Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• eric815eric815 Member Posts: 1
    You have the SE V6 with GPS Nav? I went to a dealer in NJ and he said I couldnet get the NAV in the SE V6. Only in the XLE or the SE. That made no sense to me. He said the option is in the toyota flyer, but the do not ship any with them. Does this explain the 13 weeks it took for you to get the car? Was the car built in Japan or USA?

How much did you pay and were there any other added options?
    Thanks!
  • aznmaskaznmask Member Posts: 21
    mokiavelli thank for your reply..

i saw the big word Camry in both floormat, and trunks. So i think i got the carpet/trunk mat. i think i have to get my car back to have the auto starter fix.

Anyway anyone got the "Touch of Glass" apply to the car's interior and Exterior for protection.
  • thetxstangthetxstang Member Posts: 28
    I originally wanted an SE V6 w/NAV, and my dealer told me the same thing (I ended up with an XLE V6). That said, I believe a number of people that posted within this thread were able to land an SE V6 with NAV. Chime in if you do! :)
  • thetxstangthetxstang Member Posts: 28
    I may be incorrect, but the "Touch of Glass" option you cite sounds very much like a dealer-specific option, not at all like a Toyota factory or port option. I've never heard of such a thing.

Could you elaborate on what the "Touch of Glass" option consisted of? :)
  • blindmantooblindmantoo Member Posts: 139
    Go to post 4129 in the 2007+ thread. From what I've been told, they don't run the SE line w/ NAV very often. You have to get a dealer to get one "preferenced" for you. I worked out my deal and gave them $500. They had to fax a copy of the order and check to get the vehicle on their allocation list. It was a long and painful wait, but worth it. If you do it, get the XM (or Sirius) also. We love the vehicle - actually my preference would have been to get the SE w/o the "ground effects". That's impossible tho. It's fast, quiet, handles well, and the stereo kicks butt! Only recommend it w/ the V6.
  • zippy786zippy786 Member Posts: 22
    Hi,

I am out looking for a V4 LE w/ leather and the quotes I am getting from my nearby dealer appear to be a bit high to me. I see that people are getting SEs for 21,600. Why are they giving me such a high price? Pls. see below a couple of quotes i have received...

The MSRP for the 2007 Toyota Camry is $22,642.00
    Your Internet discount price is $22,498.26 Plus TTL.(including discounts, rebates and coupons).

Year+Make - 2007 Toyota
    Model - 2532 Camry Le
    Color - White
    Stock # - 42273
    MSRP - $21135.00
    *e-Price - *$20635.00

Is this a good deal? How much should I really offer them? Pls advise... Has anyone else got a deal similar to this... Does anyone know the actual cost to dealer?

confused..
    zippy
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Is this a good deal?

Who knows??

There are no V4's and no LE's with factory leather.

A stripped auto LE with the MSRP of $21,080.00 is $19,710 (internet price) at fitzmall.com which is $400 over dealer invoice.
    yeah.. i called fitz and got the same.. but unfortunately i live in tx... i called the dealer that gave me the first quote and he said the invoice price on the car he's trying to sell is also 500 above the invoice. It has two option packages pre-installed:

> B0 The Extra Mile Option Package B
    > RS 3200 Plus Security System
    > Carpet Mat Set (5 pc)
    > Carpet Floor Mats
    > Rear Trunk Mat
    > Mud Guards
    > Trunk Organizer
    > Cargo Net
    > First Aid Kit
    > Fabric Guard
    > Custom Tape Stripe
    > No Charge Extra Mile Benefits:
    > Roadside Assistance (3 Yrs/36,000 Miles
    > Extra Mile Extended Life Tires
    > (6 Yrs/100,000 Miles)
    >
    > P4 Vehicle Shield Package
    > Lusterizing Sealant
    > Sound Shield
    > Sealant Cleaner
    > Rental Car Assistance

DLR $ 20,598.26

MSR $ 22,642.00

so 20,598 + 500 = 21,098.26 and drive out with taxes at 6.25 percent and other fees (documentation, license, resitration, deputy and inventory tax) = 22655

what do y'all thinkm?? thank you for your hlep in advance!
    DLR $ 20,598.26
    MSR $ 22,642.00

so 20,598 + 500 = 21,098.26

taxes:
    STATE & COUNTY TAXES (6.25%) $ 1,318.64
    DOCUMENTATION FEE :$ 50.00
    INVENTORY TAX $ 57.03
    TITLE FEE :$ 33.00
    STATE INSPECTION :$ 21.75
    LICENSE FEE :$ 60.80
    MISC (DEPUTY FEE) :$ 5.00
    ROAD & BRIDGE FEE :$ 11.50
    ---- total 22655 ---

is this a good buy???
    I wouldn't buy it with all the low value options that are high $$$ for the dealer. The Security system, Mats, Mud guards and undercoating (about $550 dealer cost) are worth having - the rest is junk, in my opinion.

You don't get stability/traction control or decent looking wheels.

Personally if I lived in the Southeast region, I would never buy a car in that region.

Price out those Southeast options at kbb.com.

Only you can put your value on them.
  • concertkeyconcertkey Member Posts: 59
    I'm glad that someone is enjoying their SE-V6. I'm watching the paint peel off the hood of my 1992 Camry while the dealership has no idea when Toyota will build my car. Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out when they build it in August or September. Looks like I have plenty of time to decide whether I want NAV or not! :sick:
  • zaku178zaku178 Member Posts: 15
    Yeah that really sucks too concertkey u got screwed over with the 7% tax. Good luck with the wait on the SEV6, bet it'll be worth your wait. I wish I settled with the V6SE instead of the I4 SE but its way over my budget. If it was all possible I would have waited till they dump their 07 models for the 08 but that'll be a whole year of waiting.
  • sreeniysreeniy Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I am first time New Car buyer and wanted to have a fully loaded XLE V6 around Invoice price in DFW area.
    Please let me know if any one have good experiences with the dealers in this area. Your comments and advices are welcome.
  • royalflushroyalflush Member Posts: 3
    Go to the follow web site:
    http://www.fitzmall.com/
    This is a super dealership with locations in Florida / Maryland and PA. All Toyota non hybrid Toyota's are $ 500 over invoice. I saved over $2000 on an SE Camry and will be picking it up in PA even though I live in NJ. Found out about this dealer on this thread. This is a no haggle high volume dealer. My local dealer could not match the price.
  • mfletou1mfletou1 Member Posts: 508
    I posted this on other threads, but let me just make clear that Fitzgerald Toyota truly is fantastic. I purchased my Camry Hybrid there for $900 under MSRP, which is a great great deal for that particular vehicle. Other Camry's of course are even better.

But more than that, you should know that if you are going to work with them, what you see is what you get. There is no "catch" with them. They charge a $99 dealer processing fee, and that's it. When you visit them in person, they treat you with respect and without pressure. The prices are clearly marked. They are backed by finance people that are not on commission and even their sales people get a flat fee per car. (so they have no incentive to try to upsell you anything).

I had a unique experience trying to get a clean fuel plate in VA that was dicey, and they went the extra mile for me to make it happen. Not only that, they were downright pleasant about it. I won't get into all the details, but it all worked out for me in the end and it was because they went the extra mile.

So, basically, I'm just saying that f you are from out of time, you can trust these guys, they are for real and you will feel good about your transaction. And, if you within driving distance, you really should make them your first stop.

By the way, the same applies for their other dealerships...I bought a Grand Caravan for my father at their Dodge dealer, same thing.
  • mfletou1mfletou1 Member Posts: 508
    I posted this on other threads, but let me just make clear that Fitzgerald Toyota truly is fantastic. I purchased my Camry Hybrid there for $900 under MSRP, which is a great great deal for that particular vehicle. Other Camry's of course are even better.

But more than that, you should know that if you are going to work with them, what you see is what you get. There is no "catch" with them. They charge a $99 dealer processing fee, and that's it. When you visit them in person, they treat you with respect and without pressure. The prices are clearly marked. They are backed by finance people that are not on commission and even their sales people get a flat fee per car. (so they have no incentive to try to upsell you anything).

I had a unique experience trying to get a clean fuel plate in VA that was dicey, and they went the extra mile for me to make it happen. Not only that, they were downright pleasant about it. I won't get into all the details, but it all worked out for me in the end and it was because they went the extra mile.

So, basically, I'm just saying that f you are from out of time, you can trust these guys, they are for real and you will feel good about your transaction. And, if you within driving distance, you really should make them your first stop.

I should note that they sell a lot of makes--I bought an 06 Grand Caravan SXT for my dad at their Dodge dealer and we had the same experience I had.
    I have checked this dealership out, but you probably still paid taxes for NJ, right? If the tax in NJ is also 5% then I guess its not such an issue, but in TX the tax rate is 6.25%. Sterling McCall Toyota in Houston is also offering $400 above invoice.

Does anyone know if the 2007 Camry has any rebates or factory holdbacks? Is the best deal getting $400-$500 above incoice? I had heard that there was a $2000 rebate on them. Does anyone know??
  • littlejohn600littlejohn600 Member Posts: 80
    As I understand it there are always HOLDBACKS on Toyotas (basically dealer profit) and they will not budge on this.
    Bill Page of Falls Church,Va indicates no rebate on 2007 Camrys. The new Avalon has been out some 18 months and still no rebates here.
  • luvsterluvster Member Posts: 1
    Good Luck for a 2007 Camry for invoice since it's a new model. The only way I can get near invoice is through the company that I work for. My company is well known in the Houston area. Only 2 locations were available for me to chose from. Houston and Plano. Houston dealership gave me $250 over invoice quote for a 2007 Camry LE but then I can load it up and deal with the option pricing. It's called an H plan. Plano of Toyota also has the H plan but I have not heard from them. So still working on it before I might buy.
  • mrsjenn25mrsjenn25 Member Posts: 10
    I will try not to rant too much here, but I have been absolutely astounded at how bad of an experience my fiance and I have had in buying this car from Parker Toyota in Coeur d'Alene, ID.

We decided on the hybrid version of the camry because of my long commute to the office, and obviously since we live in a more rural area of the Pac Northwest we went into the dealership full knowing it may take a while for us to find a fully loaded TCH. So we did not get our hearts too set on getting this particular car. We had just wanted to take a look at it.

It was to our surpise when the salesman said that they had one in Boise, and would have it transferred up. So we signed on it. One week went by and after I didn't hear from the dealership I called them, only to find out that the car had been sold from under us... so we were told that they could get one off of the next shipment from Japan.. in 6 weeks. So I wait for the call and sure enough 6 wks later I am told the delivery date will be 7-17 or 7-18. Well sure enough, as I could have guessed, that didn't happen. "Maybe by Thursday".... I am so tired of waiting for the thing. I know they are in high demand, but I don't think that customers should feel this exausted :sick: and upset by the service.

I had never had my heart set on this car, and could have easily gone and purchased a Lexus for much less hassle... but a commitment is a commitment, I just wish our dealership cared.

At least from reading the posts here, we won't be too dissapointed in the car itself :)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Well, I have to defend the dealership somewhat here - they can't control shipments that come from Japan, and I'll bet they are just as anxious to sell you the car as you are to have it. It's really not in their best interest either to deprive you of the vehicle, because there's always the chance that you'll change your mind and buy something somewhere else.

I am sorry to hear about the frustrating wait time you're experiencing, but like you said, the car should be great! If you're planning on keeping it for a number of years, hopefully the wait time will, in retrospect, seem relatively short for a car that you'll enjoy driving.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

You're right, I know it is not in the dealer's best interest.. just sucks to have something sold from beneath you, then forced to wait for another.

Yes... In hind sight I'm sure the few months of waiting will be worth it :)
  • jpfivejpfive Member Posts: 37
    I just moved to Houston. Which Toyota dealers offer the best deals?

Ron Carter seems to have a large inventory, but they have thousands of dollars in useless dealer add-ons.
    I have checked prices on quite a few already. Fred Haas and Mike Calvert are offering 850 above invoice... You really have to shop around to get the best deal and make sure you take your time... From what I understand on these forums if you get something around 400-500m above invoice then its a good deal... I am working on a deal with Sterling McCall... Will keep you posted.. In the meantime check out this link... I learned a lot through this website... Hope it helps!

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/carintro.html
    Here’s what I’m paid for mine:

Toyota Camry Hybrid

Model: Hybrid 4DR Sedan
    Vehicle Base: $25,900.00
    Accessories:

Comfort & Convenience: $470.00
    Leather: $1,300.00
    Voice Act. DVD Navigation: $1,200.00
    Power Moonroof: $940.00
    Rear Spoiler: $295.00
    Carpet/Mat Set: $199.00

Accessory Total: $4,404.00

Grand Total: 30,884.00

After - Tint: $200
    After - 3M Protection: $1,200
  • deep6deep6 Member Posts: 3
    I bought Camry SE from Folsom lake Toyota in Folsom, the car drives well no transmission issues at all..its a 4Cyl though...but the Dealer is now driving me insane.....when i bought the car i was told that my car had all season tires...which last around 40k but couple of days ago i found they out they are summer season tires which would be bald in 12k ..ouch..
    As in camry SE there is a option of getting all season tires at not extra cost i thought of calling Toyota but all in vain.....toyota reps say it is a option of the dealer to order the car with all season/summer tires...........i feel that aint right...on the brochure it says ALL SEASON TIRES AT NO COST OPTION....no where it says its a dealer option.
    I have contacted the dealer and explained the whole scenario...and now just waiting for the dealer to get back to me.Its been a week now and this norning i called her and the customer rep at dealer says she has no idea about the kind of tires.......i am stuck with the tires i dont want.....please suggest me what to do???...
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Why do you believe summer season tires would be bald in 12k? Is your concern that you think they would wear out at 12K?, or that where ever you live that you would need better ice/snow control? What are the traction and mileage ratings for the specific tire that is on your car?

I don't have an SE and know which tire shipped with it, but generically in tires they all have different traction ratings, which correlate to how sticky/soft the rubber is. The softer the rubber, the stickier it is and adheres to the pavement, the quicker the rubber rubs off, and therefore the shorter mileage it will have.

For sports cars you usually want softer rubber for the higher cornering traction. You pay for that added traction, with shorter tire life. You'd also want very soft tires on motorcycles.

High mileage rated tires, have very hard rubber, doesn't stick to the pavement as well, therefore has less cornering traction, but the rubber then lasts for much higher mileage.

If you 'ordered' the car, then if you specified the optional tires they should have gotten the car with that on it. If they didn't, you would have a very strong case for them to correct their error. If you bought a car off the lot, then you're stuck with the tires that are on it, unless the dealership is willing to swap out the tires with another car (or their inventory) to close the deal with you.

I suspect the resolution of your concern, is going to net down to exactly what discussions you had with the salesman, whether it was a notable negotiation point or said in passing comments, if it was written down, and how many miles you've put on the tires already.

Good luck.
    They are performance tires with better traction and alower treadwear rating than all-season tires.

Replace them when they wear out and don't drive in snow/ice with them until then.

What does your window sticker say?

Next time, do some research first and get things in writing.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    A no cost option means to me I have to get them before I drive away. I can't expect the dealer to take used tires and give me new ones.

If you live in a non-snow area I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as milage goes, my Bridgestones on the Hybrid only have a wear rating of 280. Not nearly as high as I would have expected. I don't inagine they'll be good for much more than 25,000 miles.

Wear ratings are really only relative to other ratings with the same manufacturer but it does give an indication as to what to expect. Waht is the wear rating of the tires you have?
  • gandyfiregandyfire Member Posts: 36
    Purchased Jasper Pearl TCH at Toyota on Western

$30,589
    Navigation
    Sunroof
    Leather Seats
    Convenience package (heated seats/mirrors & reading lamps)
    carpeted floor and trunk mats
    $830 for extended warranty 7yrs 100,000 miles 0 deductable

Found the car available on the internet, spent one hour at dealer and was on the road home. No games, easy to work with. By the way, it has Michelins
  • etomidateetomidate Member Posts: 14
    This is my 3rd car this year. The other two were a Honda Odyssey and Honda S2000 (leased). I find that I can't drive my daughter in the S2000, so decided to buy a Camry (newer body style and smoother ride than Accord).

Anyhow, shopped around and ended up buying in So Cal for hundreds cheaper. The Nor Cal dealers wouldn't budge to come close to the ones in LA...so I bought a ticket down to Toyota Marina del Rey on Southwest for $100 one way.

Camry LE auto - Gray
    basic bare bones with no other options

$18,507 + tax, title, and license.

it's the cheapest I could get. I'm sure that Longo Toyota would have matched or even beaten it by a few hundred, but I wasn't going to taxi it from Ontario airport to Longo. At least I was able to visit some friends during my car purchase.

It drive great!

Best of luck buying.
  • giantkillergiantkiller Member Posts: 273
    Welcome to Houston! Two things you must be aware about Toyota's here. First, side airbag and side curtain airbag are hard to find in a Toyota vehicle. If it did have SAB/SCAB it also have the "ride on" options such as the "extra garbage miles package" and the " in all weather its garbage package" that will cost anywhere from $1.5K to $3.0K.
    Now, of course they wont sell you that vehicle for MSRP. But, with all the garbage added on to the vehicle that are worthless and overpriced, they are virtually selling you the vehicle at MSRP.
    My advice is get the vehicle without these options and negotiate your best price from there. If they dont budge, try Honda and Hyundai.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Did the $18,507 price include the destination charge?
  • jpfivejpfive Member Posts: 37
    Thanks, guys. There is a lot of dealer add-ons in Houston, from what I've seen. I am also looking at Accords because they are being highly discounted with super low money factors right now. We'll see...
  • littlejohn600littlejohn600 Member Posts: 80
    Great Price---Dealers in the D.C. area are indicating the Invoice price on the 2007 LE Automatic at $19,316. including freight.
  • ucsfucsf Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a 2007 Camry XLE V6 in San Francisco area. Can anyone tell me how much did you pay for your car?

Thanks in advance!
  • edsamedsam Member Posts: 14
    2007 Camry XLE

XLE base MSRP $37,425.00
    XLE invoice cost $33,795.00
    Holdback (% base MSRP) 2% $(748.50)
    True cost to dealer $33,046.50
    Profit to dealer on true cost 3% $991.40
    Subtotal on car $34,037.90

Freight $1,240.00
    Air tax $100.00
    Fuel tax $75.00

Taxable total $35,452.90
    PST&GST 14.00% $4,963.41
    On the road price $40,416.30
    So to buy a car in DC would cost somewhere around:
    19316 + (dealer profit of 400/500) = 19816 + TTL?? how much does that come around to??

I am in Houston and the best deal that i am finding for a strip LE with some add-ons invoiced at:
    invoice + (Dealer profit) + (TTL) =
    20,500 + 500 + 1500 = 22,500.

Do you guys think I can do better in DC?? btw, this is the Washinton DC area that we are talking about, right?
    Look at fitzmall on the internet.

$19,842 + $99 + your state tax & license.

In stock, gray, red, sand, blue +.......
  • consumer46consumer46 Member Posts: 17
    The following is a brief summary of my buying experience of a silver -- fully loaded -- Camry Hybrid.

I had the opportunity to visit ten dealerships in three states (GA, AZ, and MD) plus have internet discussions with dealerships in MI, Il, and VA. The approaches, comments, and levels of service varied widely.

I placed orders at three dealerships. Two required a deposit of $500 (and did not process) and one of $1000 (and did process). One order was placed in March and two in early April.

My local dealership (Sandy Springs Toyota) in Atlanta (from whom I had purchased 4 Toyotas in the last 4 years) was not interested in talking. As I later learned, the four dealerships (Marietta, Atlanta, Toyota Mall of GA, and Sandy Springs) in Atlanta all had the similar approaches! "We will sell our cars for the maximum possible." A loaded TCH was offered at anywhere from $1000 - $5000 above MSRP --not to mentioned the extras (most of little to no value) that came from their distributor in Florida.

In Phoenix, I visited Wright Toyota. Though polite, the offer --MSRP + $3,500. The "closer", who offered the deal, looked and acted like a "closer". The salesman must have been the good cop and the "closer" the bad cop. Later the I was told by the salesman, let him "the closer" talk -- but don't budge -- he'll become more reasonable in time.

In MD I dealt with two dealerships. Darcars of Silver Spring offered a fully loaded TCH(in April) for MSRP + $100 + $19 (temp tags to get me back to Ga) Tax and title would be paid by me when I return to GA. When the car arrived, I would fly to BWI. They would pick me up, and I would drive home. Down payment $1000 (which they took and processed). Bottom line -- no car ever appeared. It was to come in and be delivered in early June. As I was about to depart for MD, they called and said something happened to the car -- would I like to re-order. I said, "No, please refund my money." The next day (after figuring how to get to MD again) I called about the car. I was told it had been sold and was gone. After repeated calls and almost two weeks -- my $1000 was returned!!!!

In March (after reading about the dealership in this forum) I ordered (over the internet) a silver -- fully loaded TCH -- from Fitzmall in Gaithersburg. The agreed price (in March) was MSRP + $19. (Deposit of $500 - which was never processed). At the time of my order, I was told to expect the car in the July to August time frame (They already had a list of 23 people wanting a TCH). Further, if you find a better deal in the meantime or someone else can come up with a car sooner -- feel free to take it. Your deposit will be refunded.

Shortly after the debacle at Darcars, I heard from Fitzmall. The car I wanted was "in bound" -- soon to arrive in New Jersey. We settled on a delivery date.

On 16 June, the salesman (super guy) delivered my car at Reagan National Airport in DC. We spent 15 minutes in seats in front of the Delta ticket counter -- completed all paperwork. Then we walked out to the parking garage -- looked over the car for another 15 minutes (yes, my salesman covered everything that needed to be done). He handed me all the paperwork and the FOB for the car. Then he handed me the parking ticket and $5 to depart. I paid MSRP + $19. That was it. When I returned to GA, I paid the fees for GA sales tax and tags.

Learnings:
    1. Do your shopping!
    2. There are good dealers and sales persons. (Fitzmall and a person at Sandy Springs who did try to get the right price for me)
    3. Look at the "out the door price".
    4. Refuse to pay huge mark -ups. If everyone refuses, dealers will have to keep the cars on their lots forever or lower the price. In the end the customer does have the final say.
    5. FITZMALL of Gaithersburg is the "gold standard" for dealerships. If you can get there to buy a car -- Go. The internet process is refined and the service is excellent. Even if you can't go there --check out their prices. They are a good reference for anyone buying a Toyota. They will be a good reference for a deal you may be working on with your local dealer. Remember -- "it's the "out the door" price that counts.

As for my TCH -- GREAT. Gas mileage in Atlanta (35-36) and on the highway (38 - 40).
    Fitzmall did a great job on prep. The ride from DC to Atlanta was a real pleasure. My TCH replaced a 2005 Lexus ES330 -- which I sold myself in 3 days. I could not be happier.

The blue glow of excellence is tough to beat!!!!!
    I neglected to mention one additional thing. Someone may ask, "Why buy a Toyota in the Southeast US?" One advantage of buying in the SE is that you can "special order" a car with features somewhat out of the norm -- within reason. Sandy Springs Toyota in Atlanta does a pretty good job of this and is quite helpful. Be prepared to wait 90 to 120 days -- particularly if the car comes from Japan. If the car is manufactured in the US times are much shorter (30 - 45 days -- depending on the features ordered)
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    consumer46,

You did all that and end up paying MSRP for a TCH?... at one time they were at MSRP however now they are a bit lower.
  • jbolltjbollt Member Posts: 736
    My research says that one might be able to buy a base TCH for a few hundred under MSRP in some areas, but the loaded ones are comanding MSRP or above.
  • keithetkeithet Member Posts: 5
    I ordered my Camry Hybrid in Canada where I live. Is an extended warranty purchased in the USA valid or will Toyota refuse to honor it if I have a problem up here? The price of a 84 month/120,000km extended warrranty up here is $1,999. I see a lot better prices on this forum for Toyota extended warranties purchased in the USA.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    TCH is a TCH whether is is "loaded" or not. "loaded" can mean different things to different people.
    Good feedback. My "loaded" TCH has Nav, moonroof, leather, and the comfort and convenience package. As for price -- remember the time period is March through June. Additionally, a TCH with Nav (loaded) is still being sold (as indicated above) at MSRP and in some places with a premium price. In the March - June time frame no one sold a TCH with Nav under MSRP. Even today Fitzmall's price for a TCH with Nav is MSRP. They will drop the price slightly for a TCH (even with Nav) if it is on the lot for a few weeks (generally the less popular colors) as part of inventory management. In the Southeast (even today) you will have a difficult time finding a TCH with nav. And if you do -- you will notice a long list of add-ons raising the the price to $33k or above. There are some exceptions, but not many.

The key points of my comments are found in the "lessons learned".
  • etomidateetomidate Member Posts: 14
    yes, final price and then tax, title, and license...oh I forgot...the $45 documentation fee, $8 for the California tire fee. Final price OTD was around $20200. Since I live in Santa Clara county, the tax is 8.25%.

they tried to get me to buy the extra warranty and maintenance program, but I didn't bite. The recommended stuff on the camry is oil change, lube chassis, and INSPECT a ton of stuff. Not worth the $800 they want.

Best of luck buying. Remember to hit them up towards the end of the month. Weekdays are a bit better since they are not busy and want to sell cars. To get the best deal, do things that others won't do. All prices should included destination fees. Don't put up with any hidden cost, but ask youself if it's worth a few hundred buck to walk away from a deal.

I do out of principle, but should change my attitude.

anyhow, the car drives better than expected. My wife loves it and we put on 200+ miles on it over the past 2 days. It acts as our commuter car.
  • zhanghuyizhanghuyi Member Posts: 3
    would you please send the dealer info who matched the price of fitzmall, too? thanks. the email is in my profile.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    u have mail
  • tiger2005tiger2005 Member Posts: 1
    I want to buy a CAMRY 2007 LE in bay area Ca, but my budget is only 20K, do u guys think it is possible for me to get a deal? can anybody tell me how much he paid for a 2007 camry LE in Bay area? or I have to turn to CE.

Thanks.