Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daewoo Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• dkuhajdadkuhajda Posts: 487
    Odd electrical symptoms in multiple systems are almost always caused by a bad ground. Could be corroded due to not having the a/c drain hose problem fixed.

Either buy the dealer service manual for the car or find one of the online service information subscriptions and check the locations and condition of ALL electrical grounds. There are some under the dash, some under the front and rear seats, trunk, under the hood, etc.
  • I just wanted to send out a big fat thank you! I just replaced the battery in my car,,, well, I'm sure you've heard the story by now. =) but this saved me so much trouble! You are a life saver! thank you a million times over!
  • albinoalbino Posts: 1
    Hi all! This is my first post here after buying a 2001 Nubira in the UK. I'm hoping that someone will be able to help with a problem I have with it.

Recently I've found that when I brake at slow speeds I get a shuddering through the brake pedal, it feels like the ABS kicking in. I took it to a local garage who gave it a brake inspection and said that the front discs were warped and needed replacing. They replaced these but the problems was still there afterwards. I took it back in and they cleaned all the ABS sensors etc, but the problems still persists! :cry:

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? The only option now seems to be a diagnostics test to see whether it is an electrical problem. Although I7m guessing this will be an expensive solution.

If anyone out there has any experience/advice/opinion, I7d be really grateful for your thoughts.
    Thanks in advance,
    Al
  • dewesqdewesq Posts: 3
    I have a 2000 Leganza CDX. I have 2 problems:

1. When I turn on the headlights the instrument lights do not go on. Also, if I leave the head lights on by accident, the "headlights on" alarm does not sound. These seem to be a related problem. Does anybody know what I can do about it?

2. I had a dead battery and at first could not remember my security code. After 3 months I remembered the security code. Now the radio goes on, but the equalizer appears to be locked up and no sound comes out of the speakers. Any suggestions?
    This is a dead link
  • woowoeswoowoes Posts: 12
    Yes, it is now...Just like everything Daewoo...
    Actually, I found the correct site now and I think I know what the problem with the link is. There is a period after ".com" which is included in the link. That period doesn't belong there. The correct link is www.daewoous.com

DEW
  • I've got the same problem with my abs operating at low speed. I took mine to a garage for a diagnostic. Daewoo told me that the tone wheel was broken. Sounds strange to me, but there you go. let me know how you get on and i'll do like wise.
  • Hi,
    I have lanos 2002, it won't start every time. Sometimes it needs dozen tries. I went several times to daewoo service and they don't know what is it. Diagnostic computer said everything is ok, it didn't report any defect
  • jkobty2jkobty2 Posts: 210
    Well combustion needs air, fuel, spark. assuming there is no sensor problems that would be reported by the computer.
    1. Make sure your air filter is not clogged, also check the throttle body probably needs cleaning.
    2. Check that there is a spark in each of the spark plug cables.
    3. Check fuel system (fuel pump, filter, check fuel pressure, clean fuel injectors).
    4. mechanical problem with the starter.
    My first guess would be something with the fuel system, i.e. point 3.
    since misfires normally show up on the computer, I would suspect that fuel is not getting easily to the engine in the first place.
  • If the starter turns the engine, I would suspect the wiring harness to the computer or water damage from the a/c system to the wiring.
  • Hi, I experienced the same problem. On repairs, I fitted an Opel Astra (South African) timing belt an dup to now (86K) further no problems.
  • Daewoo Lanos 2000, 1.6L, 75 000 Miles

When I put the blower (fan heater) at position 2 or more, the fuel gauge go down to empty. And sometimes whitout the fan working, when I accelerate quickly above 60 MPH, the fuel gauge go down too.

The fuel gauge come back to his position only when I restart the car without the fan.

Any suggestions? :confuse:
  • Can someone please tell me for a resource where I can find how to line up the marks on the gears for timing belt. I am putting the engine back together today and forgot to mark it when taking it apart. Any online subscription site or manual purchase would be OK. as long as I know I can get the answer quickly.

Qamar
  • We have a very reliable mechanic - and a mess on our hands. Our Leganza's timing belt broke. Took it in for fix and learned that EVERYTHING had died! Water pump, bent valves... on and on. Our mechanic spent weeks getting parts and getting it back together again - and we got it 40 miles before it died. Again. It's currently in the shop with no signs of life. Has anybody else experienced such a global meltdown? We've had lots of different makes and models of cars and NONE has been such a disaster.
  • Problem: 2000 Nubira CDX Wagon, bought new 9/2001 in Twin Falls, ID. Now has 58,500 miles. @ 16,950 mi CEL came on and engine idled too high and tranny shifted hard from P to Drive: TPS replaced (warranty). @ 19,110 mi same symptoms and problem (now 11/2002 and no help from Daewoo Tech Support); problem eventually resolved itself. @ 22,670 mi same story. GM dealer in Boise couldn't fix, problem resolved itself again (gradually tranny would get better, engine revs back to normal, and eventually CEL went out). @ 34,433 (now 01/2004) SAME PROBLEM! GM dealer diagnosed TPS again, replaced under warranty. Problem solved for about 2 WEEKS! @ 34,919 you guessed it! Dealer replaced throttle body & gasket (warranty). Said "intermittent throttle body shaft binds, remove and replace t-body." This seemed to do the trick. @ 47,367 CEL on again but no other symptoms. Local mech couldn't find any problem. @ 54,029 (now 03/2005) CEL again (like a recurring nightmare!). GM dealer said "sensor A-heated lambda (?), O-2 sensor circuit". Cost me $413 to R&R. Dealer also checked Camshaft Position Sensor per recall, said OK and did not replace.

My goal was to get it running and get rid of it. CEL problem reappeared two months ago but again resolved itself and has been okay for last four weeks, no problems. Sold it last week for $4K, included full disclosure of warranty work and O-2 sensor replacement. THE DAY AFTER THE BUYER PAID AND TOOK THE CAR, she called in a panic: CEL on, engine idling way too high!!!!! Told her I would take care of getting it fixed at my expense.

HELP!! What can the problem be? GM dealer has been very good but can't seem to solve the problem. Is the car still under any warranty: < 60,000 miles, < 5 years? BTW, I didn't know about this website and the excellent forum until last Friday. I read all 354 posts but can't seem to find anything on point. Also, is the "timing belt - tensionner - rollers - water pump" repair covered under warranty? I never knew there was a problem with them, never had them replaced. Same thing with the A/C drain hose/wet floor problem -- is that Nubira too or just Lanos & Leganza? Time is of the essence, as the buyer is bringing the car overy tonight for me to take it to the dealer tomorrow (dealer will only cover repair work done < 12 months ago if it's still in my name).
    If your mechanic charged $4000 for the repair then he is a thief. You can get a complete engine head from ebay for $300 from a Cylinder head company called CCH.
    I would suspect the high idling is due to a sensor that is related to air flow. Mass flow sensor, Map sensor.
    And yes you need to do the timing belt service ASAP. at 54K miles is pushing it.
    The recommended interval is 55K miles, but I have heard of it failing earlier. What goes bad is the tensioner then the water pump. So you need to replace or advise the owner to replace the timing belt, tensioner, rollers, water pump.
    And yes Daewoo should cover those under warranty if < 60K.
    If the maintenance is done properly, these cars can go for a very long time. I have already seen ones with over 200K miles.
  • Did you ever figure out how to fix the problem? We are having the same promblem now. We lined it up but it won't start. Timing is off somhow. Can you help us????
  • Took the Woo to GM dealer on 9/13. They couldn't find anything wrong (the CEL had gone out, of course). I had them do a fuel injector cleaning and new fuel filter; the tech said clogged filter was probably the culprit. I asked her about replacing the tensionner/ timing belt/ rollers under warranty. She said Daewoo will not pay for warranty repair if the parts haven't failed. They wanted to charge me $150 just to pull the timing belt cover and check it out. I opted not to, but told the buyer they really need to be alert to any suspicious sound coming from engine compartment, could be the timing belt deteriorating. Buyers seemed OK with that. Hopefully, I've seen the LAST of the Woo.