Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minivans - Domestic or Foreign

Comments

• hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    2007 Sienna 3.5L V6 rated 266 HP and 245 lb-ft Torque vs 244 HP and 240 lb-ft Torque of 2007 Odyssey.
    The 4.0L V6 in the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica has 255 HP and 265 lb-ft Torque with 6 speed AT. Another source indicates this engine/transmission combination will be in the 2008 DC minivans that will probably be on sale in a few months (February, 2007). :shades:
    BTW, nice photos posted by thegraduate as well as the D3 button on the Odyssey not generally known by many people. ;)
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,231
    Honda has a dealer accessory for the self-dimming rear-view mirror that includes a compass. The outside temp is in the guage cluster (next to trip odo). The Touring includes a bunch of fuel mpg, dte type gadgets in the MID computer...but not on the EX-L. I've never found the dte, mpg, etc. to be accurate in my previous or current Dodges, so I guess I never got too excited about that feature. I'm a NAV fan so compass is pretty much like cassettes in my book :P

The only gear you can't lock the Ody into is 4th. I think 4 and 5 are both OD gears and are very close in ratio, so 4 really wouldn't do much anyway.
  • aaron_taaron_t Posts: 301
    While it would be risky to wait until 08 MY DCX vans hit the dealer lots, there should be plenty of information and reviews of pre-production models to get the info on what features they will have. I'll be in the market for a replacement minivan next summer myself, so I've been trying to get all the info I can on the 08 DCX vans. I don't have too much and have a lot of questions still unanswered. I work for an automotive supplier that has one of the 08 DCX vans to test, but it is masked up and I don't personally know the people on that project.
  • dennisctcdennisctc Posts: 1,168
    My company will be supplying some really unique items to the 08 DCX Minivan, I really can't say anything though! I can say they are features that will be copied by others. My only reservations is buying a first model year of any vehicle! Nice thing with 08 DCX Minivan is that many of the major components won't be brand new i.e...new V6/tranny is in producton for Pacifica. The power Stow N Go will be a hit, and the cup warmer/coolers too!!
    Can you say when your company will be sending these unique items to DC?
    I was told by a sales manager at a local DC dealership that the 2008 GC and 2008 T&C will be in dealer showrooms in late January or early February 2007...in like manner that the redesigned 2005 models appeared in early 2006. :shades:
  • Sorry hansienna, but the dealers know nothing about the intro date for the '08 vans. They are totally in the dark, I promise. I hope it's early '07, but I doubt it.
  • fx35awdfx35awd Posts: 218
    Yeah, I thought the new model release usually comes out in September and possibly as early as July, but I have not seen it being release in January. Who knows they might say that to get you down to their dealership and possibly convince you to buy an '07 with all the available attractive incentives that your temptation might give in. I would call them first or tell them to give you a call when it comes in so you will not waste your time. Just my suggestion. :)
  • dennisctcdennisctc Posts: 1,168
    I was just told by DCX engineer that introduction is set for 07 North American Autoshow in Detroit, in January with production of summer 07.
    I was at the DC dealership getting an oil and oil filter change for my daughter's T&C LX and while there I asked a sales manager when the 2008 models would arrive. He did not try to high pressure me or sell me a new vehicle. ;)
  • Sales managers at car dealerships generally have a longevity of about 3-6 months before they get blown out. They no nothing about product; only how to make money off you. I have known a few long-serving sales managers, but not many. Most are completely ignorant of product knowledge.
  • zoozeekzoozeek Posts: 32
    Just test-drove an 06 EX. Nice around town, but rather loud engine noise and uncertain, jumpy transmission on the highway. Is the 07 better in these respects?
  • cpsdarrencpsdarren Posts: 265
    I doubt they've improved anything in that regard. I think the mid cycle refresh is 2008.

You might try another Odyssey. Those two issues are not typical complaints you hear. Road and tire noise are quite prevalent at highway speed on various pavement, but I never noted wind or engine noise to be notably worse than the competition.
  • cpsdarrencpsdarren Posts: 265
    Plus, figure 6-12 months before the various recalls and reliability issues are resolved for most first year models. Also, for those concerned about safety, crash tests aren't usually available on brand new models for at least a few months after introduction. While Kia managed top scores with it's second generation minivan, the class originator still hasn't managed to do so after numerous updates. If 2008 is "all-new", I'd consider waiting for a late 2008, a 2009 or buy something that is already at least a year into its current design. Just my preference, I know others love having the newest thing so YMMV.
    I have driven more than 1 Odyssey EX of different years and I never noticed a loud engine or uncertain, jumpy transmission anywhere...city or highway. :shades:
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Glad to see the Odyssey is getting this long overdue feature. Who else in the minivan field offers this?
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    "Glad to see the Odyssey is getting this long overdue feature. Who else in the minivan field offers this?"

Sienna for one. On most (if not all) of their trim levels. They have since the '05s were released.
    The 2004 Sienna also had the tilt and telescopic steering wheel which I saw on March 31, 2003 when I also picked up the 2004 Sienna brochure. ;)
    Doh! That's right - I dunno why I was thinking the current generation Sienna began with the '05 models.
  • If it breaks don't plan on having Honda fix it, I've had so many problems with my Honda and they pay for very little. Even wrote to Japan, obviously the H has nothing to do with honor
    "If it breaks don't plan on having Honda fix it..."

That hasn't been my experience with either a noisy door slider (fixed) or noisy brakes (fixed per Honda issued TSB) on our '05 Odyssey.

Both issues resolved immediately upon being mentioned to the service writer at our local Honda dealer. And we didn't even BUY our Honda from this dealer.