Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daewoo Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• 2000 Leganza... check engine light comes on ALL THE TIME.....when I take it to pepboys and they check the problem... it is ALWAYS the temp. sensor... what is that??? Anyone else having the same problem?? How do i fix this?
  • well pep boys not a good choice for good diagnostic { my advice find a good tech and have it ck again you may have a circuit problem} but any way that tells right there how much they know temp sensor well my friend there's a temp sensor that tells you your temperature but that's not it your problem more likely is what most tech call cts it means cooling temp sensor it tells your computer or ecu at what temp your engine is so that it can give your engine the best fuel together with or info from other sensors good luck .
  • I changed the thermostat, if the seal isn't good then it will leak out towards the back of the motor? It looks like it is coming from the top back side of the motor.
  • Finally found out "why" there were problems locating the right O2 sensor. It is now ordered and paid for - waiting for it to arrive - problem was - the car was made to comply with California emissions - so - apparently - the computers on the east coast do not reflect that possibility. Found a person at a business in Philadelphia (from the Daewoo web-site) that knew a lot about the cars - apparently deals in parts and used Daewoos - and he made some phone calls - had to wait for days for return calls - and finally found out (for himself also) that the problem was that this type of O2 four-wire sensor for the front is different because of the California emissions thing. So - don't have the part yet - hopefully in about a week or so - and hopefully - it will be the right one. Not sure if that is the one that is the problem, but if not - then I will have to get the one for the back, also. Thanks for all help everyone had for me. I have made notes - and will not forget ya'll.
  • hey whos this guy in the east coast that your talking about that help you out im from the east my self and want to know for future reference i own a hatch my self and we love it later and good luck.
  • Hope you get this and can respond. Have already replaced head twice on my daewoo from timing belt breaking and then slipping off again. Have replaced the entire fuel system practicly and now the car went dead while I was driving it. I had hit a dog the night before but the car made it all the way home with no problems. The next day I make it less than a mile and the car just shuts off...no warning, no lights, nothing. I thought it might be the fuel shut-off control on the passengers side, but tripped that switch and even replaced it to no avail. Is the orange wire your speaking of on the passenger side? What was yours doing when it died?

Thanks so much for any help from anyone.

Rags83
  • did you check your crank sensor or can sensor before you keep pulling your hair ?? it seens that the computer in`t getting a signal from one of this so it doesn`t now that it needs to send and spark and fuel or your fuses and connections if no power its getting to your ecm then you got nothing stick with basic all ways good luck.
  • i am having the same problem with my 2002 daewoo laganza. I brought it to aamco hooked it up to there comp and it said i need my trany fixed and the only way to do that is to drop the whole trany . i walked out cause i was afraid that wouldcost me$$$$. was the prob theEGR valve gasket? or any other ideas or how much woul dit be to do the trann work? i only have 53,000 miles on it i bought it with .50 miles on it .must of been a show car or sumtin any ides ?? thanyou
  • fangio2fangio2 Posts: 214
    Check your coil pack.Also pull a plug to see if any oil is leaking fom the valve cover gasket.New coils are available on ebay for around $50 and gaskets for $20.Also pull your egr valve and clean the plunger area(carbon can build up)with some carb cleaner.
  • Probably already figured it out but your a.c. drainage valve gets clogged and backs up runs under the thick foam under your carpet on your passenger side. Can cause the wires to corrode and cause instrument cluster and ignition problems. If you cut the rubber drain hose about an inch up that should let it drain properly. Try to clean out the area around it while your at it.

Hope that helps.
  • hi, im from the uk. recently bought a daewoo leganza 2.0 cdx auto petrol, and auto gas conversion(lpg), the engine light came on after i drove a couple of miles, and stayed on forever, i took it to a local garage, he checked using a computer and diagnosed to be the 02 sensor, so i bought the 2 wire 02 sensor brand new and fitted to the car (direct fit) still the light stays on, u rekon i need to change the other 4 wire sensor aswell, rekon it cud be because of the lpg?
    Also the fuel consumption is pretty high!
    cheers
  • Found out my Nubira was built with California emissions. That is why my front (upstream) O2 sensor was a 4-wire one. Very expensive - $170.00 with PA tax. No other way I could purchase it except through a dealer that could determine the problem (CA emissions) and identify the part (a GM part). A GM dealer tried looking up the part (by number). He could not even access the part information. So I have to go exclusively through the Daewoo person (found on the Daewoo web-site) to get help. Put in new part, engine light still on. Currently waiting for pricing and availability on downstream (back) O-2 sensor. Was told that usually the back one is more expensive - oh goodie! Also, installation is going to be longer and more expensive because wiring goes through some flooring someplace. Goodie, goodie again!! Was told if O2 sensors are bad and need replacing, gas mileage suffers. Engine getting wrong messages.
  • jaf2000zjaf2000z Posts: 2
    Hi the car lost power on the highway and heard a dragging sound. After getting it towed the auto mechanic said with a sad voice that its the timing belt. Im guessing this is expencive work. Does anybody know if this is a disaster or can this problem be fixed under one thousand dollars? Thanks.
  • Well I have tried everything possible and now my car sits on my drive rusting away despite spending hundreds on the damn thing and it still won't start.

:0(

Marc
  • Yes this problem can be fixed. If you go to a local Mechanic and not a dealer, it will cost a lot less. The valves are bent and a new belt with new gaskets. It is about 7 to 9 hundred dollars or maybe find a head in a junk yard. I just changed my timing belt. After reading this problem I will be changing my belt at 45,000 miles from now on. They are suppose to be good for 55,000, :) but I am not going to push it. I was lucky and got through 57,000 on the first one. Sorry you did not catch the problem before the damage was done. Anyone else get a new belt before you destroy your engine. New belt with Labor is 170 dollars. I also had to have new plugs wires and the valve cover was leaking oil into the spark plugs causing it to miss like crazy. I spent 495 dollars and it was well worth it.
  • raywooraywoo Posts: 16
    Happened to me with my 2000 lanos, I actually made it to 80,000 miles. Found all the parts on ebay for about 300.00 did the work myself. it been almost two years, still runs great.

Ray.
  • jaf2000zjaf2000z Posts: 2
    This is a wonderful site. Thanks very much for the info on the nubria belt situation. jaf2000z
  • My middle break light is working but the other two break lights on the rear bumper will not come on. I have changed the break switch and nothing. has anyone had this problem and can you advise me on how to correct. I need to take this car through inspection next week. HELP!
    Thanks,
    jumpnjacq
  • redlanosredlanos Posts: 1
    I have a 02 Lanos with 58,000 miles. Loaned it to mother-in-law for couple months (I know...) came back with engine light. Plug wire #3 had signs of scorching. Replaced wire/plugs, car ran fine for coule weeks. Engine light back, local parts store scanner shows codes for CAT system, car runs rough and wont go past 40mph. Anyone have ideas? (new CAT, O2 sensors...covered by warranty?)
  • grndpndrgrndpndr Posts: 1
    My Lanos idles smoothly and runs smoothly at low speed,under load or over 15-20 MPH it begins to buck/misfire similr to bad/fouled plugs etc.Ive pulled the plugs since this began and noticed oil on the threads
    and some on the electrodes that hadnt burned off.All are the same as far as oiling and the motor has less than 85,000 miles.i clean the plugs with a carb cleaner or replace them and the car runs 80mph w/o a bit of hesitation.I cannot really detect the valve cover gasket leaking and cannot imagine all 4 cylinders rings or valve seals failing simultaneously.Ideas?