Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Here's the 2014 Mazda CX-5 fuel economy update for October.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    It is important for the automotive press to not just praise Mazda for decent EPA numbers but for engineering its cars to actually deliver on those numbers in the real world. Perhaps its because the skyactiv package is really just a refinement of relatively established approaches. So many manufacturers are achieving their lofty EPA numbers by putting undersized engines in cars and turbocharging them, or with CVTs or automatic transmissions encouraged to upshift as soon as possible. All of these amount to tricks that take advantage of the EPA test cycle but end up under-delivering when it comes to real world driving. When the turbocharged engine has to spend most of its time in heavy boost, or the CVT or automatic has to be driven aggressively to keep up with traffic you end up missing EPA numbers by a lot. It seems like the new crop of Mazdas get similar efficiency on the EPA test and in the real world. Consumers need to know this. (The EPA should know this too.)
  • yeachyeach Member Posts: 9
    22 MPG on last tank with winter tires on.
    26 MPG on the previous tanks.
    All city driving, no highway mileage to increase MPG.
    CX-5GT AWD.
  • consumer77consumer77 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to update your readers with the information that the information display on my 2014 CX-5 GT purchased Nov 2013 has a curved fuel gauge that does not match the straight left to right fuel gauge shown here in these photos. My fuel gauge curves down towards the middle and back up again to match the display itself. Looks better in my opinion curved.
    Also there is a new straight transmission gate with a leather boot around the shifter. It is also a much better improvement.