Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Venture Owners: Meet the Members

2»

Comments

• Claire@EdmundsClaire@Edmunds Chicago areaPosts: 968
    Hi, hubbie,

I've moved your post to the Chevrolet Van Problems & Solutions discussion, where you're more likely to get an answer.

Claire

HOST

• andrewehandreweh Posts: 1
    Hi. I haven't owned a Venture before but I found this one and it seems to be in great shape with 178000 kms! The van just had complete new brakes, new strut mounts (rubber pieces at top of front struts), the intake manifold gasket replaced, four new tires installed, and a four wheel alignment. We have a severe road salt induced rust problem here in Nova Scotia so I was thrilled to find one practically rust free! We are relocating to Alberta soon and I wanted something larger than my '99 Jetta to haul a Uhaul trailer. I think this will fit the bill. Any suggestions for prepping this van for a 5700 km trip? Thanks for all the useful information on this board!
  • Hi,
    I am new and have owned my 97 Venture for over 4 years. My wife and I love it for the most part. We have had the typical 3.4L intake issue and for the most part that is really it. I am new to the forum because just yesterday started having problems with my A/C. Hopefully some responses to my posting will prove to be helpful since I don't really want to put it in a shop since I am very particular about who works on my vehicles. My van has around 112,000 miles and still starts, runs and drives beautifully. I know the front struts are ready for replacement again but it is a small price to pay for a paid for vehicle that consistently gives me decent mileage and room for the entire family (6).
  • scott78scott78 Posts: 3
    I also dislike shops...best way is to find a good independent AC man and let him fix it.
    I love y Venture, 2002 with 89,000 miles.
    Having been in the car business for the 20 years I have driven em all as demos...this is as good or better than all of them.
    Scott
  • We own a 2000 Chevy Venture LS. Bought it in 2001 with 16k on it.... now has over 120k. Besides current fire cracker noise that has recently started we have had no negative issues other than basic wear and tear all vehicles incur.
    Your friends in TN
  • wdusonwduson Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the wheel well size on a 97 Venture? I kno 22" wheels will fit, but im not sure of the maximum wheel width that it can have without rubbing.
  • Hi
    Smithy from Pittsburgh here.
    Photographer and musician.
    I drive a 2000 Astro.
    It's been to the Grand Canyon,Up Mt Washington in NH,
    Here's my oldest son taking it up our hill
    Photobucket

Recently my Darling Daughter put me in charge of repairs on her 2002 venture.
2»
This discussion has been closed.