Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Range Rover

Comments

• pfolkpfolk Posts: 70
    And the reason it should take so @#@#@ long to get here is?????

Low sulfur diesel is available now and Land Rover already has the transmission and drive train figured out. Another lost opportunity to capitalize on changing consumer wants and needs!
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Hi, everyone. As you've probably noticed, we have been trying to refine the discussions into more narrowly focussed topics. Our objective is twofold. We want to make it easier for people seeking specific information about their vehicles to find it easily and without having to wade through hundreds or thousands of postings.

To those ends, we will be shutting down the general make/model discussions and work exclusively with specific issues. This requires us to populate the make/model subsections with relevant, interesting and timely topics. Rather than having the hosts simply create boilerplate topics for each make/model, we feel that you, the owner, the make/model enthusiast and the prospective buyer can best judge what those topics should be.

You can help by adding a discussion (it's easy!) or suggesting one here.

To add a discussion, click on the last link in the "You are here" line at the top of this page. That will take you to the topic page for this make/model. Review the list of topics and click on the "Add discussion" link when you've decided what topic you'd like to add. Follow the directions and you're done! Feel free to add more than one. Just avoid duplicating existing topics and try not to make it TOO specific!

Your help and continued participation in the Forums is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
  • I am considering buying a Range Rover S/C and will want to put some proper tires on it. I have had very good luck with the BFG AT/KO in the past. If my info is correct the S/C comes with 255/55 20's. The closest BFG tire is a 285/55/20. Is that size going to work, or is it too big? Does anyone know of any other "real" all terrain tires that will fit on a '06 or '07 RR S/C. If worse come to worse I guess I could switch to the regular RR's 19" wheel, or will that interfere with the larger brakes on the S/C ???
  • the 19 inch wheels from the Range Rover HSE will fit fine around the brembos. I know several people who have done this. You just need to buy the 19 inch wheel lug nut as they are different then the 20 inch wheel lug nuts.
  • dandrews1dandrews1 Posts: 184
    Not sure why you would want 20" offroad tyres?

I have the 19" tires, and am thinking of going to a 16" steel rim with a high profile tyre for offroad use.

I was under the impression that when you have tyres that large, you limit your ability to deflate the tyre, and the mag rim is seriously exposed to rock damage.

I never really thought about it but would there be issues putting a smaller rim on with the discs?

/DA
  • omg, those are some amazing videos!!!

just another reason....british rover, you're in sales for Land Rover aren't you? Do you guys ever promote the tax break for small business owners? I just found out about that through the landrover.com site and was blown away

Big tax break and a cool yet capable SUV is an unbeatable combo, I sent those youtube links to tons of people
    Please go to the group top level and create a discussion that fits your comments/questions or post in an existing discussion.

Land Rover
    Enjoy!

tidester, host
  • I have a 06 Range Rover, and a Blackberry Pearl. I am not able to connect via bluetooth to my RR.
    Recently I loaned a 07 LR3 and I could connect. I then tried other cell phones and not one came up with "LAND ROVER" while seaching in my car.
    Is there a problem, is it possible that I have no bluetooth signal in my RR? Any thoughts on how to activate it in the RR?
    Thanks
  • mrtoad3mrtoad3 Posts: 68
    Can anyone direct me to the manufacturer that can supply winter (snow) tires for my '05 RR with 255/55/19's? I don't want to go as far as Goodyear MT/R's but the other options I found are not going to cut it in deep snow.
    Any suggestions? Help.

Thanks.
  • esfesf Posts: 1,020
    Love the Range Rover. It's beautiful, it's ultra-luxurious, it's fast (I think).

My wife was "supposed" to get a new car this month. We were going to special-order an Audi A8. My son, who is also a gearhead, turned her onto the Range Rover Sport. When I drove it, I wasn't expecting much- I thought it would be heavy, ungainly, uncomposed. I never thought much of Range Rovers. When I drove it, I thought it drove better than the Cayenne S we had driven earlier in the day. Maybe that has something to do with preconceptions and expectations, but I'll leave it alone.

Of course, she's not getting a new car any more. No, it's not because my worth fell through; it's because she wants a new house this year instead. Whoopee (in all honesty, I can't wait to move into the home we're looking at). But, I have decided that she really will get a new car next year. But after reading all the horrible reliability ratings for the Range Rover Sport, I'd rather give a used (think one or two years old) Range Rover HSE a try. Reliability is key here, because she has a Lexus now, and refuses to buy another, for reasons unknown.

How is the reliability for the big ol' RR? It would be grand if we ended up with it; we're also considering an '07 S550 4Matic (also used) if she wants a sedan. I'd love personal experiences with the machine.

'06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet • '04 Lexus RX330
  • esfesf Posts: 1,020
    This is confusing. I should've proof-read it.

We had driven the Range Rover Sport and Cayenne S last year; the settle on the A8 was eventual. We've been done with the RR-S for awhile.

'06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet • '04 Lexus RX330
  • I have a 1989 Classic Range Rover and looking to purchase mud tires...will the 30x9.5x15 tires work? I do not have a lift.
  • Err that is an interesting question and would probably be better answered on a Classics specific board.

Try Range Rovers . net (Without the spaces) and then check out the classis 1970-1995 Range Rover forum.
  • :lemon:
    Don't let anyone you know buy one. Take it from someone paying the price.
  • kmm04kmm04 Posts: 3
    What kind of problems are you having gravity404? We brought an '06 RR HSE with 6k miles on it in July. We have had it in the shop 4 TIMES! The suspension light comes on and the gets stuck in the up or down position. The next error message states not to drive over 30 miles and hour. A terrible experience and the dealer is not trying to take the car back. Anyone else with this problem??? Any suggestions?
  • b5309b5309 Posts: 1
    I've heard from several places and people that the maintenance for the Range Rover is a real pain, and I was wondering if anyone with a Range Rover could attest to that. If they could explain what kind of problems they have had with the vehicle, how serious they were, and how bad their dealer stuck it to them, it would be greatly appreciated. Preferably more modern models of the car.
  • teamyonexteamyonex Posts: 42
    I've been a LR (Disco and now RR) guy for 13 years. The single common thread amongst all maintenance related issues seems to be (based on the forums I visit) the quality of one's dealer. People who drop big bucks on a Rangie expect the white glove treatment, and it just always isn't the case. I'm in the Seattle area and use Bellevue Land Rover, and they are SUPERIOR to the BMW and Porsche maintenance departments located within walking distance. With high end cars, choose the dealer wisely so your expectaions will be met. In terms of a dollar comparison, call around and ask for a price on a complete brake job (pads, wear sensors, rotors). It'll give you an indication of relative costs between brands.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,984

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• lauren33lauren33 Posts: 2
    :mad:
    We have a 2006 Range Rover...We had one that we turned in within 2 months due to noises and they gave us another and we have had in the shop over 6 times in 1 year.
    1. Noise coming from the A/C/Heat...It is like a soft siren that is associated with turning the heat/air on. It comes and goes.
    2. The radio sticks and sometimes doesn't work.
    3. The car comes to a jerking stop sometimes while slowing down to a stop.
    4. The engine fan broke (currently being replaced).
    We own the vehicle and are thinking about just selling it and buying another type of vehicle. Does anyone have these types of problems? The dealership acts like they have never seen any issues with any Range Rover, but everytime I am in there, I meet someone who is as angry or more than I am.
    Thanks!!!