Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am shopping for a 2003 Toyota Camry XLE. I am living in San Francisco Bay Area. Could any one please give me your newly purchased specs, price, dealer's name and the sale person's name?

Thanks.
  • talggtalgg Posts: 10
    I live in the NY area and I got a quote of $23,549 ($25,835 with Tax, Title, and NY tax of 8.25%) for a 2003 Camry XLE 2.4L V4 with the Premium Plus option package. The options include 1. Alloy Wheels, 2. Leather Seats, 3. Driver and Passenger Heated Seats, 4. Premium JBL Radio w/ 6 Disc Changer, 5. Moonroof, 6.Driver and Passenger side/curtain Airbags, 7. Carpet floor/trunk mats.

Can i get some opinions as to whether this is a good price or should i be looking elsewhere for a better price?

Thanks
  • zmszms Posts: 4
    Hi:

I might buy a Camry 2003 LE Auto (ABS, Power Seat)
    in Maryland for $18700 + tax + tags. I live in Virginia. Can I ask dealer to charge me VA tax, also is there a list of things to check just before you take delivery of the Camry LE.
    Thanks in advance
  • Purchased Xle-V6 MSRP $29,718 added Mud Guards and all weather mats. Paid $27,200 plus sales tax and plates. Great deal I believe.Am on Long Island in New York State. People in the Southeast region have to put up with that stupid $699 extra cost package that does nothing but give you one free oil change. What a rip-off.
  • I paid $22,600 plus tax, title for 2003 camry xle w/leather, side airbags, fog lights, 16'' alloy wheel (and locks), power front driver/pass. seats, heated front seats, power moonroof and 6 disc cd changer (JBL brand). Got it in central NJ, great dealership and salesperson. 1.9% financ. for 3 years ain't bad either. Try beating this deal!! Absolutely love the car so far.
  • I have a quote on 2003 Camry XLE 4 cyl with Side air bags, Premium Plus Package and Heated Seats options.Out the door price was 22,757 incl tax,title,destn chrg. Is this good? APR offerred was 3.9% for 60 months
  • zmszms Posts: 4
    Last week i bought 2003 LE (ABS, Floor Mats, Cargo Net, KeyLess Entry, Power Seats) for
    $19200(inluding everything) , plus I got 0% APR for 24 months, is it a good deal.
    I bought car in MD, but transferred registration to VA, am I covered under VA or MD lemon law ?
    I live in the NY area and I am looking for the exact car that you bought!! Could you please tell me which dealership and salesman you used to get the car from? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.
  • I posted a response to your same question in another thread. Is it an automatic or manual? That makes a difference.
  • Since this discussion thread is read country-wide (and in Canada) where tax, license/tag $ vary greatly can we please:
    Post the model (i.e.XLE 4 Cyl; LE 6 Cyl, etc.);
    The options (i.e. Side airbags, carpets, moon roof, alloys,etc.);
    Auto or manual;
    If there was a trade-in in the deal;
    Financing (rate/years);
    Finally the price paid/quoted WITHOUT tax and local registration/license, etc. fees.
    The OTD (out the door) price which varies due to taxes/fees, etc. makes it difficult to gauge what really is a good deal. I think this would help greatly. Thanks...KS
    Does anyone know where Bombayite bought his car???
  • Camry sales are down;)
  • I paid 20,707 ($200 over invoice)on a new SE yesterday. JBL upgrade, alloys, ABS, floor & trunk mats. MSRP was 22,809. Looking forward to this car!
  • Does anybody have a good dealer. I am looking for XLE V6 in NY / NJ. Bombayite's deal sounded great (even though his is 4 Cyl). How accurate is Edmund's TMV?
    I wish he would respond as to where he got his car from!!!! I want that exact car and he got a great price!!!
  • I got it from DCH Brunswick Toyota on Route 1. I really had to haggle in order to get this great price but from the response I think everyone agrees that it was worth my effort. Good luck to guys out there, and let me know how you did. Although I don't think financing promo. is still on, it was a December special.
  • There was no trade-in, the car has automatic steering and if I remember correctly the OTD price was between $23,500 to $24K. I believe everyone's questions have been answered.
  • I've been getting several price quotes from dealers in the Chicago & Wisconsin area for "invoice." Based on other models in other board discussions, is it possible to buy a 2003 Camry a few hundred dollars under price? I've been to 2 dealerships and have 3 others trying to sell me via e-mail. Should I ask everyone involved to give me their best price under invoice? Or is this insulting? ---a first time new car buyer.
  • I paid 19,001 for a 2003 Camry with: ABS, PowerSeat, JBL Upgraded Radio, Side & Curtain air bags, cargo net, and trunk and floor mats.

The invoice on the car is: 19,651.

I took the special financing of 3.9% for 60 months and was able to apply the $400 graduate rebate.

I added the R3200 alarm for 470, which was on the high side.

Happy shopping!