Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• eenglish99eenglish99 Posts: 19
    I also live in Mass and am shopping around for an XLE. My last car I used truecar.com. They will give you a price from 3 dealers in your general area. You may need to drive a bit to buy and get service from a local dealer. The price includes Delivery but not the Documentation fee. What's great is that this is the actual price with no dickering. My last car was below invoice.
    My best price for a 4 CYL XLE, cloth seats with no extras except mats and wheel locks was $23,438 including Destination but not doc fee or sales tax, which is below invoice.
    I would highly recommend this no hastle way to shop.
  • Wow, you got a great deal. What was the price they started with and was it a struggle to get this price of 25K ?
  • habhavsarhabhavsar Posts: 12
    Wow that's a great deal. What is the name of the dealer and who was the sales person? How much was their gap insurance if you financed? Thx
  • jbay07jbay07 Posts: 2
    I was quoted the following for a new Camry:

Retail value: $27,585

Moon roof, convenience package, driver power seat, floor mats, and navigation

after negotiations adjusted price $25,400 plus ttl

then I was offered their paint protection plan and tire and rim protection for $994

total otd price is 28,400

Is this a good price?
  • jbay07jbay07 Posts: 2
    Did you have a trade in?
  • cpl2usacpl2usa Posts: 18
    no. i don't have any trade in. I have paid $25000 + 7% NJ tax + title.
    Team toyota, Longhorne, PA. I did not take any gap insurance etc.
    edited July 2012
    I got internet quotes in June from different NJ dealers and couple of PA dealers close to Princeton. The best quote i got from internet is $25500 + doc fee. Because there is no cap on doc fee in NJ, dealers are asking $300 to $400 doc fee. I thought $400 doc fee is insane. In, PA max doc fee that dealers can charge is $125 (state law). I drove to couple of dealers in NJ and got best in-person quote of $25000+ $400 doc fee. Then, I went to this dealer in PA and told him that if he beats the price of $25000, i will buy the car. He agreed for $25000.
  • jimjamjimmyjimjamjimmy Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    Hi All,

Once again thanks to all the people who replied to my earlier post last week. I really appreciate all the help and advice. Just wanted to see how I did on my purchase running it by you guys/gals.

So after:

-exhaustive research
    -going to many dealerships in my area
    -calling a dozen dealership
    -going through internet sales
    -asking the advice of everyone I knew
    -asking the advice of the kind people on this forum,

I went through and made a purchase on what I think is a decent deal. I think I may have gotten a better deal than my friend, who referred me to the dealership he got his car at.

So I got a Camry SE this week 21,450 + TTL. They threw in power seats and the floor and trunk mats.

The car came standard with panel display infotainment system, Blue Tooth/AUX/USB, Alloy wheels, fog lights, key less entry w/ security system, quasi - stick shift drive. (Not sure if I missed anything that comes standard but if you look up the specs it states the above and anything I may have missed.)

I opted not to get the moon roof, navi, key less start up, because I was on a budget and those were options I could live without.

So did I get a good/decent deal on this purchase?
  • ezericsezerics Posts: 17
    Im considering a similar car.

Was this a V6 or a 4 cyl? Includes backup camera? How did u get the 1.9 apr and what was the term? was that a dealer or manufacturer financing incentive?

tks
  • ezericsezerics Posts: 17
    i hope this isnt an ignorant question, but why would you get gap insurance if you are financing?
    i thought gap insurance was only for leases for the reason that you are only leasing it and don't technically own it.
    Can somebody explain?
    tks
  • jimjamjimmyjimjamjimmy Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    Not an ignorant question at all. You have to learn somewhere.

Gap insurance covers the difference between what the car is worth and what you owe on the car.

From my understanding it is designed, such that if the car you're financing or leasing gets stolen or totaled the remaining balance would be paid (after your deductible and what your insurance would pay for your claim).
  • jimdrewjimdrew Posts: 84
    I got the 2012 SEV6 WITH ALL THE PACKAGES
    28K out the door. Love it.
    it is 4cyl. I got 1.9% APR for 60 months from Toyota financial. check this.
    http://www.buyatoyota.com/Specials/dealer/specialOffers.aspx?dealer_code=37067

Backup camera is part of Convenience Package.
  • vkmavkma Posts: 16
    Trying to read through multiple posts for Edmunds $750 rebates..Can not figure how to get to the link or the form and how one becomes eligible.

Need to buy Camry LE in a week..A quick response is appreciated.

If can not be shared here, let me know, I will provide an e-mail.

Thanks.
  • coches1coches1 Posts: 104
    what part of the country do you live?
  • kzn1kzn1 Posts: 2
    Is it still available?
    How about NJ?
    dont know about NJ We are in California. I believe the
    edmunds promotion has expired
  • vkmavkma Posts: 16
    Coaches,
    I am in Massachusetts. Is the 750 edmunds rebate still available?

On another note,
    20.650 is the deal I am getting for LE. Is it good?

Thanks for your help.
    I do not know about the Edmunds rebate in MA.

In california dealers are quoting 20k for a LE with Power driver seat and mats.
    It is important to compare the exact model and options. Call a few dealers and demand to know their best price before fees, BEFORE BEFORE you tell them your
    price.

Always ask for the internet/fleet sales manager to quote you a price. Their is always a hungry dealer and we dont know what MANUFACTURER TO DEALER REBATES they receive.

Good luck and share the price with myself and the other members

coches1