Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Range Rover

Comments

• teamyonexteamyonex Posts: 42
    '03-'05 4.4L BMW, '06-on Jag. The '06 SC RR is some serious cash, but the RR Sport, Supercharged, seems like a bargain by comparison. You have to drive the Porsche Cayenne S or Turbo if he's into street performance. Also, the BMW 4.8is if he's not completely opposed to BMW.
  • xkssxkss Posts: 722
    My husband has had many problems with his BMW X5 and needs a new car. I love my 05 RR and suggested he get one too since he is forever driving my car. Can someone tell me the difference between the 4.2L supercharged vs. the 4.4L? Also are they going to add air conditioned seats? Is one the BMW engine and the other the Jag engine? Please tell me the differences or another great SUV he might like instead.

Well, the 2006 Land Rover Range Rover will have a standard 4.4 liter V-8. The new 4.4 liter V-8 comes from the new Land Rover LR3. That engine comes from a Jaguar 4.2 liter V-8, but the LR3's engine has (obviously) 4.4 liters and is modified for off-road duty (dust, driving across streams, extreme angles).

Jaguar's V-8 first came out for the 1997 Jaguar XK8. It had 4.0 liters. The current 4.2 liter V-8 is a great engine.

The 4.2 liter supercharged V-8 in the new Range Rover and Range Rover Sport (two different models...the Sport uses the LR3's new chassis) comes from the aluminum Jaguar XJR and Super V8 (the flagship XJ). I think the supercharged V-8 in the new Range Rovers likely is modified for off-road duty.

The 2006 Range Rovers have a new 6 speed automatic (from ZF) and a better navigation system when compared to the current 2005 Range Rover.
  • grommetgrommet Posts: 445
    No, 2005 Navigation is the same as 2006 Navigation, as is the PTI/Bluetooth. The new touchscreen interface is based on same core design used in the LR3/RRS.

2006 is basically a powetrain change/upgrade, optional Sirius radio support, optional factory DVD Rear Entertainment, and a few cosmetic tweaks...
    some of the enhancements for 2006 include:

Dynamics: Sharper steering, crisper braking performance, and improved air suspension.

Refinement: A quieter interior and additional color combinations.

Technology: Adaptive headlights, tire-pressure monitoring, touch-screen control for audio, phone and off-road driving information.

Safety: A rear-view camera that projects directly to the front-fascia screen.

Better fuel economy (likely the 4.4 liter engine...not the 4.2 liter supercharged V-8)

Entertainment: Available rear seat entertainment package featuring a six-disc DVD changer, twin screens, and headphone pods, all fully integrated with the vehicle’s sound system.

All Range Rovers for 2006 get a new front bumper design, new headlamps and taillights, a new front grille and revised power vents. New 19-inch alloy wheels are also offered. The supercharged derivatives are distinguished by additional styling modifications including mesh-design front grille and power vents, unique 20-inch alloy wheels, and special black-on-silver badges.

source: press release
  • telekuehntelekuehn Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I just ordered my new Land Rover Discovery 3 and was checking the net, if it will connect with my blackberry.

After I found this link
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/archive/index.php/t-63829.html

I was very happy. But now I've read your thread and am a bit confused. Looks like sometimes it works, sometimes not. Or have you been successfull yet?
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,910
    Check out the Bluetooth Technology discussion too.

Steve, Host
  • heidi2heidi2 Posts: 1
    I am trying to decide what color RR to get. The dealership has one with Buckingham blue exterior, sand/jet trim interior or a Zambezi silver, charcoal/jet trim interior. Which combo do you like better. What is your favorite color combo?
    thanks
    Heidi
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Since you asked, my personal preference would be the silver! :)

tidester, host
    Aw geeze, I have a silver van and it's easy to keep looking clean (you don't have to wash it often since it doesn't show dirt like a darker color would).

But the blue and tan combo sounds pretty nice.

Steve, Host
  • teamyonexteamyonex Posts: 42
    I just got the black with charcoal/jet luxury interior package. True to everyone's advice, tough to keep clean. The RR has some weird rear end aerodynamics...the back gets dirty in a heartbear as mist/dust circulates UP the back at all speeds. I think the RR needs a rear spoiler or something to impart some downward air flow. You'll see what I mean. I haven't seen any blue RRs in my area, so I'd go for that. Silver is too common for my taste. Also, negotiate like crazy. Got my '05 for 1% over invoice in view of new '06 refresh arriving soon. If you go for an extended warranty, start the bidding at near 35% off the initial price.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Posts: 1,150
    Older Range Rovers seem to have expensive problems with their air suspensions. Apparently, one fix is to get rid of the air bags and install new coil springs/new uprated shocks all the way around and new teflon bushings to tighten up the steering. Then you have a better than stock suspension and are done worrying about the air suspension.

Has anyone done this? I would think that if you found a used RR with conversion already done, you would be better off. Maybe 4K better off.
    The new vehicle spotlight ad on the main edmunds.com page is "The New Range Rover Supercharged." Lots of LR details while the ad lasts.

Steve, Host
  • 1% over invoice? What a great deal you negotiated... Congrats and enjoy the car.
  • thgthg Posts: 1
    I am considering buying a 1999 RR 4.0SE with 60k miles. It has had the air suspension already replaced with coils and serviced regularly. Needs the 60k service. Question: at very high speed, e.g. 75-80 mph, the RR begins to sound and feel rough/rumbly like the engine is vibrating. Not a ton of vibration thru steering wheel, so I didn't think it was a balance issue.

Any ideas?? Perhaps transmission or engine mounts? And how much do those cost to change?

thg
  • mgreenemgreene Posts: 32
    I have read about the upcoming V-12 in the Range Rover. Has anyone gotten wind of possible additions of the Terrain Response and Dynamic Response systems for upcoming Range Rovers?

mgreene
    The Range Rover Supercharged will have a 4.2 liter 390 hp supercharged V-8 for the 2006 model year.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    That's not anything out of the ordinary. My local dealer here in NC advertised $5,000 off all 2005 RR in stock.
  • sam818sam818 Posts: 127
    Can anyone figure out: Does the Luxury Package on the normally aspirated 2006 RR have perforated leather seats?
    Photos clearly show perforated leather on the SuperCharged.
  • nsashernsasher Posts: 3
    The perforated leather is only on 2 of the colors the ivory and the jet. The rest are all the normal luxury leather w/ out the perforated.
  • nsashernsasher Posts: 3
    Don't buy a Cayenne S!!! I finally just sold mine, had nothing but problems with it. Yes it drives nicely but between the insane wind noise from moon roof and the heat pump noise and the gazillion recalls I couldn't wait to get rid of. I am waiting for my Superchaged RR to come in can't wait!