Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daewoo Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• My wife has a 2000 daewoo leganza cdx with a antifreeze leak. It appears that after I changed the 3 hoses (surge tank, heater core fwd and return) that the leak is coming from a crack in in a plastic valve or fitting where the 3 hoses connect at the top of the engine.What is this piece? For now I'm going to try to seal it with black gasket seal so I can get to the mechanic. I went to the Daewoo site and couple of others and can't identify this part. I hope it's not expensive...
  • Thanks so much higiene! I have a 2001 Daewoo Leganza and that code worked for me too after the battery went dead. I tried all kinds of codes and couldn't get it to work until I read your post to try 2152 and it worked!

Thanks again!
  • try 2152, it worked for me.
  • fangio2fangio2 Posts: 214
    The engine in the Leganza(2.2 Holden engine)is the same as the Isuzu 2.2-part should be available at any Isuzu dealership.Another way to get parts is to post it on the I want it now section on ebay.Lots of parts are out there thanks to people not changing their timing belts.If you are planning on keeping the car a good investment is the shop manual available at Daewoous.com $39.
  • raywooraywoo Posts: 16
    Its the thermostat housing inside is the thermostat. Somewhat of a common failure item. I had to replace mine as well for a small leak. Found the new replacement on ebay for about $30.00. easy to replace.

Ray.
  • Has anyone tried to trade in or sell their Daewoo Leganza? I have a 99 Leganza SX with about 67k miles. Wondering what I'd be offered for a trade-in or resale. I know about KBB and their estimates, just would like some real world examples.
  • My headlights quit and I have been having quite a difficult time finding replacements. I found one source that sells a set. However they are listed for model year 2000-2002.

Was there a difference or can I order these?

Thanks.
  • Saw a few going for 1.5-3k depending on condition and options.

I think I picked up mine for 2500...I probably could have bargained down.

Hope this helps.
    I sold my wifes 2000 Leganza CDX for $3500.It had 60000 and all service done-new timing belt,2 new tires,new battery etc.I had no luck in the paper but sold it in 2 days after parking it on a busy corner.Many people have no idea what Daewoos are,but when they see one they like it.I believe I could have gotten a little more $4000-$4200 if I had asked more to begin with.It was snapped up at the $3500 I had on it.The car was in clean not perfect shape.Mechanically excellent.
  • daewoo nubira 7th month 1997

can anyone please tell me where the oil filler plug is for the manual tranmission?
  • Take out the passenger seat, remove the threshhold on the door, pull up the carpeting around the ECM. There are wire harness connections next to the ECM. For some reason the floor board gets wet and these connectors tend to corrode. Check each wire and connection. Pull on them, take the connections apart, butt splice any bad connection. That is where I found the problem. Try to wrap the connectors and isolate them from the wet floor board. I'm still trying to fix the wet floor board problem. If you do not hear the fuel pump come on when you turn the key on, and if your fuel gauge does not work when this problem occurs, it will be the orange wire on on of those harnesses. Good Luck
    Bruce
  • Take out the passenger seat, remove the threshhold on the door, pull up the carpeting around the ECM. There are wire harness connections next to the ECM. For some reason the floor board gets wet and these connectors tend to corrode. Check each wire and connection. Pull on them, take the connections apart, butt splice any bad connection. That is where I found the problem. Try to wrap the connectors and isolate them from the wet floor board. I'm still trying to fix the wet floor board problem. If you do not hear the fuel pump come on when you turn the key on, and if your fuel gauge does not work when this problem occurs, it will be the orange wire on on of those harnesses. Good Luck
    Bruce
    Bruce
  • My daughter has a 2000 Daewoo Lanos that has 65,000 miles on her car. We noticed a leak coming from the valve cover, so I removed the plastic shroud and noticed that I had a bad valve cover bolt that was hidden by the shroud and causing the leak. I was able to remove the valve cove and gasket and I realized 2 other valve cover bolts that were stripped. I ordered 11 new bolts, gasket, washers and nuts to reassemble, but I have one major issue. Can any one tell me the proper torque foot pounds for the the valve bolts that screw into the block and what the valve cover nuts should be torque down to for the valve cover?

Help is greatly appreciated

John
  • I also have the same problem with my Leganza,i cant switch off the security system manually because i lost the remote control.Did you find the solution?
  • I've got a 1999 manual trans Nubira that has serious issues with the hot weather, any help would be appreciated.

On hot days (~30 deg or more) when driving on the highway at high speed, I am able to maintain 3500 revs no problem, however when it comes time to slow down and stop, at ~1000 revs, the engine splutters with and there is little to no response from the accelerator. The engine will almost always eventually stall after this. If I drive for significant amounts of time, the Nubira will begin begin this splutter behaviour at high revs. In this instance, the malfunction indicator lamp on instrument display may come on and off intermittently. The only remedy is to sit on the side of the road until such time that the engine has cooled to a temp that allowa the engine to behave normally again, which can take up to an hour. After cooling down, the car runs fantastically, which makes it difficult to demonstrate this problem to a mechanic.

During this time, the engine temperature gauge is below halfway, telling me that the engine is within normal temp ranges.

The spluttering behaviour suggests to me a fuel system problem at these high temperatures. I have changed the fuel filter and spark plugs and leads with no improvement, and I am thinking that the next step may be a fuel pump replacement. Can anyone suggest any remedies or share some past experience with Daewoo overheating problems? Perhaps it is one component that is notorious for failure at high temperature?

Thanks, Tommo.
  • jac8jac8 Posts: 1
    hi, can anyone help me i have a daewoo nubira 1999 wagon, and i have two problems with it .

firstly it is a manual car and it does not want to go into 2nd gear, i can get it in if i push it really hard to the left when coming down from one ,

secondly when the steering wheel is in full lock on the drivers side of the car there is like a knocking whiring sound coming from that side of the car .

hope someone can offer some advice
  • i recently bought a wrecked 2000 daewoo lanos. it was wrecked in back end after all repairs were done the airbag light will not go out. any ldeas need light to go out for inspection thanks bruce in pa
  • Mine just did this also. If anyone has any answers, please help. Thanks in advance.

Stephany
  • hello first time here i own a lanos and they have theres under passenger seat good luck !!!
  • try disconnecting the battery first for about 10 seconds if problem occurs then you may have to go to a mechanic that you can thrus and have it reset good luck !
  • Sob sob, sniffle, cry, weep,

Please someone throw me a lifeline before I go mad or bankrupt whichever comes soonest.

I have a 1999 Nubira 2.0 cdx Estate (wagon), that ran fine when I bought it despite finding out 3 days later the head gasket had gone.

Had the gasket changed, the head was skimmed, water pump, timing belt etc paid a fortune and got the car back.

Now despite all this and several returns to the garage the car simply will not start from cold.
    The engine turns fine but it just wont fire!

On the rare chance I can get it to fire after a full battery recharge it runs fine.
    It will start fine for up to an hour or so later. But if that engine gets cold it refuses to start and I'm back to square one.

Diagnostics reveal no faults.

Please please PLEASE I beg anyone to help me with this problem thats turning me from a sane happy man to a jibbering depressed nutter!

Can you help?

Marc :sick: :lemon:
  • A friend's Leganza's timing belt broke this morning. She had a new belt on order, and it had not come in yet when the old one let go. I've installed belts on other cars, and I was going to install this one for her, but having a broken belt is a different problem altogether. I think.

I've checked locally, and all of the local parts stores say that Haynes and Chiltons manuals are not available. That's not good news, either.

My question is this: Is the Leganza's engine an "interference" engine? By that, I mean do the valves and pistons collide when the timing belt breaks? If not, we're probably okay. I can tow the car to my house, change the belt, and life is good. But if there's a lot of internal damage with bent and broken parts, she may have to make other arrangements.

So is the Leganza's engine an interference design, or is it not?

Thanks very much,

LynnB1
    Unfortunately for your friend it is an interference engine.
  • I own a 95 cielo and I need to find a hose to repair it but I have no idea where to find such a part. I go to school in the Caribbean and only have a few weeks off in the states to find it. I asked mechanics in Grenada (the island) and they couldn't find the part (probably because things are simply hard to come by there!).
    here is a link of photos i took of the hose:

http://picasaweb.google.com/matthewfway/DaewooProblems

So two questions: What is the part? and Where do I get another?">
    Dam, the 3rd world must be in idiotocracy.Get a copper or pvc elbow put a piece of hose on each end and drive your car.
  • Our blower motor just stopped. There was neither noise nor smell. I have checked all the fuses and relays under the dash steering wheel and out on the fender under the hood and in the fuse box. Does anyone know what the problem might be? I was looking for the blower motor to see if it came unplugged. Where is it located? Thanks :mad:
  • I had bought a set of kumho. Two of the tires the bead broke with in a few months. I wrote them and told them I would never purchase there tires again. Of course they never answered me.
  • I have a 2002 Leganza. Can someone please who is handling the warranty repairs, these days?
    Thanks,
    Ken
    Go go to daewoous.com.You will be able to find the closest dealer to you.