Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nthbostonnthboston Posts: 3
    I am working with the following offer in Massachusetts for an LE with Automatic Seat and floormats:

MSRP $24,025

Selling Price $19,995
    Doc Fee $ 395
    Tax (6.25%) $ 1,249.69
    Title $ 100

Grand Total $21,739.69
  • menace24menace24 Posts: 3
    I just bought and was delivered a 2012 Camry SE for 20,500 with floor and trunk mats. plus tax and license. there have a couple more for sale Maita Toyota in Sacramento, CA excellent service and easy to deal with AMAZING!!!
  • coches1coches1 Posts: 104
    It is always interesting to see the price difference between the east and west coasts.
    Calling the dealers here in Southern CA. will give you a price about 21,500.
    I wonder if the dealers in the Northeast have already received "DEALER INCENTIVE $$" and passed some of it along to you.

Here in So CA. the Camry LE price is higher. 19,995 is the full page advertised price and the dealer will sell only one car at this amount

Still, what a great value when you step back and see a great car that has everything for 20k......good job

coches1
    WOW! So far 21,500k here in So. ca only obtains a LE. You have the sunroof and still paid 20,500. seems like a good deal but who really knows what the dealer pays.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,704

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• gkartikgkartik Posts: 2
    Thank you kyfdx. I found in google too.
  • manchurianmanchurian Posts: 20
    Its a good deal. Very rare to find a Camry XLE with convenience and leather package only. Most of the time, leather & convenience package comes with navigation. I have been looking for Toyota installed leather (LA) with Convenience package (CQ). All Toyota dealers in Houston are saying its a special order which may take up to 6 months. Not sure whether its true.
  • Do you mind to share which dealership are you buying the car from? I am in MA and want to buy a LE too. Thanks.
    Mazda6dude

Your message says you know of a Toyota dealer providing "The best deal anywhere in CA". What dealer in OC is it?

Thanks from all of us.
  • cmstea00cmstea00 Posts: 2
    i'm in the Western KY / Southern IN region looking for a 2012 SE V6 with Leather + Convenience packages. Local MSRP is $31,405. Edmunds shows Invoice at $27,794. TMV is $28,216. I qualify for the college grad $1,000 rebate. I have a trade in which KBB values at approximately $3,500. Was thinking of offering 24k OTD. Does this sound reasonable?
  • djm2djm2 Posts: 705
    Hi cmstea00:

You should be able to purchase the Camry for about 10% off MSRP! ----- At the end of a model year, I have seen advertised deals as low as 15% of MSRP! Remember, when you negotiate you are dealing with three separate deals. The selling price of the new vehicle, ---- the value of the trade, and the cost of the Toyota extended warranty. (YES, the selling price of the extended warranty is negotiable! I always put a "top of the line" manufacturer's extended warranty on my vehicles for the maximum number of years, and the maximum mileage! WITH A 100,000 MILE WARRANTY I AM DRIVING ON THEIR DIME!) You should negotiate each ITEM separately! Dealers like to dump everything into one pot!
    Best regards. ---------- Dwayne :shades: ;) :)
  • cmstea00cmstea00 Posts: 2
    Thanks Dwayne. I'm looking to pay substantially less than 15% off of MSRP after factoring in trade in value and the cost of TTL. Assuming the MSRP is 31.4k, i'm looking at 33% off MSRP.

At 15% off MSRP the purchase price would be 28, 260. Less 3500 for trade in and 1000 for the grad bonus i'm right back to $23,750 or so, which was what I had planned on offering.

Does this sound right?
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Posts: 283
    Toyota of Orange in SoCal has good prices, but I would have to take the "The Best Deal Anywhere in CA" claim back as Maita Toyota in Northern CA is selling Camry's for cheaper as of right now. Thanks.
    Dwayne,

I am hopeful a forum member is a current sales person to tell
    us the advantage in negotiating MSRP vs. INVOICE. Actually,
    maybe best strategy is to request a net price for the vehicle.
    For example, Camry LE with driver power seats and mats.

In this manner we have illimminated MSRP and INVOICE and
    go directly to the cash price of the vehicle. This is easy and directly
    to the point. The MSRP and INVOICE are meaningless.

I believe the best way to handle the trade is after you agree on the
    purchase price. It keeps things clean and seperate.

WIth regards to extended warranty, why not keep the $1,000.00
    in your pocket, change the oil every 5k and gamble on the quality
    of the product.

Thank you Dwayne for bringing this to the table. I am sure we
    will hear some war stories from a car salesperson.

coches1
    mazda6dude,

Thank you for your response about MAITE TOYOTA and
    TOYOTA of ORANGE. I called Maite and received a quote
    much less than So. Ca. dealers. The salesperson gave
    me a quote immediately. Your response give me confidence
    about the reliability of selling at this price.

thanks
    coches1
  • rhizzleboprhizzlebop Posts: 12
    I am working on a deal for a Hybrid Camry XLE.
    MSRP is 35,360+dealer fees+tag, +title+ sales tax ($300 fixed)

I'm being quoted right now a best of 32,590 Tax, Tag, Title, Done OTD, but with the wrong color leather interior.

Another dealer who is closer is quoting me 33,200 Tax tag title OTD (32,000+700 dealer fee +190 tag +300 in sales tax. He is quoting the exact car I want, and is getting a fresh redirected one in next month.

I believe the 32590 OTD is a good deal. I want a specific exterior color as well and there are VERY few of them out there it seems.

I'm hoping to get the other deal down to around 32,200 +tax (300) and then I think I've scored a great deal.

Agree? or no?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,420
    I know this is a prices paid forum, but how come you are going with the XLE Hybrid as opposed to a 4 cyl XLE? What on god's green earth is the $700 dealer fee? Extra profit?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• rhizzleboprhizzlebop Posts: 12
    My caclulations say the Hybrid value payback is well in the good range.

As for the 700. It IS just profit. I mention it just to be clear, but my concern is truely in OTD price. I dont care if they reduce he car another 700 and add the 700 fee as long as the OTD is good.

I think I should be able to get about 32,200 OTD +my state sales tax (32,500).

Invoice on this car is around 33,100.

To me that sounds like cost to the dealer should be about 31,900. (about 1200 under invoice).
    If they bring this one straight in and sell it to be they get the entire holdback (about $950).
    So, selling it to be at 32,200 should mean they still made about 1200 bucks (31900-950=cost of 30950 +180 tag fee , sell for 32200=profit to the dealer of `$1000.

That to me sounds like a pretty good deal if I can get it there. Or are my "cost" estimates way off?
  • ocbmwocbmw Posts: 31
    edited June 2012
    I am curious how over time gas cost would make up for Hybrid premium. care to share your numbers?
    We own BMW, Camry and Accord. Nothing is compared to BMW driving experience, If I were willing to pay 33K for a car, that would not be definitely a Camry.
    BTW, I think dealers make much more than that. I got my 2012 Camry for $2000 below invoice (plus TTL) and dealer still makes money. I am really curious to know how much dealers pay Toyota.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Posts: 283
    Anytime! Glad to be of help! Its a great car!