Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XM & Sirius Satellite Radio

1505152535456»

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,956
    edited April 2013
    Ya, Detroit Electric hasn't had much buzz around here yet.

Detroit Electric and China's Geely Announce Strategic Partnership

Detroit Electric Recharged With 2014 SP:01

Detroit Electric Sports Car Teased Ahead of 2013 Shanghai Auto Show

We may get it, but it sounds like it's mostly for the Chinese market.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

Apparently this free trial is for those with used cars with built-in Sirius radios.

SiriusXM

No obligation, no credit card needed, but you have to call to cancel after two months or you'll get billed.

Is there a free week promotion going on? Was punching buttons on the radio two nights ago and Sirius popped, and not just the preview channel. It's still on two days later. Unfortunately the Coffee House channel seems to have lost some of its appeal.

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,815
    Love my XM radio and got a good price for it, $90 for the year but not sure I'll keep it past the end of February if the price goes up...it's not worth it for more than $10/month to me since I've got a lot of cd's and a flash drive with about 900 songs I really love. Really like the 6 presets I have and never knowing what song is coming on next. Come the beginning of February, I'll be calling to see what kind of deal I can get and like I said, if it's over what I am paying now, I'll just cancel it...easy peasy!

The Sandman

2015 Audi A3 (wife)/2015 Golf SE (me)/2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatch (daughter #1)/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,972
    @sandman, just tell them you will renew if you can get the same deal you currently have.
  • slorenzenslorenzen Posts: 361

@sandman, just tell them you will renew if you can get the same deal you currently have.

They're all hungry to keep customers!

I called Dish to cancel, as they were raising the price by $5/month.

Told them I now had Charter available and they'd give me the same package for 29.99/month.

They said they'd match it, but I said they had to beat it. I now have Dish for 24.99/month for the next year.

Ha, just got a letter from Sirius telling me my free trial is expiring. Would have been nice if they had told me I was getting a free trial in the first place. I just happened to notice one day.

Without the letter, it likely would have taken me a week or three to notice.

free Sirius through Dec 2.
  • berriberri Posts: 4,275
    If you have the patience for all the DJ blabbing :@
    I like having the DJ 's without the other than Sirius other channel commercials. :)
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,815
    Still love my XM but it's really only worth the $8.25/month I am paying. Not sure I'd stay if they raise the price too much...we'll just have to see what happens come mid February!

The Sandman :) B)

2015 Audi A3 (wife)/2015 Golf SE (me)/2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatch (daughter #1)/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

"Some Sirius XM customers, who were charged for satellite radio service they didn't want, can now apply for a refund.

Sirius XM agreed Friday to pay $3.8 million to settle complaints that it misled customers with its advertising and billing practices. The money will be split among 46 states and the District of Columbia. Those in four states, California, Hawaii, Wyoming and New York, can't apply for a refund, Sirius said.

State attorneys general said customers complained that it was difficult to cancel their Sirius XM contracts, and some said that Sirius XM automatically renewed contracts without asking."

Sirius XM to Pay $3.8 Million to Settle Complaints (ABC)