Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minivans - Domestic or Foreign

Comments

• jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Anybody ever buy a vehilce with a 30year/300,000 mile warranty?

Perhaps a car with a 50year/500,000 mile warranty would be more economical?

The car could be advertised as ,"The Alpha and Omega Car...The first AND last car you'll ever need. From cradle to grave....and everything inbetween" :cry:
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,231
    Jeesh. We get bored in 12 months or so, I'd go crazy owning a vehicle that long.
  • artgpoartgpo Posts: 483
    Kia factory warranty on ALL models is 10 years/100,000 miles. It is on the powertrain and applies only to the original owner.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    This was an extra warranty purchase. Who drives the same car 20 years though?
  • 97xpresso97xpresso Posts: 249
    A new post on the Ford Freestar Forum. First one since 1/30/06
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    WHOA! Finally!
    I get tired of my cars by the time 90,000 miles roll around. I push it to just under 100K and then I trade them and start all over again...
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    Reminds me of an old saying "Drive your car as fast as it will go every time you drive and it will last your life time". (That was before the Odyssey came out with all the passive safety and restraint systems :shades: )
  • temp409temp409 Posts: 55
    The only thing is- you HAVE to have it serviced where you bought the Kia (Grindstaff) which we will do since its close and they charge no extra for oil chance ect. I do love the look of my 01 caravan better but Kias rear shoulder staps catch and thats what matters to me and kids. Caravan is crap as far as rear shoulder strap seatbelts almost killed my daughter. But it did look good and if that is all that matters to ya get you a caravan.
    NHTSA has NOT supported the claim that Caravan/Grand Caravan rear shoulder straps don't catch.
    Almost every Town Hall member has also written that the "jerk test" does not test whether a shoulder belt will lock or not.
    There is always the possibility that equipment in one or 2 vehicles of any brand will fail to work properly.

Buy a Kia if you don't want a minivan preferred by most minivan buyers.
  • phillymomphillymom Posts: 30
    Thanks for all the previous feedback about Kia or Dodge.
    I found a 05 Kia we really like but I do like the new 06 better (especially with the floor fold seats and larger cargo area). The price difference is alot. We can get a 05 EX with leather, sunroof ect for 21,500 with the rebate. Unsure if I should just hold out for a really good 2006 deal??

Also if they are offering a $4750 rebate do I still try to talk down more on the price?

TIA for any advice :)
  • phillymomphillymom Posts: 30
    Where did you find out they are offering 20/200 for the 2005s at no extra cost? Thanks
  • philliplcphilliplc Posts: 136
    IMO that's WAY too much to pay for an outgoing model that depreciates quickly anyway, even if it is loaded. when the 06's first hit around here (oregon) you could get a new 05 EX with no options as low as $15k when dealers were closing them out.

going price around here seems to be $22k for 06 EX without leather or sunroof and <$20k for 06 LX. i haven't priced leather/sunroof 06 EX's, but i'd personally hold out for an 06, unless you can get a *much* better deal on that 05.
    You shouldn't pay $20,000 or more for that car; it was outdated last year when the 06s were released. They will be dragging those off the lots, and I wouldn't let them push you to deal for more than $20k. If they don't go lower, shop elsewhere.
    Take the rebate off the invoice price. Then take at least another thousand off that, cause those 05's are gathering cobwebs . Tax and lisence only...no dealer fees.
  • 97xpresso97xpresso Posts: 249
    If you read the Kia problems board, you'll find many posts about how Kia dosn't honor their 10/100,000 warranty, you can forget about 20/200,000 miles. There are tons (pun intended) of 05 Sedona's wasting away on Kia dealers lots. If you could find a left-over '05 Caravan, you would get a nice vehicle with a real 7/70,000 mile powertrain warranty. I have not seen that there are any '05 DC vans left though.
  • Can anybody guess when 2007 Sienna might be available for purchase? Is it August 06? I can not find anything about 2007 Sienna yet...When did 06 Sienna come out to the dealership?
  • I will purchase an 06 Sienna to be shipped to Turkey since I will be stationed there. Does anybody have any experience with whether the basic warranty would be honored overseas?
    No major changes should happen to the Sienna this year...so drive a 2006 if you are curious of what the 07s will be like. They just did a model refresh.

If you knew that, I apologize; I'm just trying to be informative. :)
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,231
    I know many manufacturers have stopped honoring warranties on grey-market vehicles (originally sold in Canada and then transferred to US). Lots of odometer fraud going on. No idea about Turkey, but i'd get several opinions before pulling the trigger. Might you get a better deal by waiting and buying once on-site? I've seen that work out better due to various circumstances.
  • understand what you're saying...thanks...
    2006 Siennas appeared in Toyota dealerships in September, 2005. Production of the 2006 Siennas started in the USA the first full week after Labor Day.
    A Sienna owner's forum said that Toyota might be putting in the 3.5L into the Sienna but the current 3.3L is enough for me...
    That wouldn't surprise me, and it would be wise given the economy benefits. It would also take the power lead from Honda/Kia, and leave Chrysler in the dust (until the new model comes out in the near future)
  • temp409temp409 Posts: 55
    Is where we bought our Kia, 18,500 out the door, and if you take it there for service they honor the 20yr. 200,000 mile powertrain warranty if you take it elsewhere its 10 yr. 100,000 mile powertrain on our 05 kia sedonna. It also has the 5yr bumper to bumper w/roadside assistance:D Best part is of course the rear seatbelts :D
    I've never heard of a 20yr/200,000 mile warranty on a powertrain...much less on a cigarette lighter. Sounds like a good deal though.

The "best part" of my Mazda MPV is the raw unadulturated power. High end torque is unsurpassed. Mac, if you're still out there...I'll be waiting at exit 115 on interstate 65 for ya.
    of my Odyssey is the resale value. Even after 90,000 miles if I traded it in I could still get a figure between $9,000-$11,000. I doubt you could get that kind of resale on a 2002 Grand Caravan, Sedona, or Venture. (The Sienna maybe, but the rest of them I doubt it)

I also like the fold flat third row and the 3.5L VTEC that gets 25 MPG highway... :)
    Even though I know you are being incredibly sarcastic (big surprise on this board, after all), that you at least have the 200 hp motor, and not the 160 hp MPV!
    We got a trade in value of $13,000 on our 2000 Odyssey EX w/40,000 miles on it last november (2005). 66 months and 40,000 miles only cost us $13,000. Not too bad!
    Mazda advertises their minivans as, "The Mazda MPV...the body of a minivan, the soul of a sports car." I don't think Mazda could say that unless it were true...consumer protection laws and all ya know. ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM :shades: