Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• coches1coches1 Posts: 104
    edited November 2012
    Hello Misterve (mr.)

RE:Jason S. @ Vallejo Toyota

Hello Everyone

I talked to Jason S. at Vallejo Toyota and obtained a price $2,000.00 MORE THAN
    OTHER DEALERS IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!!!

He wants $21,500.00 for a 2012 Camry LE with drivers power seat and mats.
    This is the price before the $1,000 rebate. Net price of $20,500 plus fees.

Jon T. is the fleet manager of Elk Grove Toyota and offered the LE with PD and mats for
    $20,439 less the $1,000 rebate for a net price of $19,439 plus fees. He also is very informative
    about the car buying process.

The winner of the lowest price still seems to be from The fleet and internet staff at Toyota of Orange led be Robert H. A 2012 Camry LE is 20k plus fees. It seems probable the 1k camry
    will be in So. Ca. very soon.

As for Jason S. and Vallejo Toyota it seems they need to follow the No. Ca. Toy. Dealers advertising phrase:
    DO THE MATH!!!!!

Thank you members for sharing your car buying experiences.

coches1
  • I definitely agree Robert gives the best price. I just picked up a Camry SE with power seats, floor mats for 20,995. I qualified for the grad rebate and 0%.

However, the salesman, Frank, tried to tell me that they would not be able to give me 0% for the advertised car even though my credit score was 817. Frank tried to get me to sign the contract for 4% -- [non-permissible content removed]! I said, hell no! I"m walking and going to wait for Robert to come back. After I called his bluff, he finally gave me the 0% and $1,000 for college grad. So far so good, however, I suckered into buying their piece of [non-permissible content removed] alarm (after I came home and did some research) for $399. Is there anyway for me to get that money back?

Trying to tell myself that at least it is lifetime. Any advice? What should I do? Thanks everyone!
  • I definitely agree Robert gives the best price. I just picked up a Camry SE with power seats, floor mats for 20,995. I qualified for the grad rebate and 0%.

However, the salesman, Frank, tried to tell me that they would not be able to give me 0% for the advertised car even though my credit score was awesome!. Frank tried to get me to sign the contract for 4% -- [non-permissible content removed]! I said, hell no! I"m walking and going to wait for Robert to come back. After I called his bluff, he finally gave me the 0% and $1,000 for college grad. So far so good, however, I suckered into buying their piece of [non-permissible content removed] alarm (after I came home and did some research) for $399. Is there anyway for me to get that money back?

Aside for Robert, everyone else is horrible!

Trying to tell myself that at least it is lifetime. Any advice? What should I do? Thanks everyone!

Caution, Do not buy anything while signing papers. I lesson learned for the rest of my life.
  • RE: Jason and Vallejo Toyota...Sorry to hear that it didn't work out better. I may have gotten lucky but I had gotten quotes for both LE and SE models that were less than you had been quoted. I agree that I would take my business elsewhere too.
    The Orange Toyota does sound great if you live in So Cal. I had checked the SACRA dealers but some online reviews, etc made me think twice so I went more local.
    Hi Mr. ve

Don't be sorry about Jason @ Vallejo Toyota. The forum is about sharing all
    the experiences of buying the car. Talk is cheap, especially phone quotes
    from car salespersons.

You stated you found quotes lower than what I found. Please share the lowest
    price for a 2012 Camry LE with power driver seat and floor mats. It is best if you
    provide the purchase price without rebate and fees to compare. Also, let us know
    the dealers where you obtained the price.

What website are you reading negative reviews about Sacramento Toyota Dealers? I am not a big fan of yelp if that is the website you are using.

What local dealers are you referring to?

Thanks for sharing your car buying experience.

coches1
  • coches1,
    The "lower quotes" was referencing your quote from Vallejo, not Orange or Elk Grove quotes.
    For the Silver Camry SE (Mats only) I paid $20,988 BEFORE rebates and tax/lic/doc fee. FYI - Most SE models out there had PD or NAV included, which I didn't want. Plus the Silver color was important.
    The Camry LE with PD and Mats offer was also $20,988 at Vallejo which was not that special of a price...
    I had contacted Toyota dealerships for Dublin, Walnut Creek, Fremont, Hayward, Vallejo, 3 from SACRA area (Elk Grove, Maita & another) and Orange. Orange had best quotes but location eliminated it. Elk Grove quoted an Ad Car which I am leery of (plus I had a bad feeling about Linda D. who I was dealing with there).
    Anyway, good luck in your quest for the best car and price.
  • Signed the papers yesterday for Camry SE + Power drive + Mats for $21,144 and 0% apr for 60 months. Tried my best but could not get the price any lower than what i paid. Btw.. my deal was at Elgin,IL.
  • bednakaya,
    I would have taken that deal too for the SE with PD and Mats.
    For only about $150 more than I paid you got the Power Driver seats.
  • I received an offer from a SoCal dealer for a Camry SE I4 with navi, power seat, and carpet mat set for $21,810. Wondering if this is a good deal or if I could get it better by calling Robert from Orange.
    edited November 2012
    Congratulations!!!!!! bendakaya

Its seems 21K for a 2012 SE with PD and mats is a good deal anywhere in the US and 20K with PD and mats is good for a 2012 LE.

$21,144 is the cash price without fees, right?

You could have obtained a local rebate but i am not familiar with Illinois
    Toyota promotions. Northern Ca. has one for 1k and So ca. should have one
    in December.
    Hello realtek

Ask yourself if you need to pay Toyota's inflated price for a Navigation system
    when a app for your cell phone cost hundreds less. Another solution is to buy one
    for under 100$ and keep it in the trunk.

That being said, of course you should call Robert H. at Toyota of Orange. Remember
    to always request a price from the seller first instead of you providing him a price to match. Not sure about the price for the SE. Orange should sell a LE for 20K.

good luck and please share the results with the forum.

coches1
  • leoluleolu Posts: 4
    Congrats!
    One question here, any college grad or military rebate used to get $21,144?
    I could not get a price close to this. Even with 1000 college rebate, the best I can get is 21,6xx. btw I'm in NY.
  • yes..$21,144 is the cash price without fees. Even I wanted $21k but none of the dealers were reducing it below $21,450 except the one I purchased from.
    I didn't know that Toyota runs local rebates but I'm sure we don't have any right now in Illinois. The only rebates available now are $1000 graduate rebate and $500 military rebate and none of them applies to me.
  • $21,144 was without any rebates and it was for Camry 2012 SE + power drive + mats. I'm not eligible for any of the current rebates.
    The price you were quoted is very high if it is for the same car(and features) as mine.
    The rebates are directly from Toyota. So your dealer quote (without any rebates ) should be at least less than $21,500.
    I made the bargaining only through emails. I emailed 7-8 dealers about the car I wanted and only 1 dealer was willing to work out the deal. I went to the dealership only after they agreed to $21,144 in the email. If you are not in any hurry email 2 or 3 good dealers in your area and wait for the right price.
  • leoluleolu Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info.
    Your deal surprised me. Then I got curious and looked up the same model as yours on truecar, just changing the locations made a 1k difference. In chicago, IL, it is 216XX; In NY, it is 227XX. Maybe I should look for a better place to live.
  • xhmxhm Posts: 1
    Congrats Bendakaya. Can I ask is $21,144 OTD price or has to be plus plus and plus? Thanks!
  • Hi.. I was given a quote of 25,777 for Toyota Camry XLE. It is a OTD price. I was given a quote of 23,526 for SE LMT trim. Should I go for it? please give your opinions
  • $21,144 is invoice price. OTD price was $23,249
  • Hi.. I am unable to edit my previous post.. I put in the wrong numbers. For XLE the OTD is 29,277. The base price is 27,420. For SE the quote for OTD is 28,796 with base price at 25,296. I feel it is pricy and not a good deal. Please give your opinion...
  • Hi all! after a long wait, I finally made a move today after Thanksgiving sale. Here is the breakdown:
    CAMRY LE w/ pow. seat and moonroof
    MSRP 24,750.00
    +TT&L and processing.
    OTD 21,500
    Wife wanted 21k even out the door but they won't do it. I thought this was a good deal.
    Toyota dealers have so many remaining 2012s. Hopefully, you guys could do even better. Share your experience. :)