

The best quote so far has been $28,400 out the door from a dealer in the Dallas fort worth area.
  • wtdswtds Posts: 9
    Let us know if you find a better deal. I'm researching several models and an xle with those precise features is on my short list.

Also, to be clear, when you say "out the door" do you mean sales price or are you also including TTL? I assume the former but want to be sure.
    nflguy.. is this before TTL and also would you mind sharing the dealer info? please
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,971
    A reporter would like to speak to anyone between the age of 20 and 30 who needed financial help from a parent to buy a new car. If you fit this description – or if you are a parent who has helped a 20-something son or daughter buy a new car - and you’d like to share your story, please send your daytime contact information to PR@edmunds.com no later than 3 p.m. Pacific/6 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, May 3, 2012.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

That is after tax. It's the out the door price.I got this quote from two dealers. One is Rockwall Toyota (east of dallas) and the other at Grapevine Toyota.

I was ready to put a deposit down when it was pointed out to me (by a friend) that apparently there are two different leather options.

The Premium leather upgrade option is added by the distributor.

The Leather package added by the manufacturer includes leather trim for the doors and center console.

This car is for my wife so i need her to see the difference between the two types prior to sealing the deal.
    What kind of "out the door" prices have you been getting for an XLE with these features? Better then $28,400 out the door?
    So the dealers offering me $28,400 out the door have to get the car from other dealers or the distributor for this area. It could take a few weeks.

Another dealer emailed me tonight and said he just got a Camry that fits my needs but it doesn't have leather. He said he can add heated leather in tri color or solid color but the heat controls will be on the side of the seat instead of the console.

Anyone know if there is a major difference between factory leather for xle, leather added by the distributor, and leather added by dealer. Also, is it normal for heat controls on the xle to be on the side of the seat?
    Just starting looking and haven't gotten any firm quotes yet. I'm still trying to get an idea about pricing.

However, based on what I've seen a 4-cyl XLE with the convenience, moonroof, nav and leather for $26,700 pre-tax seems like a great price. That's a good bit lower than all the "pricing estimates" I've seen online.

I don't know enough about the difference in the leather packages to make a difference. I'd tend to think a factory installed leather package would be superior to a dealer installed, but I have no experience to back that up.
    I am pretty close to pulling the plug on an SE with Convenience package+ Moon roof + nav price is $24600 before TTL
    That also seems like a pretty good price. I would also be looking to add leather to a 4-cly SE with those features so that would bump it up closer to $26,000 pre-TTL. Which I still think is a good price.

Based on my research (again I haven't shopped for quotes) that seems like a pretty good price.
  • I got $27,750 OTD (and then the Edmunds rebate so $27,000) on a '12 SE-V6...posted my deal a few pages back. It's loaded with the convenience package, tinted windows, pretty much everything but all leather seats, it has the leather trimmed seats.
    which dealership?
    My credit Union approved me for a 5 yr loan up to $38,000 for 2.75% rate or 2.45% for 36 months. I'm gonna be financing $20,000 for the camry (will put money down so the loan is only 20k but want a 5 yr loan just incase im unable to pay it off early as planned.

My dealer is telling me they will give me a $500 rebate if I finance with them for 2.9%. Which according to the bankrate auto loan calculator on a 5yr loan for $20k would only cost me $1 dollar more per month then what my own bank will charge.

Does Toyota do anything shady with financing such as charging all the interest up front so your basically still paying all of the interest even if you pay the car off early? I'm trying to decide if my bank rate is close enough to the Toyota rate that it'd woprth going with Toyota financing for the $500 rebate.
  • bttrthngr8bttrthngr8 Posts: 7
    Congratulations!
    Can someone please explain to me what the Vehicle Shield Package is? Is that a bunch of cleaners the dealer gives you or is it something the dealer does to the car for you.

If im getting leather interior is it still needed?
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    Don't get the extras - all they do is pad the dealer's pocket. Buy the car and only pay for what is on the sticker from the Kentucky (or Indiana) factory. NO dealer add-ons, expecially "vehicle shield", rust proofing, scotch guard, extended warranty, etc.
    edited May 2012
    nflguy.. Toyota of Plano. I went ahead and bought the car
    Also 24,600 is before the 750 edmunds rebate. Got to send it in over the weekend.