Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daewoo Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• hi, i have a 2002 daewoo leganza and its firing up on 2 cylinders, iv changed the coil paks plugs leads and everything, now iv replaced the ecm from another car and the car fires on all cylinders but immobilizer is cutting the fuel pump, iv bypassed the fuel pump relay so the fuel pump is on, but i cant bypass the injectors., so the car doesnt start now, any help is appreciated,
    is ther a way to bypass immobilizer ?
    is ther a way to bypass injectors?
    or any ideas?

thanks
  • I'm looking for a location for this switch....can anyone help? I have a 2001 Daewoo Lanos that just had the starter replaced and it worked fine for a day or two now won't start again.
  • 2001 daewoo leganza cdx 70k I recently put a new motor in my mothers car after the old engine blew up.. now the tranny will not engage in any gear. rd321. the cable is fine, tranny fluid is good, Im getting 2 codes 0700 and another 0700 (with arrows) any ideas? also does anyone know where the brain for the tranny is located the service manual does not have a location for it... thanks for any help
  • daz27daz27 Posts: 1
    iv had the cambelt snap and was wondering if these engines have clearence between the valves and head so i only have to fix the cambelt or will it have bent the valves aswell?, thanks for any reply.
  • My engine revs strait up Ihave to turn off ignition . It was flux from 1200 to 2000 I get a evap code o446 The battery is showing 16 V on meter does this have any todo with my prob lem ? Huh it is driving me nuts Please any Ideas thanx
  • hridayahridaya Posts: 1
    Can anybody help me with the code of Daewoo 2000 Nuvira. It ask me 4 digit code. I tried all the code given in wiki but did not work.
    Thanking all the consumers and dealers.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    Did you try taking your owners registration card to the dealership?
  • hpsnvhpsnv Posts: 5
    have the same problem with '99 leganza. has anyone answered Please help out there
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,644
    Next time it won't start, someone needs to put a fuel pressure gauge on a T fitting into the fuel rail.

Or a cheaper faster way might be to squirt some starting fluid into the air intake---if the engine kicks over, you have a fuel delivery problem. If it doesn't start, it's probably an ignition or sensor/module issue.
  • gump73gump73 Posts: 1
    i have a 2002 nubira with about 63,000 miles. the other day i changed the plug wires and plugs because of oil leakage . as soon as i replaced them the car lost all power and is running like crap.any ideas on causes
    edited April 2010
    Perhaps.....
    - the plugs are the wrong plugs, or you didn't gap them correctly
    - the wires are the wrong wires, or you didn't get then attached correctly in the cap or on the plug, or you switched a wire in the rotor cap by mistake (now has incorrect firing order).
  • jcjr7jcjr7 Posts: 3
    at 40mph my car would move a little to the left. My mechanic discovered the lower control arm(triangular shape) had a bad bushing where the bolt goes thru and was loose when the tire was cked for being solidly connected, when it was up on a lift. The other side, when the tired cked for security was solid with no movement. I bought the part from napa for $98 I think and he replaced it for about $97 labor.
  • leo2009leo2009 Posts: 6
    2001, Daewoo Lanos was running great....stopped at a light and heard a pop sound, as I continued to drive the engine sounded like a tank and then it stalled. Had a hard time starting it but was able to get it off the road, but now the car is shaking, makes loud noises and has no power to be driven anywhere....any idea what car problem I am having?
    edited April 2010
    Might have had some major internal engine damage (like a broken piston rod). I'd get a professional garage to look at it, or do a compression test on it to get a handle as to what the problem might be.

But before you do that, investigate what the vehicle is worth, and be prepared to junk the vehicle...if the repair estimate is anything but nominal.

A running Daewoo on trade in (I'm guessing) might fetch 500 to 1500 bucks. One with a blown engine would be worthless. If you have to invest 1000 to 2000 bucks to have someone replace or fix your engine, you still have a vehicle worth only 500 to 1500 bucks.
  • raywooraywoo Posts: 16
    The Daewoo engine is an 'Interference' type engine. if the timing belt breaks it will allow the pistons to contact the valves. It happened to me with my 2000 Lanos. bent all 16 valves, luckily the pistons were ok. Did the work myself, got all of the parts on ebay for about $300.00. that was 4 years ago and it is still running good.
    If you have a Daewoo, Make sure you get the timing belt replaced before it breaks, mine broke at about 80k. 60K is probably around when it should be replaced.
    If the timing belt were broke, the engine wouldn't run at all. It's running with lack of power. I guess it's conceivable/possible the timing belt could have jumped some teeth
  • danv03danv03 Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 Daewoo Leganza. First the battery went dead. had it replaced. check engine light came on. Tried to go get the smog check and it didn't pass. code is p0441 . What is this and how can I fix it?
  • TT112!17!001 Engine Controls - DTC P0441P0441 APPLIES TO: ALL SERVICE TIP: Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow SYSTEM OPERATION DTC P0441 sets when the negative fuel tank ...
    www.scribd.com/.../TT11217001-Engine-Controls-DTC-P0441
  • TT112!17!001 Engine Controls - DTC P0441P0441 APPLIES TO: ALL SERVICE TIP: Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow SYSTEM OPERATION DTC P0441 sets when the negative fuel tank ...
    www.scribd.com/.../TT11217001-Engine-Controls-DTC-P0441
  • danv03danv03 Posts: 2
    sorry what does that mean ?