Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Venture Care and Maintenance

Comments

• Just creaped past my 3000 mile oil change with the dash light for change oil coming on, when a lifter started to clatter when the engine first starts up. Did a engine flush and then a oil change. I also added a oil detergent to the oil to help reduce the sludge that builds up. Now all gone.

Just a reminder to change you oil with cold weather season comming on I guess.
  • I have a 1997 chevy venture. I just had a tune up done and a fuel injection cleaning service done. It bucks at 50-60mph, The shop told me this will cause the bucking it might be the injections starting to get plug. This is starting to become a real head bannger. :sick: It does not do it alot but it does it once in a while. Can someone help me please.

Thanks Happy Holidays to all
    :)
  • Thanks for the information. That what happen to my and did a oil change and it stp the knocking. Thanks for the information
    :)
  • bought '94 astro conversion 4 months ago-have found all fluid fill tubes/reseviors except power steering-is canister on wall between engine compartment & cabin(has belt routing diagram on it)the p.s. resevior?-van came w/no manual-i'm clueless-thanks
  • hwy70hwy70 Posts: 2
    I have a 99 astro 2WD and suffering from the bucking problem.
    I have had the following done.
    Engine bucks at 65mph, 45 mph
    1. fuel system change
    2. Fuel pump change
    3. new wires,cap, rotor and spark plugs
    4. New Injectors
    5. replace wire connector to dist. (Cure idel problem)

Will a bad crankshaft sensor cause this.

I am stump to the problem and wondering if anyone else has cure the engine bucking problem.
  • mark103mark103 Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 Astro LS but don't have the owner's manual.
    Does anyone know the procedure to replace low beam headlamp? Or...where to get that info??
    Thanks for your help..
    Mark
  • dkproffdkproff Posts: 1
    Did you ever get a response? I have a 2000 Astro LS and the owner's manual, but it has the wrong pictures/instructions for the LS with the lowbeam 9006 headlight.
    Dave
  • mark103mark103 Posts: 2
    I figured it out and then found the manual of course. (also an on-line manual at GM) Haven't looked in it though to see if it was correct!
    Thanks for the response..
    Mark
  • avtechavtech Posts: 1
    Hello,
    Did you ever find the problem with this 99 astro van bucking problem?
  • homermedichomermedic Posts: 10
    I have a 2002 Venture. Ever since changing my heads & gasket, same thing. No leaks on the engine. No smoke out the tail pipe? Went back to the mechanic, he said it was "stuck rings". Put some "anti-stuck ring" stuff in the spark plug ports, let it sit for awile to free it up.
    It didn't work.
  • simonr4simonr4 Posts: 1
    I have a 1996 Astro Glaval conversion. I have developed a leak on the top hose "as you look under the hood its situated on the right side of the rad" i have lost heat in the cabin, i have checked the levels and topped up the fluid, but to no avail but the rad is cold and the hoses are hot, and the temp gauge seems to be in tolerance, i think either the Rad is blocked or there is an airlock... is there a bleed valve on this version? any help would be gratefully recieved.
  • The rear wiper on my van doesn't work, however, the washer does. I am assuming they are on the same fuse. Does this mean a motor is shot? If so, is it easy to repair and what's the approximate cost?

Thanks,
    t
  • Claire@EdmundsClaire@Edmunds Chicago areaPosts: 968
    I've moved this post to the Chevy Venture: Electrical Issues so that it'll have a better chance of getting a response. Just click the link above to get there.

Claire

HOST

• titouennetitouenne Posts: 1
    Hello,

I'm trying to sell my '98 Venture but my front wiper are currently stuck. The driver side pivot is the problem. So i bought a used set of the pivots (which also includes the whole linkage) but i'm unable to undo the motor from the assembly.

The problem is the T30 screw of the moving part. I can't seem to be able to unscrew it without the motor turning on me... anyone has the right trick to get the motor out fo the way ??

Thanks a million.
    Etienne from Montreal
  • tmiller3tmiller3 Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me how to get the old fuel filter out so that I can replace it. I bought the tool to take it out but I cannot figure out how to use it.
  • Hi there. I have a 1997 Venture that runs pretty well. It has just started to get a little noisy when it runs and I think it could use a good tune-up. It has 340,000KMs but 300,000KMs of that is strictly highway driving so not a lot of engine wear.

Any ideas on what I should expect to pay for a good tune-up?
  • FIRECRACKER POPPING SOUNDS UNDER FRONT END

CAN ANYONE Help!!

I have a 2000 Chevrolet Venture LS van with 120k miles on it. It has recently started making a horrible popping noise under the front end(i call it firecrackers as this is what it sounds like).

I 1st noticed it while idle at stop sign 1 day. I had to look around for kids.... thinking someone had lit a box of firecrackers and thrown them under my vehicle. It stopped, only to return lasting longer and louder.

Thanks in advance for your comments & suggestions!
  • 442dude442dude Posts: 373
    Not cheap - Good tune up includes:

Fuel & air filters
    clean MAF sensor & throttle body
    PCV valve
    Ignition wires
    and the big killer - change the spark plugs.

My mechanic said just plugs & wires were over $ 600.00 including labor. The labor is the biggie, they have to rotate the engine forward to get to the rear plugs. I'm going to try to tackle it myself in the spring, good thing the plugs only get changed every 100K miles. I like our Venture but boy is is a pain to work on & when the mechanic does it the labor charges are brutal....Took me all day to change an alternator, can't imagine what that would have cost!
  • just tuned -up my 97 venture ....took awhile but it was worth it ...(dicon. ur battery).to rotate the engine forward use rachet strap place one end of strap to bottom of eng. cradle and route the other end of strap between ft. bumper and rad. support place this end threw motor mount bracket loop. (unbolt motor mounts :two bolts on the motor side )rachet eng.forward til u hit electric fan heat shields stop. take off serp.belt,discon. alternator and its brackets, wiring,that way u can get the plugs in the backside of motor.change plugs and plug wires:gap plugs and use antis. on the new sp.plug threads.... discon. the windsh. wiper arm on driverside only. i google it .....thanks to the person who posted this info.SAVED ME LOTS OF $$$$$$$ IN LABOR!!! EGR valve is the next part....easy fix .....lol