Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Range Rover

Comments

• I talked to my sales guy today, he says there is a wire or fuse that can be removed to make it work. He was not sure of which one it was. Of course it's not leagl, but who really cares at this point.
  • Someone please find out ASAP, I want to be able to make that work, at least if I am parked.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    A reporter would like to hear from consumers who have recently purchased a larger SUV, perhaps even trading in another large SUV for the newer one. If you have a story to share, please contact pr@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info., city/state of residence and the make/model you traded/bought no later than Thurs. a.m., Sept. 1.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• grommetgrommet Posts: 445
    "he says there is a wire or fuse that can be removed to make it work"
    I swear, is everyone related to Land Rover forced to take a course in misinformation and confusion?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,999
    Praise the Lord and Pass the Iguana (Inside Line)

Talk about it over in Range Rover Sport (2006+).

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Are you in Michigan Teamonex? If not, can I get a dealership name, City & State? I'm trying to get the name of the fix. Thank You for any assistance you might be able to provide.
  • Hello

I am a potential 1st time LR owner. I have a chance to get a used 2002 Range Rover with around 27K miles on it. Black on Black. I don't put a ton of miles on a car each year, so I am looking to have a fun vehicle for my short commute.

Who manufactured the 2002 RR engine? Is it something that will be impossible to repair when problems occur?

I am also considering a 2004 Discovery SEII or possibly a 2005 LR3.

Does anyone urge me NOT to go for the 2002 RR? Any thoughts would help.

Thank you.
  • Hello

I saw your post. Did you get any replies?

How are you enjoying your 2002 RR HSE? I am also considering a 2002 RR as my first RR purchase. I am trying to decide if it's the wisest move.

What do you recommend?

Thanks.
  • If you plan to keep the vehicle once the warranty has expired make sure you buy an extended warranty. Either buy the warranty now or do it within one month/1000 miles of the factory warranty's experiation date. You do not want to have to deal with an air suspension failure without the warranty.
  • bmk007: Sorry for the tardiness in responding to you. I'm very happy with my RR purchase. I highly recommend it. I do prefer the interior in this model over the '03 and later. Loving the looks I get from others. I purchased mine on eBay and saved a lot compared to what the dealer's were offering. I had my local dealer inspect the vehicle upon delivery and luckily for me no problems were detected. I did put out some money to have the dealer inspection, the 30k service, 2 new tires and some other misellaneous things. It was all worth it. I could've spent about the same amout of money and gotten a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee that was a vehicle I was considering. Now I'm soooooo glad I didn't. I presently have 2 month remaining on the manufacturer's warranty and plan to purchase the 6 year/100k mile extended warranty from a third party. I want the extra protection being that I do plan on keeping it a long time.
  • p996p996 Posts: 56
    It's an 2003 with 33k miles.

They will let me have it for 46k. No paint work and drives ok.

This is in Florida BTW.

Any info would be great! Thanks!

Also, what does the 30k service entitle and how much $$ does it cost?

James
    The Edmunds Maintenance Guide will tell you what service the manufacturer advises at 30k and it'll give you an estimate of how much it should cost in your zip code.

You can also do an Appraisal of that '03 from the Used Car tab on the main Edmunds.com page.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

I don't think people are getting them for what Edmunds thinks they should be.

That is why I asked everybody else what they bought their 03's for.

Thanks!
    Some recent buyers should be along this weekend.

Meanwhile, you may want to ask the pros what they think it's worth over in the Real-World Trade-In Values discussion.

Steve, Host

• We had an 2003 with about 20K that we let go for $52k so that sounds like an ok price to me depending options and colors.

What are the options on it and what are the colors.

The 30k service is covered under your schedualed matience program don't worry about it. Are you buying it from a land rover dealer or some where else?
    Is 33k miles a lot for a Range Rover?

I know my C6 Corvette feels and sounds (with all the rattles and creaking) old at only 10k miles.
  • Galves opens at 27,500 miles for a 2003 so the one you are looking at has miles that are a little higher then average but not much.
  • "You do not want to have to deal with an air suspension failure without the warranty"

What about building into one's offer a 4K deduction for the highly probable air suspension work? Then, throw out the entire system and replace with coils all around, four new , premium shocks, re-bush the front suspension and be set for life?
  • I haven't seen a complete air suspension failure on the current generation Range Rover so how probable it is I don't know. I know that there is a coil spring conversion kit around for the previous generatons of range rover but I don't think anything is out yet for the 2003 and up generation. Who would want to own a Range Rover with out air suspension that is probably the coolest thing about the vehicle. Thinking about it more since the new range rovers use a fully independent suspension with cross linked air valves I don't think you could go to a coil spring conversion on them.

I really doubt there is anyway they would accept a 4000 dollar deduction for that. You would just be better off buying the extended warranty to 100K if you plan to keep the vehicle that long.