Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 Hatchback

Comments

• mazda6smazda6s Posts: 1,901
    http://www.grohol.com/mazda/mazda6_hatchback4.jpg

Is this the Volcanic Red we've been hearing about?
    http://grohol.com/mazda/MAZDA05.jpg

Does anybody recognize the city in the background? (hint: the two tallest buildings)
    Or is that just a fake backdrop?
  • jeffm2jeffm2 Posts: 16
    Thansk for you answers...I finally figured out how to ask the question the right way, and got the answer Id been looking for. They can place the order as long as Im comfortable not having the exact price ahead of time.

I guess this as another lesson in communication.
  • rock44xrock44x Posts: 78
    All MAZDA6 5-Door feature 17-inch, five-spoke alloy wheels and 215/50R17 V-rated all season tires as standard and both have height-adjustable head rests at all four positions.
    All MAZDA6 5-Doors come standard with a sport package, which in addition to 17-inch wheels includes aggressive front and rear fascias, integrated fog lights, side sill extensions, rear wing, oval-tipped exhaust outlets and titanium-look power window switch panels. All 5-Doors also have a body-colored sport grille and rear wiper/washer.Standard seat-mounted side-impact airbags protect the chest, neck and head of front occupants. An optionally available side-curtain airbag system adds additional protection from side impacts for both front and rear occupants and deploys from the outer edges of the headliner.

info from:
    http://www.triplezoom.com/news/publish/printer_97.shtml
    The press release you quoted is misleading with respect to the SAB/SAC option on the 5-door, and your paraphrasing made it even more misleading.
    For the 5-door, SAB and SAC are optional, part of the Security Package on the 'i' model and a stand-alone option on the 's' model (subject to allowable option combos).
    The Wagon may be different though, I don't know about that. They may have actually made SAB standard on the Wagon with SAC as an option, though this doesn't make much sense and doesn't fit with Mazda's option packaging as far as I've seen.
  • draymond2draymond2 Posts: 134
    Anyone have any info on any new color choices??
    http://www.grohol.com/mazda/mz6_specs_5door.pdf

6 color choices

Blazing Copper Metallic
    Glacier Silver Metallic
    Lapis Blue Metallic
    Onyx Black
    Steel Gray Metallic
    Volcaic Red (a true hot red like the rx-8 or Atenza 23z )
    I believe you and I have read the press releases, but I have the actual dealer order info and it's very clear on this. Press releases often get details like that a little mixed up.

I wish they would make it standard though. It would make it easier to find one with the options I want.
    Are the 5-doors in full production?
  • wongpreswongpres Posts: 422
    'Are the 5-doors in full production?'

Not yet, next Monday (Feb 2). Wagon to start two weeks after that.
  • isn't in FULL production ... yet. Last wk the #'s increased daily. We'll be @ "full" soon. ;-)
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    We have a good customer and edmunds regular who's new h/b is scheduled to be built on Feb 9th. Plz make sure it gets built by the best workers ;)
  • You have my e-mail...if you'd like I could, follow the h/b thru the plant. The quality @ AAI is extremely high. My concern is with NAFTA. Vehicles are being made with parts assembled in The Philippines, China, Mexico, etc. etc. It's called "free trade", only thing that's free about it is the labor to make these parts. During Bush's term, Ohio alone has lost over 1/4 million jobs. But "All Americans will have jobs" can you say "would you like fries with your meal?" p.s. to cover MY dupa....I know Clinton had nafta passed.
  • Sorry for being off-topic, but since you seem to work at Flat Rock perhaps you can tell me how long it takes these days between an order-out at the dealers and an MZ6 (sedan) rolling off the line. I ordered last week, but am concerned that the attractive incentives now on the sedans might vanish by delivery time.

On second thought maybe I'm only half off-topic, as the same would apply to the hatchbacks.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,570
    Did they do anything definitive to fix the door sash "stain" issue?

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• I'm unable to quote dates or make a remark about the "stain", because I'm not in Supervision. Mazda has replied to the "stain" issue. I'd rather not get involved. It appears as though the issue has been rectified. Please forgive that I'm bowing out on this subject.
  • It's Melbourne, Mates!
    and I don't mean Florida:

http://www.skyscraperpage.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4932

Oh... and by the way... I kept bugging Mazda via email to see if they would have foldaway mirrors on the 6 and they said no... and wouldn't even tell me how I could order them from Europe if I decided to buy the 6.
    Now in their last email, they are maybe thinking about offering them.
    This is New York and I don't want my mirrors knocked off when I'm parked in the city!
    I see many cars parked in the city with side mirrors broken off!!! People who can, fold their mirrors.

Maybe if more people bug Mazda...

Why should they shortchange us out of features that are on the Europe and Asian market vehicles just so they can save a few bucks because our government has fewer guidelines on cars?
  • markjennmarkjenn Posts: 1,142
    Melbourne - very cool, wish I was there right now.

When you say "folding mirrors" are you talking about manually folding ones, or the electrically folders under driven control that they put on Europe and Japan cars.

If you're talking about the former, I thought the car has them.

If you're talking about the later, then Mazda simply doesn't want to put a feature on a car that is costly but that would appeal to only a tiny segment of the market taking their cars to Costco and Barnes and Noble in suburban America. Standard cost/feature tradeoff - don't take it personally. Every other mfg feels the same way, so it's not Mazda ignoring the market.

- Mark
    Melbourne i agree
    the m3 has foldaway mirrors standard on them,
    and the mirrors are about the same size if the electrical work is the same maybe you can replace the m6 with the m3 mirrors it sound like some you can try or e-mail mazda uk for part info, it is do able
    check out:
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/346706/13
  • markjennmarkjenn Posts: 1,142
    I do not believe any US spec M3 has ever had electrically folding mirrors. I've heard the M5 has them stock, but this is a $80K car.

I'm not aware of any other US spec car which has them standard.

It is an option on a few US spec MB products, typically in a $1300 option package.

- Mark