Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daewoo Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• horndawg54horndawg54 Posts: 9
    Does anyone know how to adjust the emergency brake cable? the emergency brake on "Woo Two" a leganza if very loose. I understand that can be tightened.

Thanx for you help.
  • wooblooswoobloos Posts: 12
    Thank you for your reply.

I had the oil changed last Tuesday and the air filter was checked and it was okay. Also, I had the spark plugs replaced in Jan, 2006.
  • jeanrvictorjeanrvictor Posts: 11
    You may also have lot of build up in the throttle body. Have it cleaned out thoroughly and that just might do the trick.

Thanks,
    JV
    I also had the throttle body cleaned out good in Dec, 2005. Could it be built up again so soon?

Thank you!
  • jeanrvictorjeanrvictor Posts: 11
    It wouldn't hurt to check it again especially with this car. Also, did you change the spark plug wires along with the spark plugs?

JV
  • fedupdaewoofedupdaewoo Posts: 11
    hi i can go ahead and tell you i have the 2001 lanos if the belt broke you warped valves. i have had mine to break TWICE i know for a fact your valves are bent, i had to replace the engine both times, so i am good at replacing engines by now, it was much cheaper to replace the engines as i payed 350.00 us dollars for the used engine and it was over 500.00 dollars for a rebuilt head. try www.mccartyauto.com thats where i bought my engines from.
    hi
    check your fuel pressure and if its good have your catylitic converter checked it could be stopped up
  • lanosmllanosml Posts: 3
    Do you have a lanos or a different model? Also my belt didn't actually break apart.. the teeth just came off. Is that what your belt did? Also how many miles did you have on the car for it to break twice?

I found the schematic for the timing belt for $8 online so I bought that. We have the belt on it has just been really cold, wind, rain/sleet/snow the last couple of days so we haven't been able to finish putting everything back together yet to try it to see if it will start or not.
  • lanosmllanosml Posts: 3
    Here is just a thought. My lanos was hesitating, the check engine light would come on, and a couple of times this winter it wouldn't start.

Turns out when I had my plugs and wire replaced in november of 04. Part of the spark plug wire broke off on the peg to the distributor coil (where the wires plug into). The tech didn't notice or didn't care that the wire wasn't goin on properly. Also turns out he misthreaded the spark plugs too.

Anyway I found out after I replaced the distributor coil that all that was wrong with it was a metal ring was on one of the pegs causing the wire to misfire. Had the tech not done such a horrible job I don't think my car would have had problems. In anycase, just thought I would mention it.
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I will show them to my husband and see what he can do.

I will let you know if/when it gets fixed and what the problem was.

Thanks again.
  • jbaker2237jbaker2237 Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Lanos that up until yesterday was running excellent. It has only 50,000 miles. The pressure in the crankcase is forcing oil out from under the oil cap. I'm wondering if it's a compression ring breakdown or something less benign. I bought this for my son for college just two months ago. Is this still under warrenty?
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,699
    You could check for a defective crancase ventilation valve (PCV valve), also for oil overfill, and last of all (gulp) a cylinder leakdown test to check for engine wear.
  • eo19xxeo19xx Posts: 4
    HI EVERYONE!
    I OWN A 1999 DAEWOO LEGANZA SX AND A COUPLE MONTHS AGO ITS TRANSMISSION FAILED. IT WONT STAY IN PARK, GO INTO REVERSE, OR DRIVE... SO I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW VW JETTA :) , BUT I STILL HAVE MY LEGANZA, SO HERE IS MY QUESTION, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COULD BE WRONG AND WHAT I CAN DO ABOUT AND IF ITS WORTH FIXING? I BELIEVE ITS A :lemon: BUT THEN AGAIN ARN'T ALL DAEWOOS!!!
    THANKS!
  • For a couple of days my Nubira is taking 2-4 tries before starting in the morning. I also noticed that when I floor the gas pedal the motor revs up and down repeatedly. I suspected problems with gas pressure/ fuel pump. Checked the pressure when opening the gas cap and found little sound. I wanted to check the forum opinion before buying a new gas pump (aprox $200) Thanks for your help
    yes i have the lanos, and the first time (factory engine) the belt just stripped a few teeth off at 65000 miles the second belt (2nd engine that i put in used) just shredded apart. this was a new belt that i put on the used engine so the belt had about 15k miles on it when it broke. i am now on the third engine but its running fine at the moment, i will not put another engine in this car if it goes again do you want to buy a parts car? lol by the way its good to replace the belt every 50k miles whether its broken or not.
    not under warranty as it only has a 3 year 36,000 mile factory warrenty and daewoo did not offer an extended powertrain warranty. but it sounds like just a stopped up pcv problem

p.s pcv is the crankcase ventilation try replacing the pcv valve.
  • bybyemmabybyemma Posts: 2
    Hi guys, i have had my lanos a year now, the engine while the car is static runs beautifully, no problems what so ever. The problem im having is that when driving the car which is a manual, it makes a nasty noise when i put my foot the the floor while the engine is going between 2000-3000 revs. I took it to the garage and they replaced the clutch. I got my car back and its still making the same noise, the garage are baffled and im not happy having just spent a fortune getting my clutch replaced to solve this problem. Its obviously a problem between the engine and the tyres and it isnt the clutch. any idea's???? All i can think is that its a belt slipping or something along those lines. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Si
    well the reving up and down is called a rev limiter it is supposed to do that. and if its cooler weather and a fuller tank you wont have much back pressure in your tank, it has vents for the pressure to escape.
    well what kind of noise is it? it may be your belt slipping(a chirping or squealing sound) or it could be the rev limiter that keeps you from over reving the engine. how many miles or km is on the car?
  • donkey1donkey1 Posts: 2
    Hi all,just found this site,very helpful!.I have recently purchased a Lanos 1998.I have just replaced the H T leads but the engine seems to be missing,silly question here,but what is the order for connecting the leads at both ends,im no mechanic as you can tell,thanks!