Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daewoo Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• gpn80gpn80 Posts: 2
    HI, Sorry it might be a bit late but i have just found this forum and logged on. My Nubira experienced the same problem and it was a faulty idler motor that need to be replaced. Hope this helps.
  • gpn80gpn80 Posts: 2
    Just wondering if anyone has experienced the above topic. My car only makes the noises on cold days, so im suspecting that when the metal is cold there is some tightness in there and when it warms up and expands the noise goes away. so does anyone has any ideas or comments on this?
  • jkobty2jkobty2 Posts: 210
    Take it immediately to the dealer for a timing belt job. You should replace the belt, tensioner, rollers, water pump.
    The tensioner is currently loose and he belt is slowly being chipped to pieces.
    If you wait, your engine will need new valves too.
  • woowoeswoowoes Posts: 12
    I have a 2001 Leganza that I have been keeping alive. The latest problem is that the blower for the heat/defrost kicks off and on by itself. The settings high to low all blow at full. It doesn't matter where I set the dial it blows on high. When I turn the knob to off, the blower doesn't shut off it still stays on high, but will turn off and on by itself intermittently. When the blower motor kicks on and off there is a clicking sound that comes from under the driver's side dash. Please help. Faulty relay is what I'm thinking. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • if i JUST bought my lanos 2000 se automatic.

A - how do i find out what recalls should have been taken care of on it?

B - are these recalls still able to be done on my car free?

C - where is the list of recalls? link?

D - the car is got a salvaged title. from what i read it looks like all of the titles should be that way. hehe - is this going to affect my ability to get recalls done on it?

• dkuhajdadkuhajda Posts: 487
    No, all of the Daewoo cars should have a clear title unless they were a total loss by an insurance company.

The salvage title status clears Daewoo Motor America of any liability or warranty on the car so the recalls are your responsibility, unless you can get a dealer to be nice.

Nthsa.gov web site is the web site to search for recall information.
    Some of the recalls can be done by yourself, like protecting the computer wiring harness under the carpet.
  • woo1woo1 Posts: 3
    I sucessfully replaced my belt after it broke at 70k. I concur with the last guy, check that all the sensors plugged in, and the pulley that goes over the tiny little bottom gear is on- the crank sensor needs this. (i had the same problem.)
  • woo1woo1 Posts: 3
    Not sure if you got an answer ever, I know its been a month. alldatadiy.com has a pretty good manual. The marks have to point at each other on the dual cams and the bottom pulley mark has to point to the notch on the aluminum housing.
  • I've bought a Lanos Sedan (year 2000) and don't have a manual for the radio/CD. I'd love to be able to understand the settings. Is there one available electronically, or would someone very kindly scan a few pages for me? Local dealers haven't been able to help.

Thanks,

Ross
  • Qamar, I'm experiencing replacing a timing belt on my 97 Lanos. Did you ever get specs on the numbers to set the timing?

Wlliam
  • i have just had a new radiator fitted at a garage cause they say the old one has corroded at te bottom but other machanics tell me this is not a new radiator i need to clear this situation up, can you tell me which radiator is which the silver colored one or the jet black rusty looking one, i have been told the silver looking one is the oil cooler if this is true they have not fitted a new radiator. but they have just cleaned it up.
  • ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SET TIMING ON 2000 LANOS
  • Hi, my name is Jessica and my Leganza's name is Homer. On Friday after work I put the key in to unlock the car and when I opened the door the alarm went off and the car won't start. My dad tried everything but no luck. Can anyone help me to reset the alarm or dissconnect or something? I need the car for school and work.

Thank you in advance,
    Jessie
  • I have a 2000 nubira wagon with 51,000 miles. I am experiencing this same problem. Have you discovered the solution or cause yet?
  • I have a 2000 nubira wagon and am experiencing the same exhaust fume smell inside the car at idle or slow speeds. Did you ever find out what causes this??
  • I have a 02 Lanos and the other day I lost all the dash and heater lights all at once. Checked the fuses and all are good.

Has anyone else had to deal with this issue and if so do you have any remedies?
  • I have problems when starting my 02' Nubira, it does not start at the first try. Most of the times it requires 3-4 tries, specially in the mornings, and after it starts, it works perfectly. If I turn it off inmediatley after a good start, 99% of the times it start up OK inmediately again. But if I wait a minute or so, it wont start at the first try. Is this a typical sympton of the fuel pump saying goodbye? Also, I am looking for the brake switch others had problems here not allowing to move the shift lever from P, and I visited the recommended website, but I don't have and idea how to find that switch there.
  • Hi,
    I am trying to change the gearbox oil on a 2000 Daewoo lanos SE - Manual. However I can not for the life of me find the drain plug and the fill plug. I can simply drain the transaxle by removing the inspection plate at the bottom of the diff, however this does not help me with filling it (Unless I turn the car up side down) and to what level do I fill it.

I am wondering if the gearbox is filled through the speedo sensor hole above the diff.

If anyone could give me any pointers I would be truly thankful

Cheers,
    David.
  • Hi,
    I am trying to change the gearbox oil on a 2000 Daewoo lanos SE - Manual. However I can not for the life of me find the drain plug and the fill plug. I can simply drain the transaxle by removing the inspection plate at the bottom of the diff, however this does not help me with filling it (Unless I turn the car up side down) and to what level do I fill it.

I am wondering if the gearbox is filled through the speedo sensor hole above the diff.

If anyone could give me any pointers I would be truly thankful

Cheers,
    David.
  • My 1999 Leganza takes a while to warm up in the mornings and after the car sits for a long time. When starting the car in the morning or after long sit It takes a while for the car to change gears correctly. My first few gears change perfectly and when I reach 3rd gear my car will not change gears until the car is warmed up or the teempurate gauge is about 1/4 of the way up from Cold. Can someone tell me why this would happen?