Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-150 Owners

Comments

• balsarbalsar Posts: 3
    Let your engine warm up to operating temp. then try to remove the o/2 sensors it will make it easier, and use the o/2 socket as Mickeymouse said, it only costs a few buck but is worth it. Careful of the hot pipes.
  • balsarbalsar Posts: 3
    Could this be a bad knock sensor. Both converters have been replaced within the last year with the o/2 sensors. Scanner reads o2 sensor and new converters are working ok. Also MAF reads good. 158 compression in cyl. and vacuum pressure is good. Yet I have no power unless I rev up the motor to about 3000rpm and then let off the clutch. this is the same in all gears, even at 45 mph ( until engine speed is upword around 3000rpm). Can I just unplug the knock sensor to test or is there another way? Thx for the help!!
  • traded 01 F150 supercrew lariat 4X4 for new 08 F150 supercrew lariat 4X4 in late July 2008. On Aug 25, 2008 drove to work and parked. 30 minutes later was called by co-workers and told my new truck was on fire. Went to parking lot and they said flames were coming up inside windshield. Fire department arrived, I unlocked doors and found the dash burned and whole inside of cab charred and smoked. Ford said fire is not a warranty issue. Dealer and I argued that a defect caused the fire and it is a warranty issue. Insurance had to investigate and found Auxillary Power plug-in on dash to be defective and caused fire. Sent report to Ford saying it was a defect. Ford is dragging their feet still. Don't want to admit it was a defect. Ford has not even gone to dealer lot to look at truck. Truck has been at dealer in the as burned state for well over a month. Dealer can't believe Ford will not respond, they have tried everything and I have complained to all the regional reps but to no avail so far.
    Looks like I may have to hire a lawyer and go through Lemon Law at this point.

If anyone has an 08 or similar model with power plug under the dash air vent to the right of the radio, get it to a dealer and have it double checked. My truck is at Dealer lot in Willard, Ohio. Still burned up and making payments.
    Loyalty will get you no where with Ford. They used to make a good truck, and if they had taken care of this issue right away like they should have, I may have still been a loyal customer. Defects can happen.....Customer satisfaction is what is lacking in this case! :mad: :sick: :lemon:
  • i have a 1999 f 150 xlt v8 4.6 had no trouble with it minor things i have 200459 miles on it now truck is in fair shape mortor is clean and dont burn no oil. im thinking of trading it in or keep it till mortor give out. i have look at 2005 5.4 truck but i have heard that the new ones is not as good as the old ones.need of feed back please. thank you..
  • Hi, I own a 92 F150 xlt, I am getting alot of door drop when i open the driver door. Looks like bottom bushing is wore out. how do I remove the old hinges and can I buy new ones.

Thanks
  • When starting out my truck seems to buck with light accelerator pressure also when going about 25 to 30mph and holding steady pressure it will buck.sometime when backing up it will buck hard.This does not happen all the time and does not trip the engine soon light.
    I have had it to the ford dealer 5 times and they can't find the problem and does not show on the memory.
  • Sounds like a fualty TPS sensor. You need a graphing meter to test it accurately. Try unplugging it and see if the symptom goes away. This will turn your check engine light on. But it will force the PCM to guess at trottle position instead of using a possible intermitant bad signal.

TPS Throttle Position Sensor
  • Thank you very much I will take the truck back to the dealer and will let you know how I made out.They have been trying for a year and a half and couldn't find anything because the engine light didn't come on and memory didn't show anything.
  • Hi,
    I took my truck to the dealer with the information you gave me about the TPS sensor. They told me they wouldn't do anything untill the engine light came on.I guess I will have to wait .
    Thank you again
    Bob
  • unbelievable

in this day and age of big losses and the money running out, i'm guessing Ford has layed off all but one person who can look at your truck. And he probably gets a bonus for pushing back a certain percentage of problems on the buyers back.

nice going ford
  • I am looking at trading for a 2003 F150 SuperCrew XLT with the 4.6 V8 and 51,000 miles. I currently have a 2003 Toyota Tacoma crew cab with the V6. It has been great, but my wife and I both miss the utility of a full size truck.

I have not owned Ford, but of course you see what seems like thousands on the road everyday. Just looking for some general thoughts, not "homers" for Ford or "anti-Ford" comments.

Overall satisfaction? General reliability, epecially as the truck gets older? Anything else that might be valuable to us?

Appreciate the time from all...
  • Went ot take my granddaughter to school and the alarm just went off and have checked the fuses in after factory system and they seem ok but it keeps going off and will not start now.
  • regnarregnar Posts: 10
    I own a 07 F150 FX2 with 5.4. Just put on winter tires with steel rims and now the air pressure light stays on because these rims don't have the sending unit which are still in the stock rims. Any way of shutting the dash warning light off?
  • I got a pretty dumb question but I've recently purchased a 1992 ford f150 4x4 ( old I know ) and I don't know how to use the 4x4 feature on it, can anyone show me how to use the 4x4 so that I don't break something in the trucks engine?
  • i have the exact same problem with my 2002. were you ever able to have it fixed or what. i dont like fords but i love my truck and this thing is driving me crazy.
  • Yea the check engine light keeps turning on and off every so often on my 1992 ford f-150 4x4, I've been noticing every time get off the freeway and turn on the on ramp the light turns on and also when I"m traveling past 65 mph.I've recently worked on the valves and lifters could that have something to do with it? Someone please let me know what the heck is causing my check engine light to come on?
  • No I have not been able to get it fixed and my warranty is up in 3000 miles. .the company said they couldn't do anything unless the check engine light come on to tell what the problem is.
  • markanmarkan Posts: 48
    I have an 08 F-150 super-cab with 40-20-40 front seat. Can I replace the driver side manual seat with a power seat? I would hope to be able to use the same seat, just replace the manual base with a power seat base. Dealer has been no help. Thanks for any help or advice.
  • jlcjlc Posts: 30
    I had the same problem on a 94 buick, turned out to be the vibration damper and position sensor. Hope this helps.

JLC