Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inconsiderate Drivers (share your stories, etc.)

Comments

• andres3andres3 CAPosts: 5,325
    In their own subconscious mind they become the policeman that they themselves hate so much.

There's some truth to that, as I believe that traffic cops fail to do their job competently. If they don't do it, someone has to!

I generally don't flash, but if I think your basically asleep at the wheel, particularly bad LLC offenders, then you may get a couple flashes to wake you up.

The typical LLC doesn't get flashed by me.... it's the really blatant ones.

But passing on the right is the easy way to ameliorate a bad situation and shows maturity.

When easily possible, it makes sense, but it usually does contribute to increasing traffic congestion when you are forced to pass on the right, in addition to having greater speed differentials, which some here think is a big deal.

It's simply safer for faster traffic to pass on the left.
    is this from the old days of the first car got zapped by radar by the smokey hiding on the overpass or in the median or behind the bridge railing?

Maybe. But in my experience the smokies have gotten so lazy that they will pull over the vehicle in back because it takes too much energy and time to chase down the fastest car in front. (provided they are all within 5 to 10 MPH of each other and all going 15 or more over the limit).
  • xrunner2xrunner2 Posts: 3,062
    insane amount of cars with no lights, I stopped counting at around 10. All kinds of stuff from worn old cars to new Cayennes.

Perhaps your sleepless city needs some kind of ongoing public awareness spots on your radio and tv stations about putting headlights on. Citizens in sleepless drink a lot of coffee and should be very aware of things, responsibilities. :P
  • xrunner2xrunner2 Posts: 3,062
    However, I don't see a flash or two as particularly evil, nor even a toot of the horn.

Perhaps just letting it go could work best for everyone. :) No way is one individual going to change the world of drivers.
  • fintailfintail Posts: 33,509
    I blame it all on transplants and tourists :shades:

Saw 4 of them today, I recall a Yaris, Xterra, and 90s Z-car. No other real inconsiderates though, actually got to drive home at roughly the speed limit - rare event.
  • When I was past, I got back in the right lane, and drove on the shoulder just enough to kick up some spray.

Wow, for someone who gets upset when a driver fails to use his turn signal, you pull something like this? You're the inconsiderate one.
  • This evening I talked with the neighbor across the street from our unfortunate Explorer. There are no cars in the street.

Silver Focus - her car, garage
    Mustang - his summer car, garage
    Black Focus - his car, driveway in front of Mustang
    Explorer, son, commuting to college 10 miles away, driveway

Kia - friend, helping move in (gone now)
    Taurus - BIL, helping move in (gone now)

While it was nice to have help moving into a new house, it prevented our young (but smarter now) student from parking in the driveway.
    edited January 2013
    I did it because [non-permissible content removed] in the van sped up while being passed- one of the biggest jerk moves someone can pull. I was just returning his lack of consideration ...And it worked, I didn't see him again :shades:
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,391
    one of the biggest jerk moves someone can pull.

That's for sure. Not only one of the biggest jerk moves, but also amongst the most dangerous (on a two lane highway, especially).
    You sure seem wrapped around the axle on this one, so I'm glad your mind was finally put at ease. :shades:
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,999
    There have been a slew of aggressive driving posts in here recently, including members advocating illegal actions, and many of those posts have been removed.

As a reminder the Membership Agreement provides "We do not allow the promotion of illegal conduct or activities or fraudulent schemes in the Community Services. Specifically, you may not advocate illegal conduct, such as street racing, reckless driving or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs."

Additionally this discussion is about other lousy drivers we see running our errands or on our commutes. It's not about other posters.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

You had your work cut out for you, Steve! There was quite a run over the last few days.... :surprise:
    edited January 2013
    I ran a red light this morning, same intersection that always sticks. Another car was sitting to my right, I don't know how long he had been there. No word from the city, time to contact again. Workin hard, they are. They are far more inconsiderate than me :shades:
    Observations from being on foot this morning - if the revenue enforcement community would put the energy they shovel into the speeding menace to enforcing laws about turn signals, crosswalks, and phone use, every budget problem could be solved. It seemed every other car was doing something dumb, without a LEO in sight - as they are speedtrapping the busy arterials.
  • without the cops, its a free for all. You can do anything on the road you want, just make sure no cops around. Nice to see, foolish driving is not confined to my city. I hate halogen lights.
  • ltlladyltllady Posts: 27
    Of course, with 300 million guns on the streets it might not be the wisest move for a person to make such a petulant respone. The character on the other side might be crazy, say like that Alex Jones guy on Piers Morgan last night!
  • straight from CCR tune, Run Through the Jungle. As USA constitutional right to bear arms means nothing today. There is always the underground to supply the demand. And as Itlady says, you do not know what people in the USA are packing in their car. It takes only one to get the media attention and then they have the power to blow it out of proportion.
    This morning saw a Camry make a (n illegal) U-turn - those must have the turning radius of the Titanic, it was pretty comical.

Also a Rav4 gets in a left turn lane, sits at a blinking yellow light, then makes a crazy random right turn from that left turn lane - thankfully there was a gap in traffic or it could have been messy, as the intersection is often busy.
    This morning saw a guy I have never seen in my office building before, parking a big white Denali in the garage, early when I arrive, almost no other cars present. Let's just say it took more than one attempt. I think big truck SUVs need license endorsements.

Driving home got behind an old woman in an Optima running beside an old man in a RAV4. Both were going 29 in a 35, with a line behind them.

On foot, saw a black rental Avalon run a light pretty harshly - a good 20 seconds after red. Only luck prevented a crash. Also saw a woman holding a phone in her left hand, trying to steer her Prius around a 90 degree corner with the right hand, using short jerky movements - insane.