Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Lexus GS 350 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Lexus

image2013 Lexus GS 350 Long-Term Road Test

The 15,000-mile service on our long-term 2013 Lexus GS 350 in Santa Monica, California cost us a pretty penny.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    It is a Lexus, expensive maintanence is to be expected.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    They offered you a free loaner car? Maybe a last cigarette and a blindfold would have been more appropriate. So, $180 for a tire rotation, fluids check and an air filter inspection Plus, Donna said in the other post that the first two services were free; you say only the 5k one - ? Says "inspect/replace air filter" - not clear - which did they do? I know keyless cars go through fob batteries faster, but really - 15k is kind of ridiculous - my GTI has keyless and I replaced the battery at 25k/2 years. Those tires...8/32 front and 5/32 rear...I hope that was before the rotation and not after - ? I know they're summer tires, but at least 2 of those will be dead by 22k miles, so maybe there is something going on with the alignment...I don't see an alignment on the 10k, 15k or 20k mile recommended maintenance lists you linked to...maybe you misunderstood and he's saying he thinks it needs it based on the tread wear he's seeing here. Yeah, goes without saying you paid too much, but also those questions needed to be addressed with the advisor before leaving.
  • ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    @ fordson1: The advisor hadn't looked at the tires at all when he tried to upsell me on the alignment, so the recommendation wasn't based on actual tire condition. The topic came up while he was staring at a computer screen. I didn't misunderstand.

Give
  • sofaonasocksofaonasock Member Posts: 16
    Did they top off your gas tank for the recall work?
  • sofaonasocksofaonasock Member Posts: 16
    ...I thought the F Sport GS 350 has staggered tires...so a tire rotation is from left to right?!? ...but then are your tires directional?!?
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    @eriches: Huh. Wonder where he got that alignment business from. Well, I hope they have the 8/32 tires on the rear and not the front. Well, now with the Carrera Cab we have seen the $525 oil change and with this Lexus we have seen the $180 tire rotati
  • majin_ssj_ericmajin_ssj_eric Member Posts: 49
    I will not be bringing our GS to the dealer for this. $180 to (not) rotate the tires, change the key fob battery and do a bunch of pointless inspections? No thanks.
  • speeddtsspeeddts Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    take your car to Newport Lexus, i paid $99. and their regular price is 149.xx They are super nice too. Shout out to Frank Lin. Teej