Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daewoo Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• dkuhajdadkuhajda Posts: 487
    How were you able to see the timing belt running funny? Did you remove the timing belt cover and everything in front of the cover so you could gain access to see it?

Without a qualified mechanic actually looking at the problem, no way to know what happened.
  • adnilgergadnilgerg Posts: 3
    I'm not sure what it was I was just guessing. I am going to have a mechanic look at it anyway (unfortunately I cannot find anyone on Sunday nearby) but I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. My main problem is the steering wheel not being able to move.
  • I just recovered from the same problem. My car randomly stopped one day. I changed the oil, replaced the spark plugs and all this caused a lot of confustion as to what the problem was. As it turns out the air conditioning tube had plugged and was overflowing into my car under the carpet. It had been going on so long that it created a lot of corrostion on the plug between the computer and the wireing. A single orange wire had come lost and it kept the feul pump from turning on. So I had to pull off the passanger seat and remove the carpet. Right afterward the car ran. The way that you can tell if this is your probem is if the feul pump turns on when you put the key in the on position (not turned over), but just like you'd want to play the radio. After I fixed this problem I took a 950 mile road trip, and it never even gave me a hiccup. I hope that helps. :)
  • adnilgergadnilgerg Posts: 3
    We found out what it was. The crankshaft pulley broke and now we have to replace it but the mechanic had difficulty finding the part and the dealer (it is a poo dealer anyway because they will not deliver, we would have to pick up the parts ourselves) we would have to get it from told him we have to wait two to three weeks and it would cost $256.00. Does that sound right? Sorry if I sound like a dummy. :(
  • becknrobbecknrob Posts: 2
    Gary,

Where/How do I find the hose...I'm a knucklehead and can't find exactly where the hose is and how to fix it. I'm also poor, but do want to get rid of the daggum water accumulating every day in my car....smellss and I'm tired of wet towels...
    I've taken up the carpet, etc....just don't know how/where the hose is to clean it out.

Thanks
    Rob
    becknrob4@comcast.net
  • becknrobbecknrob Posts: 2
    All,

Can someone help me/walk me through finding the evaporator hose? I have mucho water on the floorboards and need to clean it out...just don't know how.

Please help...me car stinks!

Rob
    becknrob4@comcast.net
  • rpeddlerpeddle Posts: 5
    my light came on and off and I had to replace the cam shaft sensor, no problem since. As I stated in an earlier message, get your injector system cleaned professionally, cost about $40 cdn but will save that in couple of weeks.
  • woowoeswoowoes Posts: 12
    I have a 01 Leganza that I can't get going...My wife drove it (she says it sounded like an airplane and couldn't place her order :cry: at the drive through, then it died on the way home :sick: ). I replaced the cylinder head, timing belt, pullys, water pump, serpentine belt and it's tensioner. The car still won't start. The timing belt didn't break, but I just replaced everthing. The lower end had no signs of trouble. Any suggestions? The fuel system has plenty of pressure I tested it. I'm gonna check for spark next. Is coil failure a common problem? Any way to test it? What about the cam position sensor? Please, anyone... I need some direction.
  • chalabichalabi Posts: 2
    thank u for ur reply
    by the way my nubira work on unleaded fuel only and in my city we have normal fuel only ...... so I wonder does that affect the fuel economy and make the engine light goes on?????
  • rknirocrkniroc Posts: 2
    can anyone tell me or provide pictures on where it is and how do i replace it?
    PLEASE i need all the help i can get.

thanx rkniroc
  • rknirocrkniroc Posts: 2
    can anyone help my heater core poped i have a 2000 daewoo lanos can any one provide instructions on how to remove and reinstall?

thanx chris
  • You probably live in Cairo, Egypt. Over here in America our streets are immaculate ! , we can get 500KM to the tank, but in Cairo, traffic sux; it is too crowded and cars get a much worse gas milage per tank because of the constant stop and go, and the stupid taxi and micro bus drivers, sorry, but you need to leave Egypt and live in somewhere with better roads and highways.
    :(
    Thank You,

Hisham ElBanhawy.
  • ed32316ed32316 Posts: 3
    My DIEWOOO Nubira will not shift out of Park unless I slide a razor into the "Keyhole" release next to the shift knob. I am thinking it is some kind of switch but I have no idea where to begin. Any help will be greatly appreciated.... Thanks in advance...
    :lemon:
    In other words, When I press on the brake it should release so I can go into drive but it dont so I have to press inside the keyhole next to the shift knob.... Can anyone help me? Thanks
    Probably bad brake switch. Seemed to be a common failure on certain runs of the Daewoo Nubira and Leganza. Most former Daewoo dealers stock the switch. Simple to replace. BTW do your brake lights work correctly? Probably not, so take care driving and use hand signals out the window and don't drive at night. Hopefully the rest of the drivers on the road will remember what the hand signals mean.
  • woowoeswoowoes Posts: 12
    I didn't have the cam position sensor or the crank position sensor hooked up properly. Hooked 'em up and it "roared" back to life. After replacing the entire upper end of the motor, hoses, belts, gaskets, and wires at 85K. If anyone has questions about this procedure email me or post here. I gave all the parts contacts I used (they are hard to come by) in a message I posted and it was removed. There are a limited number of sources. There is no repair manual for the '01 Leganza, but the Isuzu Rodeo manual works for engine info for the 2.2L engine. Thanks to the internet my Deadwoo is alive again :D
    Is it a plastic switch behind the brake pedal? I believe I know where it is.... Thanks for your help...
    Yes it is. The switch has a little plunger on it that is activated by the brake pedal movement. There is a different switch part number depending on whether or not you have cruise control. So make sure you have the option list and maybe the vin number available when you order the part.
  • golden5golden5 Posts: 1
    My daewoo lanos is loosing transmission fluid, but the problem is which that is a big problem. There are no loose lines and it isn't leaking anywhere, could someone please help.
  • I just recently got a 2001 Daewoo Lanus and the radio wont turn on. theres a red light that flashes, but the radio wont turn on. i dont know if it simply doesnt work or theres something i need to do to turn it on. Any help is appriciated.