Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• The dealer was in Highland, Ind. I was in there the other day and they said they had ten Camrys left, then the '03's will be coming in. I was at the dealer to pick up my car. With 500 miles on it the power steering pump went out. Two days to fix it but they gave me a free rental.
  • Can anyone tell me what the most I should give for a 2002 SE 4 cylinder (with basically package 3 w/o the cargo net)? I really wanted one with a V6, but there are not any white SE V6 with tan interior(cloth or leather) in the state of Texas. So my dilemma is should I wait till the 03's come out or try to get a "good" deal on the 4 cylinder. Any info or opinions on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • I purchased a Camry LE with Power moon roof, ABS and Keyless entry for $16,500. I traded a '95 Chrysler Concorde with 78,000 miles. Car listed at $23,795.
    Car was purchased at Carlson Toyota in Anoka, MN a suburb of Minneapolis. It was one of the best car buying experiences of my life(I'm 55).
    Went to Maplewood Toyota, but they wouldn't deal. They treated me very badly and would not deal at all. Was offered $2,000 for Concorde and would not move off of sticker price.
    We love our Toyotas. We also have a 2001 Sienna.
  • coupe3coupe3 Posts: 8
    The only option is Alloy wheel, paid at invoice, got the 0% APR for 36 months. I guess I did OK.
  • yankeryanker Posts: 156
    I would jump at a 2003 XLE at )% interest. Only 2002 Camry"s have the )% How come the discrepancy
    I've bee out of the country in Europe for a couple of weeks and wonder if the )% is going to continue and maybe include Toyota in November everywhere
  • As everybody knows the real, but real price is the Out the door price. No dealers fees, no preparations fees, no Toyoguard, No papers fees. No fees at all. Only the car, $ 20.150.00 plus tax $ 1.209.00(6% in Florida) plus transfer tag and title $ 140.00
    So The real price is $21.500.00 Out the Door (car in my house and $ 21.500 out my pocket)No salespersons to deal with, only internet fleets managers. It is the best deal.
    Somebody wants to have the big gun in hand, OK, Go to this site: FightingChance.com. There is the real invoice price of the dealers. It's cost 57.60 in your door with the book and 2 days shipping. You could save a couple thousands.

Best wishes at forum
  • for your 2002 Camry LE 4 CYL. The invoice price is around $19000. How did you get $2500 off from that? Was it because of the trade in? I happen to live in the twin cities and is looking for a Camry. Can you share your strategy with me? Which salesperson you were deal with?
  • Dealers in Arizona/California often advertise 02/03 Camry LE/auto @ under $16k. Recent TV ad in AZ was for $15,795. Camry October sales are down by 8%. Hold all purchases, prices are bound to get lower.
  • I received this internet price. Is this a good deal? I set my threshold for a fair out-the-door price at $20,500 so I was suprised by their quote. It seemed to easy. Are there hidden manufacturer-to-dealer kick backs? When I bought my corolla three and half years ago I had to haggle big time to get what I considered my fair price? What are other people paying out-the-door for their Camry's. Since I'm ready to buy I'm curious what prices others are getting.

Brand new (non-demo) 2003 Toyota Camry LE with anti-lock brakes, power driver's seat, keyless entry, upgraded stereo and full set of carpeted floormats:

$19343.00 (Our selling price to you)
    967.15 (5% state sales tax.......this assumes no trade-in vehicle!)
    86.00 (State fees for new registration and new title. This fee is $15 less if plates are transferred)
    59.00 (Our dealership document-processing fees. This is the lowest doc fee in eastern N.E.)

$20,455 This is the total you will write your check for.
  • DO NOT ALLOW THE CAR SALES PEOPLE WHO POST ON THESE BOARDS FREQUENTLY TO TALK YOU INTO PAYING HIGH PRICES. AFTERALL IT IS THEIR JOB TO SUCK AS MUCH OUT OF YOU AS POSSIBLE. AS I SAID IN MY POST #99: "Dealers in Arizona/California often advertise 02/03 Camry LE/auto @ under $16k. Recent TV ad in AZ was for $15,795. Camry October sales are down by 8%. Hold all purchases, prices are bound to get lower. "
    2 MONTHS AGO 02 CAMRY/AUTO WAS ADVERTISED AND SOLD IN PORTLAND,OR FOR $16,497.
  • My parents purchased a 2003 camry le w/auto, pwr seats, cd, ac etc., for 16994 at Toyota Town in Stockton. Good luck
  • Hi, Everyone!

I sure could use your help!

I've been getting price quotes from the internet departments, but I've noticed there is also a fleet department? What is the difference between the two? Is it better to buy from the fleet manager or from the internet salespeople/managers?
    Will I save more from the fleet manager? Does the fleet department handle trade-ins?

I'm looking for a 2003 SE Camry automatic 4-cyl. with options: ABS & carpeted mats. What is a great price? Am I supposed to start below invoice? How much below? What do you think of using a car broker? How much is the car broker's fee?

Here are the prices I have been quoted from the internet departments of the Southern California area:

1. MSRP: $22,578.00
    Invoice: $20,266.00

2. MSRP: $23,227.00
    Invoice: $20,874.00

3. MSRP: $23,149.00
    Invoice: $20,888.00

4. MSRP: $24,810.00
    Invoice: $21,855.00

5. MSRP: $23,637.00
    Invoice: $21,497.00

+ 595 (LoJack) + 1295(7-yr)

I keep feeling that I can do better? It's my first car buy, so I want to be 100% sure I got a great deal.

I'm hoping for some kind of rebate in the month of December. After 12/02/2002 there should be new specials??? I also read that the end of December is the best time to buy because of the Christmas holidays?

Is LoJack a good way to go? Should I opt for an alarm system as well, or both? Has anyone gotten the GPS system? What are the costs for the satellite tracking system? Is gap insurance a good idea?

Sorry for such a long post! My final question is: what is the difference in insurance rates between the LE, SE, and XLE trim models?
    I'm hoping I can afford the insurance rates on the sports model (SE). What have your experiences been with new car insurance rates?

Thanks so much!

Myra
  • So far, I've been able to talk down dealers to a price of 21,300 which includes the alloy wheels and mats which don't come factory but are not dealer add-ons. Was wondering if anybody has gotten a better price - especially around the Las Vegas area. Thanks
  • I am a serious buyer...but no idea about the price i should offer to the dealer....there is way too much difference, very confused....anybody just bought the car can share the final price here?..Post #102 may be true...but that's the only one used for the adertisement...thanks a lot
  • mux41mux41 Posts: 1
    With Spoiler, mud guard, alloy wheel, jbl premium audio with 8 speakers, floor mats and cargo mats etc..
    I am in Northern California. Bay Area.
  • Just bought a 2003 Camry LE 4cyl. automatic with abs, power driver's seat, 8 speaker jbl stereo and carpet cargo mat set in the northeast. Price includes title, tax, plates and dealer fees. I pick it up tomorrow. Yipee!
  • skymskym Posts: 11
    Can anybody tell me what they paid for a 2003 XLE V6 with: automatic, leather, side + curtain airbags, sunroof, heated seats. And what was the invoice price? I have only been able to find an invoice price of the XLE V6, but the options listed above are priced at MSRP.
  • What dealer was that at?
  • XLE V6 in phantom gray. MSRP on this vehicle is $28,190 and the internet price would be $25,167 (plus applicable taxes and fees).
    The equipment on the vehicle is
    leather seats
    dual power seats
    power moon roof
    carpet floor mats.
    The standard equipment on the vehicle includes
    -6 disk in dash cd changer,
    -automatic climate control,
    -rear sun shade,
    -rear air vents,
    -16 inch alloy wheels and many other features.
  • Got a new 2003 Camry XLE with 16" aluminum alloy wheels and of course the wonderful floor mats for 21,500 plus tax, title and doc fees. Also got 0% financing which was amazing.
  • Just purchased an XLE 4 Cyl. in stratosphere mica.

Options are as follows:

- air deflector;

- carpeted floor mats;

- side impact air bags;

- heated seats;

- package #8 (dual power seats, leather, alloys and sunroof).

OTD price of $24,685.26.

• >#112 of 117 2003 Camry LE for $20,281 by >zionda Dec 20, 2002 (11:36 am)
    >Just bought a 2003 Camry LE 4cyl. automatic >with abs, power driver's seat, 8 speaker jbl >stereo and carpet cargo mat set in the >northeast. Price includes title, tax, plates >and dealer fees. I pick it up tomorrow. Yipee!

Zionda, Please Which dealership? I need to get a Camry just like that.
  • I just bought a 2003 Camry LE - Two questions
    1) They are offering extended warranty at $1000 for 7-years and 100K miles (bumper to bumper) - should I buy?
    2) They are offering Lojak with alarm, interior and exterior coating, and underside treatment for rust proofing for $1467. Is it worth it ?
  • manamalmanamal Posts: 434
    item 1: if it is the toyota platinum warrentee,
    it is a reasonable price

item 2: my opninion, no.
  • Is the Dealer's Business License Tax a legitimate fee to charge a customer? I am in the Wash D.C. area and the car tax is 3% but they are charging 0.2 % for the license tax? What do you guys think?
  • I just bought a Camry LE with automatic transmission, ABS, side airbags, JBL Audio with 8 speakers 1-CD player with cassette, key less entry, power driver side seat, and mats at a price of $19,923 (not including tax and tags). I did as much looking around as I could including the web and carmax. I could not find a better price in my local Maryland area. Whether I could have done better or not is not clear. However, I wanted to post this so that other people know what they can try to beat !! Good Luck --
  • I have used www.carbargains.com to do all the legwork for me in buying/or leasing a new car. They do charge a fee for their service and will e-mail or mail you a report of the prices from five or more competing car dealers in your area. Check them out and it's the easiest way to buy/lease a car.
  • Paid $21,600. Price includes Side curtin air bags, aluminum wheels, and Z1 accessory package (carpet mats, glass breakage sensor, 1st aid kit) in Phantom Gray Pearl. Price also includes destination and "ad fees". Dealer is on Long Island, NY. No trade-in, no financing. Does not include tax, license/registration.
  • in catalina blue. It's a automatic with floor mats and trunk mat. It also came with the ToyoGuard which was $699 - final price w/ everything included was $19,150.00. We got 3.9% with a $500 rebate. How did I do?
  • sautansautan Posts: 1
    Well, i paid $24,500 out the door for 2003 Camry SE in Los Angeles with extended 7yrs warranty and 15 Free schedule maintainace service (all oil changed & oil filter FREE) except for other parts such as brake pads, timing belts, shocks & suspension that i will need to pay if required to replace, NO LABOR COST. Options i got is premium 3 in 1 Stereo system with 8 speakers, Power driver seat, dual tone sport cloth seat, 5 alloy wheels, ABS(should be standard), EBD(should be standard), Keyless entry security system(should be standard), Fog Lamp, Chrome Exhaust, and what else??? I think is a reasonable deal but not the best...what you all think??? 2003 Accord EX with Navigation for $25,875 OTD(my friend paid) with almost all options except leather... Better deal?