Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• schuangschuang Posts: 2
    myvan1: You got such a good deal for your LE Auto. I am also in the market for a Camry LE Auto with Package #1. The best quote I got is 18,788 including des. charge but not ttl. Is there any trick getting such price as you've got? Or is AZ simply have cheaper cars than CA?
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    Tam, did your Camry have the Moonroof as a stand-alone option? I haven't seen many that way. The price is better than I've seen elsewhere, and usually Southern California is cheaper than AZ.
  • petrnycpetrnyc Posts: 47
    Check out latest prices paid in 02 Camry LE forum.
  • tigerboytigerboy Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2002 Camry LE with a 4 cylinder engine, automatic, keyless entry and floormats for $19350 (including everything, TTF). I hope this is a good price. The dealer told me that they are losing $800 for selling this car to me. The MSRP is $20709, TMV is $18837 and Invoice is $18402. I am almost $400 below invoice before TT. The dealer is in Virginia.
  • myvan1myvan1 Posts: 6
    Ray, the Moonroof is stand alone option. By the way, I had to go to the dealer two times and the manager called me on the phone negotiate the deal
  • jmedlinjmedlin Posts: 2
    Two weeks ago I bought my wife a 2002 Camry XLE, 4 cyl. The only option we added was floormats. We paid $20365, plus a $150 doc fee - $20515 total. With tax and title it came out to $21250 "total, out the door".

We live in central Alabama.
    Some of you can't think beyond the so-called invoice barrier. Why must all bargaining be centered around that potentially misleading by dealers/manufacturer figure ? WHAT IS INVOICE ANYWAY ? Does anyone know where that number comes from ? What is the meaning of invoice ?
  • myvan1myvan1 Posts: 6
    James, you paid 20365 + 150 doc fee = 20515 +Tax + Tag = 21250 out the door. How much did you pay for the tax? Is it less than 1 percent? I paid 8.1 percent.
  • jmedlinjmedlin Posts: 2
    MyVan1 -

Tax here is only 3.5%. Title was $16.50. I think I got an OK deal, but I wish I'd waited another month and gotten the 3.9% financing that's being offered here now.
  • mr24memr24me Posts: 2
    HELP? I AM READY TO BUY A 02 OR 03 SOLARA SLE WITH SUNROOF AND 6 IN DASH CD CHANGER. I LIVE IN SO. CAL. FIRST QUESTION.... WHAT IS THE LOWEST OUT THE DOOR PRICE ANYONE IN MY AREA HAS PAID FOR A SIMILAR CAR?? SECOND QUESTION.... HAS ANYONE SEEN A PICTURE OF THE 03??? ACCORDING TO TOYOTA THEY ARE NOT RELEASING ANY INFO. ON THE CAR FOR ANOTHER 4-5 WEEKS!!! THANKS, MARILYN
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    First, calm down. Using caps is considered shouting.

I have no idea what is going to happen with the 2003 model, the 2002 can be had at or near invoice depending on who you ask.

Make sure you know what to expect as to options, go to www.toyota.com to see how the car is made in your area.
    Anyone brave enough to explain to me and to the general public what "invoice" means and why most price negotiations revolve around that figure ?
  • nutzo1nutzo1 Posts: 2
    Invoice is suppose what the Dealer pays for the car. However, most car manufactures give "incentives" or "Rebates" to the dealer when they sell the car, so the real cost to the dealer is usually less.
    I just bought a Camry XLE for $500 under Invoice, but I'm sure the Dealer still made money on the deal (probably got $1500 "Incentive" from Toyota)
    The best deal I found was through CarsDirect.com. They quotes a price $300 less than the best deal I was able to find. Plus they found the exact color/options I was looking for. (only 5% of Camry's are dark blue and even less where japanese made)
    I did have to drive 30 mile to pick up the car, but it was worth it.
  • I paid $16,700 plus tax and license in California for camry le 4 cycles with power seat and keyless entry, floor mat option.
  • any recommendadtions there for a good dealer. I am shopping for a Camry LE V6 with #3 package. Any suggestion is appreciated.
    was that '02 LE auto or manual ?
  • Honolulu, HI...March 29 purchase date, April 6 delivery date.

lunar mist/stone cloth XLE 4 with side/curtain airbags, JBL+cd changer, 16" alloys, and floor mat set.

It was slightly under 23,500 out the door, but I can't remember the exact figure...
  • I just bought a XLE 4 cyl. with side ari bag option, the deal was $20615 + TTF. Am I doing OK?
    The deal is from a N. VA dealer.
    Gary
  • yes this is LE model automatic, power seat, keyless entry,cd and cassette player
  • nboylenboyle Posts: 3
    I bought an XLE w/ auto, floor mats, and a first aid kit (didn't know it existed) for 200 over "dealer invoice" which included advertising and regional finance fees.

Western PA

Graystone Pearl Metalic