Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Mazda
image2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Mazda CX-5 went in to the dealer for its 15,000-mile service.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    The more I read about this vehicle, the more I like it. They got the details right.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    You can always tell which vehicles are your favorites. 15k on the clock six months in? You'll be tickling 30,000 miles at the end of its tour.
  • 7driver7driver Member Posts: 145
    @greenpony: Maybe, maybe not. Summer travel season is over. The next six months is all part of the school year, not to mention shorter days come daylight savings.
  • pat_the_ratpat_the_rat Member Posts: 4
    i have a 2014 CX5. So far it's been a good car for the most part, but at about 20k miles the front rotors started vibrating. i lived with it for a while till about 27k miles when i had to get it inspected and asked them to look at the brakes. mechanic said it needed tires and that was probably why it was vibrating. not true. still did it after getting 4 new tires. took it back in a month later and they said the rotors were "visibly warped" and not covered under warranty. So why didn't they see this a month before when i asked them to look at it? charged me $90 to look at it. service manager heard me complain about having my car in for inspection and asking them to look at it then. she refunded my $90 (thank you!). i decided to replace the rotors myself with new ones from NAPA ($60 each as opposed to Mazada's $90 each). 6k miles later it's vibrating again so I'm guessing it's either the Mazda brake pads or something's mechanically wrong with the calipers that's causing them to eat rotors. not happy. i'll get the original rotors resurfaced and replace the pads next. if that doesn't fix it i may just trade it. this is [non-permissible content removed] for a new car.