Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Range Rover

Comments

• british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    Yeah most modern cars have black boxes in them now that will tell investigators how fast someone was traveling and if they had their foot on the brakes when they wrecked.

Cars that have GPS navigation have even more info stored in the computer.
  • emmons1emmons1 Posts: 3
    Hi all-
    I'm a LR enthusiast; my husband and I have owned our 97 Disco for 5 years and have had no complaints. Never have we had a better vehicle (on or off road). Now it's time to acquire another truck, and were interested in the RR.
    Could someone please tell me what towing capacity the RR has? We would probably buy one just 'off lease', so it would be a 03-05 that we would look at.
    Thanks!
    7,700 LBS if the trailer has built in trailer brakes but I would not tow all of that weight around on a regular basis.
  • susiegiosusiegio Posts: 3
    The speakers and stereo system were both completely upgraded and changed. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other major changes but I remember hearing that there were other minor items. My '03 was built in May of '03. I have had a hard time accepting that RR couldn't put automatic lights on the car. I know that the newer models have changed to automatic lights.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,940
    Ergonomics Aren't Us (Karl on Cars)

Feel free to comment over there. Or here. :shades:

Steve, Host
  • tiff3tiff3 Posts: 1
    I purchased a 06 my 7th rrover got the same software excuse the car stalls at 3 days old in two times with check engine light and i finally returned the car in a fight What is going on with your car????
  • sam818sam818 Posts: 127
    Did you have a transmission "jumping" problem? i.e. a jolt when shifting from 3 to 4 for example?
    Did the software update improve or eliminate the problem?
    Did they replace the car...no questions?

On my '06 SuperCharged, they eventually replaced a control module on the transmission itself (valve body) which they claim fixed it.
  • absintheabsinthe Posts: 2
    Greetings... I am considering buying a pre-owned 2005 Range Rover from a friend. It has only 7500 miles and I know it's been well taken care of... I've never owned any Land Rover before, and this seems like it could be the right car for me — I have twin 3 year old boys and I definitely need to move on from my 1996 Volvo 850R, much as I'll miss it.

I'd be interested in any comments or things I should be particularly wary of regarding this vehicle. I'm also interested to know about the quality of the extended warranty. Volvo's extended warranty was a great deal for me...

Thanks!
  • psa1psa1 Posts: 2
    I have an '06 Supercharged Range Rover that is doing the same "jumping". The first time it did it I thought I had been hit from behind. Then the Transmission Fault Limited Gears came up on my dash. I had it flatbeded to the nearest dealership and it took them about 4 days to get it back to me and now it is doing the same thing again. It does only seem to happen in low gears but I should be able to drive at 30 mph without jerking all over. I would really like to get it fixed once and for all.

I would like to know how many people have this problem and if it is only with the Supercharged.
    What is your VIN #?
    Mine ended in 214333.
    In my case, after several tries to re program the transmission they ended up replacing a "Control Valve Body"... I can get you the part # if you wish.
    I think it was some type of solenoid which controlled the changing of the gears.
    Land Rover was involved in the repair of mine, so I am sure your dealer can track this problem.
    My car was out of action for over 30 days, so I really had a possible "lemon" claim. It seems to be OK now, but I am very sensitive to any slight "roughness" in the gear change, in which case if it comes back, I will ask for a replacement.
    There was a range of VIN #'s ..earlier than mine, where there was some "moisture" issue in the transmission fluid. The TSB called for changing the fluid and re programing. You might want to check to see if yours is in that VIN range first.
    This is my 3rd Range Rover from the new series, and the 1st one I have ever had any problems with. I still believe very much in the vehicle...it's unfortunate that it's the $90k one which seems to have the first problem.
    Link to information 2007 Range Rover:
    New Diesel V8, new interior, instrumentation, new trim and dashboard, cooled seats, electronic parking brake, Terrain Response, revised stereo.

http://www.easier.com/view/News/Motoring/Land_Rover/article-52932.html

• tyresmokertyresmoker Posts: 266
    Interesting..But that diesel is not for the US market.
    There will be a diesel Range Rover before the end of the decade though either that diesel or some other design.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,940
    Land Rover North America has resurrected the exclusive Westminster badge on a limited run of 2006 Range Rovers.

$100K Range Rover Westminster Rises to the Top (Inside Line)

Steve, Host
  • jslr27jslr27 Posts: 5
    Hi Everyone,
    I am trying to get some information on the Range Rover HSE and Supercharged. Whenever I go to Land Rover USA and build a Supercharged, I don't get the option of having the Luxury Package. But when I build an HSE, the option is available. However, I've seen an RR Supercharged with the Luxury Package Headrests (non-Westminister). I really want to get a car with all the bells and whistles since I plan to keep it for a long time and the Luxury Pkg. really makes the interior look great. Does anyone know why the Luxury Package($5000 option) is not available on Land Rover's top model? I don't want to get the Westminister, since I really want the Giverny Green color with Ivory Interior and American Cherry Wood.

Also, is the Supercharged worth the extra money compared tot the HSE? The price difference between the two is very little.

Thanks in advance.
    Supercharged Range Rovers have luxury interior. The only options on the Supercharged Range Rover are Rear Seat Entertainment and satellite radio.

If you can find a supercharged ragne Rover go for it but it may be hard. I think we only have one 2006 Supercharged Range Rover that is not presold and they are all months away. We don't even know when we will be able to order 2007 models and what the prices will be.
    Typically, when do they allow you to order the next years model (i.e. 2007) and when do the first models arrive in the US?
    I thought June/July was the normal arrival time.
    Well typically for Rovers the first new Model Year cars come in around September/October.

If they are doing a big redesign or introducing a new model then that can change. For example when the New Range Rover was introduced as a 2003 MY it was introduced in the middle of CY 2002.

The 2006 MY Range Rover Sport was introduced in July of 2005.
  • jslr27jslr27 Posts: 5
    Is the luxury interior in the Supercharged different than in the HSE then? Because if you look at a non-lux HSE, the headrest is different than in the HSE with lux. In the SC, the headrest looks exactly the same as in the HSE non-lux. However, I found one SC model at LR North Point's Pre-Owned Inventory that had the different headrest. Can one order this headrest separately, then?

Sorry for being vague, I'm just really confused as to how these options are arranged in correspondence to the vehicle type.

Also, has anyone seen a SC in Giverny Green, how does the color look in the SC?

Thanks in advance.
    Well there are two different head rest designs depending on if the vehicle is equiped with the Rear Seat Entertainment option.

As for different interiors between the two cars there are not but...

The SC Range Rover can be had with two interiors that you cannot find on a HSE Lux range rover.

Those two interiors are Jet/Jet/Jet which means Jet as in black seating surfaces piping and carpet.

The other interior is Ivory/Jet/Jet

Both of these interiors have perforated, but not cooled although that is changing for 2007, leather seating surfaces.