Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• japudejapude Posts: 8
    We got base Camry model for $19,600 OTD including all fees and taxes on 7/8/2013. Also included in price were mats and ToyoGuard (complete waste of money according to me. but it was included in the price)..

I think it's a good deal. Better than TreuCar price. Such good deal are still available in ATL area as of now.
  • I agree it felt like I could have done better and their fees are very annoying.

Sounds like our prices OTD are about $2,500 apart. Just so I can compare apples to apples, why would the LE in your situation be only $1,000 more than the L that you actually purchased? The LE I purchased has leather seats, electric driver seat 8-way adjustable, seat warmers, is automatic (with no other options as far as I know). Was the LE you were looking similar or did it have cloth seats and less options. Just want to know if they really gave me a bad deal or if perhaps the car I bought has more options? Thank you for sharing your info
  • rman66rman66 Posts: 21
    I have seen several ads in Craigslist for $4000 off MSRP on Camry LEs at a local dealer in Seattle.
    Check CL for local deals like this. I think $5K off would be achievable in this model year change.
  • rman66rman66 Posts: 21
    edited August 2013
    It boggles my mind that many posters here simply dont get this. No one cares about OTD.. except maybe your neighbor who is also looking for the identical vehicle. If you really want to help us (and we are the thousands of buyers across the nation), dont forget to include MSRP, Invoice (if possible) and the price the dealer quoted you, and if possible the name of the dealer. Forget about tax or how much you got for your trade in, we dont give a rats rear end about that and its a waste of our brain power processing that junk information.
  • wuyilwuyil Posts: 9
    Did you count on the $1000 rebate?
  • I got several offers for an 2013 XLE with leather and convenience packages (out the door price is around $25,500). Is that a reasonable price? The dealers told me that if I took the price, I cannot get the toyota 0ARP financing rate. Otherwise, $2,000 will be added back. Is that true?

Thanks.
  • A fair point- but I still find OTD relevant. Aside from trade value which I agree would clearly be irrelevant, OTD represents the car price plus all taxes and fees. Its a quick way to have a base of comparison without having to analyze what portion of the amount you pay for the car constitutes fees and what portion is negotiated price off of the MSRP (recognizing that each state has a different tax rate- so I concede its not perfect way to compare).

The dealers work so hard to confuse people by calling a portion of the price a "fee" that you need to lump it all together (price + fees + taxes) and then factor what model/package to have an "apples to apples" or meaningful comparison. A dealer can give you a low price and jack up the fees, or vice versa. They also play around with discounts, interest rates, and cash back etc. to confuse consumers with multiple factors to weigh, all during the emotional and annoying give and take of a sale negotiation. Compounding the difficulty is the myriad of packages and options that are available on a given car- each with its own price. Ugh.
  • Dear MD-VA contributors,
    I would appreciate feedback on recent prices paid (OTD excluding taxes) for 2013 Camry LE vehicles. I am interested in a base vehicle with Toyota security (no other accessories) but will appreciate all info on recent purchases.
    Thanks
    SJ
  • gnartgnart Posts: 36
    @abhijeet00 OTD price paid is one thing. To get there achieving the savings is a process, an art by itself. I helped a poster here from PA. He traveled from PA to Rockville MD to buy. Saved $2k when compared to what he could get from PA dealers. PM me to discuss further.... on how to wheel and deal the dealers....
  • @gnart - Thanks for the prompt response. I have the discussion going with 4-5 dealers. Of these I had someone from Bill Page and someone from Alexandria Toyota offer me prices. Both prices range between 20,500 - 21,000 OTD. I think I can do better.

Forgive my ignorance but if you clarify what you mean by PM, I could send you the information you suggest.
  • We don't have a private message function in our forums.

If we can keep the discussion here, all members benefit from the information.

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I am in South Florida, I am looking to buy a new 2013 Camry SE 4cyl, Dealer is including floor mats, tint, and 3 years of maintenance. I am trading my 2012 Corolla S which I do have negative equity on.
    Msrp 262488 Sale price 22469 and offering me trade 14400. Either 60 @ 0% or 72 @ 1.9%.

No floor mats, tint, extra maintenance.
    Other dealer Msrp 24700 Discount 3382 Sale price 21318 trade 13500 (Payoff is 18425) Total 27765 Either 60 @ 0% or 72 @ 1.9%.

I feel as I can do better can someone help me with input thanks!
  • Hi

I got quote for camry SE ,2013 4 cyl, MO state... with fully loaded like conv,nag,blind spot etc.

MSRP: 29,804$ (includes dest)
    Offered: $25,223 (plus taxes)

Is it a good deal ?
  • Depending on where you're at, you should only have to add back in $500 and here's why (here in Arkansas):
    -$1500 cash allowance
    OR
    -$1000 camry subvention cash + 0% APR for 60 months

So if you they offered $25,500, just add in $500 because you still qualify for the $1000 subvention cash.

I've had a dealer say to me what you just posted over an email and then in a totally different email say that I just add in $500 back ... I made him itemize the exact discounts so that I understood which discounts I was getting.
  • Here in Arkansas I was quoted $23,985 (MSRP $28,243) with 0% for 60 mos. Payments $399/mo
    Looks like you can get them to shave off at least $2000. I'm still thinking they can get mine lower too :/
  • rvsk1rvsk1 Posts: 9
    Looks like good price, can you pl share the dealership, city, state and any additional packages included.
  • newbi2newbi2 Posts: 3
    Could you let me know which Toyota dealer in MD you bought your Camry from? I also need a Camry LE asap.

Thanks for your help!
  • wuyilwuyil Posts: 9
    355 toyota in Rockville, MD is a good one.
  • newbi2newbi2 Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    Thank you! I got E-price $20,821.00 including $750 incentive for 0% interest rate plus taxes, tags and $200 processing charge from this dealer. Is this a good price?
  • gnartgnart Posts: 36
    Wuyuil named the dealer. It's 355 Toyota in MD. They are part of Darcars group but other Darcars Toyota dealers can't beat their price. I bought from them because of their service, just great and straight forward service. What to do? (a) visit 355 website (and others) to see what they have (in stock and coming in), (b) pick your vehicle, (c) email (use fake name) and ask for an OTD quote, (d) visit other dealers to look at your future vehicle. After a few days, you will get a coupon for a few hundreds dollars off offer, tyring to get you in. You may even encounter a\the coupon when you visit the site. Check back and look for the highest value (for me it's $500.00). Finally, go to the dealer to look at the vehicle. If salesman approaches, tell him that you have a saleman already so you can look without being bothered. When you are ready to buy, go to the front desk and ask for the GM. Tell him the professor send you.... he will get you a salesman. Apply Toyota rebate and ask them to honor the coupon after the lowest price. Negotiate the extended warrantly. They took a loss on mine. The finance got had to call the GM at home to get approval (lol). If they offer the service contract get it. I got it on my 2001 and they still change oil, etc... 5 times a year for free, yeah it paid for itself and some. Let me know anything else you need.
    Gnart, The professor
    nguyentd@pgcc.edu