Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daewoo Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• rayt1rayt1 Posts: 1
    I joined a couple of months ago and spent a week reading old posts. The info I got was right on. I purchased a shop manual from DaewooUS, $10 for manual and $25 for shipping. The manual does not have wiring or vacuum diagrams, so I recommend buying them at the same time as the shop manual to cut down on shipping costs. Thank you mr shiftright.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,404
    Thanks rayt1 and welcome to the forums! I wish you good luck in fixing up that car!

MrShiftright
    Host

• leo2009leo2009 Posts: 6
    I have the same problem, were you able to get it fixed?
    Due to the economic crisis the place that carried and repaired Daewoos went out of business several months ago, does anyone know where to get a 2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport repaired in South Florida?
  • marciafarmarciafar Posts: 1
    hi and thanks for any help
    Have a 2000 Leganza, 90,000 miles. I'm on my third timing belt (last one three months ago). Only driving 30 miles a week - last night the engine completely died when making left turn (had decelerated). Restarted immediately. Was only 2 blocks from home - made it but happened again as I pulled into driveway. Today, started fine and drove 3 or 4 miles. Any ideas? Other than problems with windows, no other trouble. (Driver's window won't budge, passenger window has to be opened from driver's side but will only close from passenger side but have to work with it), and sunroof no longer opens or closes. Can live with the windows but worried about total loss of power like that. Any suggestions or ideas? Does it have anything to do with last timing belt replacement? Thank you so much for any help.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    I'd look for a new mechanic

Are you sure it's the timing belt being replaced, or the serpentine belt (which is normal maintenance)? Anyway, you shouldn't have to have a new belt replaced that is only 3 months old. It either wasn't replaced correctly, or there is something else wrong.

Window problems sound like bad switches, or low battery voltage.
  • coops1coops1 Posts: 1
    Can anyone give me any help as to why my 2002 Nubira fails to start in hot weather. There is plenty of power when I turn the key but it just will not start.

I have changed the fuel filter but that has made no difference.
    I have to wait untilthe weather has coold down in the evening sometines several hours before it finally starts, with no problem.

Thanks

Coops1
  • My money is on the starter failing. If it is the same as the ones used in the Leganza, it is on it's last legs. That is how they behave before they go completely.
  • spidyrmenspidyrmen Posts: 1
    hi,
    i need a radio code for a daewoo nubira. serial # 9121688517. model # akd0636ja thank you very much
  • rolonhiwayrolonhiway Posts: 12
    Also try 1165. I also have a 2001. Hope it works.
    Bill
  • colleenk7colleenk7 Posts: 3
    I have a daewoo leganza 2000 sx. For about the past few months it started acting up with starting problems. It will crank over no problem but at times it will crank when you turn the key (but not actually start) and then make a pop like noise, like something broke and then right after that, you try and start it again and it will simply crank and not start. You have to try it a couple times before it cranks over again. WE changed the fuel filter cause we thought it was not getting fuel to the lines or something, (it then ran perfect for a week) had the fuel injectors cleaned, had the fuel pump checked, wires checked, relay checked and the dealer found nothing. Because the car did not act up once while they had it, they said it was like chasing a ghost! I really feel it has something to do with the fuel somehow but nobody knows what to do. There are times it will start without any problems for like a whole week or more. The camshaft was replaced in 2007. PLease anybody have this problem and know what to do????
  • colleenk7colleenk7 Posts: 3
    code is 5613 sorry i hope you still need this as i just came on this forum. I have a daewoo 2000 leganza and this is the code for it.
  • tbg00tbg00 Posts: 1
    While attempting to raise the power windows on my 2000 Nubira all four power door locks suddenly began to simultaneously go up and down as long as the window lever was activated, while the windows stayed down...and remain down.

My mechanic stated it might be the electronic control module (ECM) or body control module??. Regardless he does not have the computer to check it out. A previous Daewoo dealership want $100 just to look at it! Any suggestions? Thanx
  • markcintxmarkcintx Posts: 3
    Check here:

http://www.daewoous.com/

This link should help you locate a dealer near you.
    Thanks so much, one phone call and I found a dealer, 20 miles away that will be able to fix the problem!
  • cla1812cla1812 Posts: 2
    I tried those codes and they didnt work the 10 numbers on the radio are 0012223719 thanks you
    crystal
  • cla1812cla1812 Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2000 daewoo nubira and i dont know the code for the radio the number that was on the radio is 00122237 19 if anyone could help me i would really apreciate it thanks
  • Recently I was driving my 01' Daewoo Leganza and the serpentine belt must have got caught on something (needed a new belt, had shreds coming off) and got shredded to nothing all under the car. I had it towed to my house via AAA. Bought a new belt for it, installed it, now the car cranks but will not start. Any ideas?
  • pktpkt Posts: 1
    Hi, I need to refill my steering fluid. The owners manual lists DEXRON III or DEXRON II D. I could not locate this in the Carzone. The Carzone guy suggested Coastal Multipurpose DexMerc. Although the bottle says this can suppliment DEXRON III, Coastal Multipurpose DexMerc is a ATF. As far as I know ATF should not be used as power steering fluid but Carzone had no other alternative.

I am really confused - Is it OK to use this as power steering fluid?
    I would appreciate your suggestion/advice.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Did you turn the pulleys by hand before you put the new belt on, to verify that all of the bearings on the accessories were free to turn, and not wobbly or bad?