Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Range Rover

Comments

• bmk007: Sorry for the tardiness in responding to you. I'm very happy with my RR purchase. I highly recommend it. I do prefer the interior in this model over the '03 and later. Loving the looks I get from others. I purchased mine on eBay and saved a lot compared to what the dealer's were offering. I had my local dealer inspect the vehicle upon delivery and luckily for me no problems were detected. I did put out some money to have the dealer inspection, the 30k service, 2 new tires and some other misellaneous things. It was all worth it. I could've spent about the same amout of money and gotten a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee that was a vehicle I was considering. Now I'm soooooo glad I didn't. I presently have 2 month remaining on the manufacturer's warranty and plan to purchase the 6 year/100k mile extended warranty from a third party. I want the extra protection being that I do plan on keeping it a long time.
  • p996p996 Posts: 56
    It's an 2003 with 33k miles.

They will let me have it for 46k. No paint work and drives ok.

This is in Florida BTW.

Any info would be great! Thanks!

Also, what does the 30k service entitle and how much $$ does it cost?

James
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,942
    The Edmunds Maintenance Guide will tell you what service the manufacturer advises at 30k and it'll give you an estimate of how much it should cost in your zip code.

You can also do an Appraisal of that '03 from the Used Car tab on the main Edmunds.com page.

Steve, Host

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

I don't think people are getting them for what Edmunds thinks they should be.

That is why I asked everybody else what they bought their 03's for.

Thanks!
    Some recent buyers should be along this weekend.

Meanwhile, you may want to ask the pros what they think it's worth over in the Real-World Trade-In Values discussion.

Steve, Host

• We had an 2003 with about 20K that we let go for $52k so that sounds like an ok price to me depending options and colors.

What are the options on it and what are the colors.

The 30k service is covered under your schedualed matience program don't worry about it. Are you buying it from a land rover dealer or some where else?
    Is 33k miles a lot for a Range Rover?

I know my C6 Corvette feels and sounds (with all the rattles and creaking) old at only 10k miles.
  • Galves opens at 27,500 miles for a 2003 so the one you are looking at has miles that are a little higher then average but not much.
  • "You do not want to have to deal with an air suspension failure without the warranty"

What about building into one's offer a 4K deduction for the highly probable air suspension work? Then, throw out the entire system and replace with coils all around, four new , premium shocks, re-bush the front suspension and be set for life?
  • I haven't seen a complete air suspension failure on the current generation Range Rover so how probable it is I don't know. I know that there is a coil spring conversion kit around for the previous generatons of range rover but I don't think anything is out yet for the 2003 and up generation. Who would want to own a Range Rover with out air suspension that is probably the coolest thing about the vehicle. Thinking about it more since the new range rovers use a fully independent suspension with cross linked air valves I don't think you could go to a coil spring conversion on them.

I really doubt there is anyway they would accept a 4000 dollar deduction for that. You would just be better off buying the extended warranty to 100K if you plan to keep the vehicle that long.
  • I missed have missed something. I thought we were discussing a 2002 RR? That year and generation certainly have replacement suspension kits and are definetly the way to go.

FWIW, I'm not sure if I would agree with anyone who says that "...air suspension is probably the coolest thing about (their) vehicle". Please. Brock Yates and Jeremy Clarkson might disagree.
  • You are right I was emailing with someone else about a 2003 Range Rover and just got confused. There is a coil conversion kit for the previous body style range rovers.
    One of the "sucess stories in the auto industry, turning from losses to “significant profits.”

"That is to say Land Rovers can be taken from the opera to the Rubicon Trail and can serenely navigate most any road condition in total luxury. Only Hummer comes close to the brand image of Land Rover. But, while Hummer is a more American and macho brand, Land Rover has a global, sophisticated appeal."

Diesel SUVs Are Unit's Future (The Day)

Steve, Host

• schebscheb Posts: 5
    Anyone know the ins and out between the 05 and 06 sound system changes, and whether or not the 06 sirius can be retrofitted to the 05 model year. The dealership was no help.

Thanks

Mark
  • Go to http://www.blitzsafe.com/ they specialize in factory looking instaliations of satelite radio using the factory head unit. They do not curretnly have any instaliation kits for the 2003 and up range rovers but I am sure they will before too long. I have talked to them about working on a kit for the 2006 range rover for a customer that does not have Sat radio in his car but wants it.

They need a picture of the back of your head unit, which in the case of the range rover is the touch screen display, from that they may be able to devlop something.
  • sam818sam818 Posts: 127
    Does anyone have direct hands-on experience of having traded a 2003/4/5 RR for a 2006 RR?
    Specifically...how does ride, handling and engine noise compare?
  • I traded in a 2004 HSE with 16000miles (dealer gave me $56000) for a 2006 Supercharged. The car is completely different in terms of ride and power. Night and day. Black and white. You get the idea. The acceleration change is dramatic (of course it is not the base HSE so it should be) but also the ride is much smoother, the inside is much quieter, and the handling much more tight and responsive. Little things like the satellite radio and the navigation system are nice. The DVD keeps the kids quiet in the back. I would purchase it again in a minute. The only change I suggest is the storage cover in the back is still hard to use and needs to be fixed to a simple retractable cover.
  • I have a Range Rover 2000 HSE and couple days ago it wouldn't start because of an immobilization issue. The dealer had to reprogram the immobilization device because somehow it lost its data. It costs me $217, but I feel that it should've been a free repair because I believe it is a design flaw. It wasn't clearly explained to me how this could happen, but supposedly the car was close to something which caused the data to be erased.

I am curious to know if this ever happened to anyone reading this forum and whether you had to pay to fix it.

Thanks,
    -mo
  • For anyone interested - I am pricing a new 2006 RR in NJ, including Luxury Interior and Rear Seat Ent Sys. MSRP was $82,200 +/-. Dealer quoted me $2,000 under MSRP.
  • You must be dealing with Paramus, or a dealership right next to them, cause no one else would discout an 06 Loaded Range that much.
    I received a slick Land Rover mailing today.
    It included a $2000 discount coupon for any 2006 Range Rover HSE.
    The RR SuperCharged was excluded.
  • My 2004 Range Rover HSE has the standard equipment 19" wheels with Goodyear Wrangler tires. The Rover has about 25,000 miles on it and I love it, however, about 12,000 miles ago the tires started making a lot of noise. The dealer said the tires were cupped and it was an alignment problem. Sounded fishy as the car is aligned well and I never abuse it..the steering wheel is on center, no wobble or vibration, and the tires are not wearing unevenly. I called my old dealer (I moved to a new area) and spoke to my favorite service tech and he I mentioned the tire noise and he said "you must be talking about the Goodyear tires" and "the tire noise is a common complaint".

I was hoping that others on this board may share their experience with the standard Goodyear tires on the Range Rover and if they are having tire noise issues. Thank you.
  • Thank You so much Teamyonex, and.........my sister thanks you too!! We both will be following up on this.
    Does this sound right?: My dealer tells me he is unable to even order a 2006 RR SuperCharged until January...with delivery to follow some months later.
    In other words, they cannot place orders on a "flow" basis.
    My problem is that the 2006 RR I ordered in July, arrived this week with a broken windshield, and associated scratches on the trim and nearby paintwork.
    The tell me they can repair it, but @ $90k, I am reluctant to take delivery of a repainted car, and with a windshield seal I cannot be sure of.
    I would have thought that given it was a LR problem, they might have gone out of their way to modify a production schedule to slip a replacement into line before January or February.
    Any ideas?
  • I have had this happen to three customers now with bluetooh integrated cell phones. They have phones that do not have an option to disable call waiting and so when a call comes through and they try to switch over to it their phone to car link is scrambled.

If you can't disable call waiting on your bluetooh phone then just do not pick up the incoming call it will scramble your phone and possibly do other funny things to the cars systems.

If you do happen to pick up a call by accident and things get scrambled you can probably correct the problem without bringing it to the dealer. Simply shut off the car and then disconnect the bluetooth phone from the car. On your phone somewhere there is an option to drop bluetooh connection. Once you do that it should descramble the connection and you should be able to reconnect the phone. This should also shutdown the navigation screen if it was staying on with the car off. I have seen that happen a couple of times and seems to be a side effect of trying to use call waiting with bluetooh connection.

I am reposting this on all Land Rover boards.
  • Hi I'm new to this forum, has anyone ordered or been able to get a "first edition RR sport". I ordered mine in July and had been told that it would arrive September. Im still waiting>>>what is the average time for delivery< I'm unable to get a straight answer from the dealer???
  • will the latest blackbeey 7000 series or 8000 series work with the vehicle telephone kit?
  • Bought an 03 used RR - Big Mistake!! It spend more time at the dealership than in my garage. Bought an 05 new with 10 miles and it has been back to the dealership 7 times, 4 for CD issues - locks up, goes offline, will not reset. Finally RR acknowledged there is contaminated code.
    1 time for the rear hatch, 1 time for the wipers - they quit working in the middle of a rainstorm, 1 time because the LR oval and lights would stay on after the car was turn off. Love the Car, Hate all of the issues. Considering another model.
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Posts: 619
    To those of you who bought an '06 RR HSE: I'd like to know what you found to be superior about the RR as compared to an LX470, assuming you cross shopped them.
  • range rover or any other pure bred automobile but not lexus
    their is no romper lexus is a thin can
    look at rangerover.net