Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• zonecarzonecar Posts: 17
    edited October 2012
    Hello coches1,

Did some research and decide to list here for reference

Advantage for 2012 Camry SE base (MSRP24680): 6 speakers (4 on accord), extra airbag on leg area, better Sport fabric SofTex seats

Advantage for 2013 Accord Sport (MSRP24980): Rearview camera, DUAL ZONE AC control (standard on all accord), 10 way power driver seats, dual exhaust pipe design, better engine hp and MPG.

I am on the fence now, so guess I would wait for a couple month and see if the Accord price would drop. A car is for to keep 5~6 years so the decision is important.
  • coches1coches1 Posts: 104
    Great research ZONECAR

Let me share a few thoughts regarding my preference for the LE vs. SE. The principal reason for the SE is the relative small increase of about 700$. Included in the upgrade is, alloy wheels, sport seats, 17" tires, upgraded suspension,fog lamps, paddle shifters, heated side mirrors, and a few other exterior features.

Bigger size tires (17") cost more to replace, alloy wheels are great but LE wheels do the job. The sport seats are a great plus, but fabric does not retain as much heat and cold.

When do you really need to use paddle shifters? Sport suspension is great if you live in open road country. It also is a rougher ride. Are fog lamps really going to make a difference on So. Ca freeways. Heated side mirrors- something that will
    not work after 36k miles.

I keep cars for 10 years and do more homework when the time arrives to buy. We should share info ld752 and i am at yahoo. Please share your thoughts and prove me wrong.

Toyota is having a monster year but the Accord, Malibu, Altima will make things interesting as we head for home in 2012.

Great sharing information and may the best person help the other in our
    drive (n.p.i) for the lowest price in the So. Ca. toyota market.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    You said, "Heated side mirrors- something that will
    not work after 36k miles."

Not true. Do research on toyotanation.com, no problems.
    The heated side mirrors are a potential expense if they are not working after the
    warranty expires. Something to think about when comparing the LE and SE.

Which site do you think is more helpful, edmunds or toyotanation.

Edmunds seems better organized.

thanks
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    True, but I sure don't see many (if any) reports of heated mirrors not working, even long after the warranty is up. And if they don't - so what. They still function like the old mirrors without the heat.

Edmunds has its good points, but tn is more in-depth on Toyota, more knowledgeable people, so for me is much better. Also, Edmunds has so many Toyota haters that seem to live their lives mostly to bash Toyota and that gets old. I feel sorry for them, in a way, but I hate hanging around negativity

Back to topic, heated mirrors are not at all necessary for me, as they only push the price of the car up, but it is getting harder and harder to get a basic car without all the frills. You can't get a base 6 speed manual Camry anymore, only an automatic loaded with a lot of $$ stuff that I don't need.
    But that's the direction all cars are going.
  • Still looking at 2012 LE (or possibly base SE). Not sure if want to pay for power driver seat...
    Question about rebates - my son qualifies for the 1K college rebate which requires financing.
    Does the 0 or 0.9% financing offer then exclude use of any other rebate? Basically if there is a $500 rebate offer later this year then can it be used in addition to the special finance rate with the college rebate?
    I don't recall how it worked in the past.
    Any insight appreciated.
  • Purchased a Cypress Pearl 2012 LE on 9/29 for 20700. Got 0 % financing for 36 months. (Of course TTL and doc fees extra but I don't believe in comparing OTD prices because they vary state to state).

First time a dealership actually let me walk after negotiations. They wouldnt offer a cent below 21000. Went to another with 20500, they too were willing to let me walk. 20,700 - take it or leave it.

Very satisfied with the car. Didnt want or need the frills of an XLE and wife (this is her car) does not like the firmer ride of an SE

Toyota is having a good year I guess.
  • Forgot to mention - the only added options are a power driver's seat and some kind of "appearance package" that the car came with - door edge guards etc that pushed the sticker MSRP to 24665.
    Good day Racer,

100% AGREEMENT REGARDING OTD PRICING!!!!!

It is difficult to obtain the true price of the car. When using cash price we all
    can compare their price with ours. The other part of the deal is buying the car with their 0% financing

We had the same experience in So. CA. where the manager let us walk. The interesting part of the story is that we found another dealer 1000$ less.

You are right about the ride in the SE. A much firmer ride and you can feel every bump in the road.

Your right. Toyota is having a great year and does not need to offer much.

I challenge you to find better car value than 20k for your LE.

Let me know if you see the rebate from toyota or Edmunds.

thanks

coches1
    Mr. VE

Most LE models have the power seat and mats included in the MSRP.

Go to the official Toyota website. I do not think you combine the college rebate
    with others.

However, i think the Edmund rebate can be combined with others.
  • Does anyone know what a good price for the 2012 Camry SE Limted Edition is? I'm talking before taxes, tags etc, no incentives included. Strictly the price of the car.
  • vkmavkma Posts: 16
    As mentioned about a month ago..I got Camry LE in MA for 19.6K + Tax etc. with the power seat - FYI
  • What color would look best for the 2012 camry SE? Also, between the toyota camry 2012 SE and Honda accord 2012 SE,which one would you prefer and why? Im still holding my purchase until the last 2 weeks of december to get the best deal possible.
  • voicemailkingvoicemailking Posts: 78
    edited October 2012
    Black looks great on the SE
  • rhungrhung Posts: 5
    Hi coches1,

Could you share a link/img to the LA times Orange County car classified? I'm looking into purchasing a LE as well.

Also, does anyone know if incentives stack? For example, the $1000 college grad discount and the 0% financing?

Thanks.
  • seolbroseolbro Posts: 19
    The SE does look good in black, but you have to keep it clean. It's true that every car looks best when clean, but black is binary: it looks great or it looks filthy.

White is excellent at hiding dirt, but white is not for everyone. If you get the SE in white have the windows tinted for contrast.

Red looks good if you don't mind the attention. Silver is safe and timeless. Gray is good if you want be be stealthy.
    Go to LA Times car dealers classified section. Click on the OC dealers. You will see it.

good luck
    edited October 2012
    It's not there - I see an ad from Power Toyota. Does anybody have a saved screenshot? Is the 19500 price on the LE after college grad incentive?

Thanks for your help coches1. Appreciate it.
    Vouch for Robert Householder @ Toyota of Orange. Made an appointment and in and out with a new Camry within 2 hours. No negotiation whatsoever. He honored the ad price of $19995 for LE w/ power seats. Additional $1000 college grad discount made the OTD price just under 21K.
    Congratulations rhung!!!!!

What a great success story. This is a great value for a 2012 LE. When I called
    he gave me the same price of 20K. The great news is the price on the phone is the amount you pay when you are at the dealership.

Many forum members have complained about other dealers promising one amount and changing it when you are physically at the dealership. Another interesting characteristic is Longo-the biggest Toyota Dealer is not even close to 20K for a LE.

It is refreshing to hear about the fleet manager Robert at Orange Toyota delivering what he promises.

I am waiting for the Rebate from Toyota or Edmunds. Lets see what happens.

Whats your first name rhung. When I buy my LE we can tell him the edmunds forum helped direct a sale to his dealership.

Good Work

coches1