Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daewoo Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Hi, I own the same car as you. A 2002 Daewoo Lanos 1.5L manual. Recently I put a new engine in it because I like my car. I now have a new problem and was hoping you could help. I have a hole in the weaved basket looking part ( flex hose) under front of engine...part of the exhaust. Do you know what this part is called? Hard to find a part when you don't know what you are looking for. LOL.
    My car is very loud right now and would really like to get it fixed ASAP.
    Thanks for your help.
  • Hi everyone. I have a 2002 daewoo lanos hatchback 1.5L manual. I recently just got a new engine put in it because my head gasket went. I now have a hole in the front end exhaust piece that looks like a weaved basket. I don't know much about cars..LOL. can anyone tell me what this part is called so I can get it replaced? I was told it's a flex hose but I can't find anything on the net that looks like it.
    Thanks
    Canada
  • oldaxeoldaxe Posts: 7
    Get a muffler repair kit from an auto parts store. That will stop the noise for a few years or untill find the part.
  • sniewinsniewin Posts: 3
    I was Driving Home from work and Lost All Power to my 2000 Daewoo Nubira Se. I Quickly Pulled over to the Side of the Road, I tried Restarting my Car and Nothing, But i Noticed that it didnt sound Quite Right. After a Quick Internet Search from my Phone i Found out that the Timing Belt was Broken and looked under the hood to find that this infact had happend, So i had the Car towed home on a Trailer Because i was told that if the front tires are allowed to spin it could do some damage to the motor.
    when the incident happened there was no sound and the battery and oil lights came on, that was it.

after having a mechanic place the new timing belt on and then trying to start the car w/o the airhose / filter system on i was told that there was damage to the valves or rods. my estimated repair bill would be about 2000.000

i have a hard time believing what i am being told since it took my mechanic 2 weeks to just put the timing belt on. . .

is there any hope for my car ????
  • sniewinsniewin Posts: 3
    i had the same [problem with mine when i first acquired it... after i changed the temperature coolant control sensor the car stared just fine with no problems, and hasnt had one since
  • pan84pan84 Posts: 1
    Hi all codes not work for me
    I have 200- daewoo nubira, just replace the battery and cant find code now
    Can you help me with it?
    serial nubres: 0022943222
    Thanks
  • hpsnvhpsnv Posts: 5
    Try 5241 it worked for me
    edited May 2011
    If all else fails, TRY THE CODES BELOW, which were the most common codes used in models during the 1998-2001 model years.
    1. 2152 5624 3346 1165 4362 5813 4513 5241 4316 1651 5346 1341 3241 1652 4524 6361 2145 5436 1857 4353 5632 3451 1638 1156 1636 5324
    Takes a few minutes but almost always works

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_code_to_unlock_the_radio_in_your_Daewoo_La- nos#ixzz1M8m77P00
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,648
    Does the radio actually allow you that many tries without locking you out?
    Not knowing what codes were used there are 9999 possibilities. The radio was not setup for lockout and reactivation.
    You will not get locked out for trying.
    Ah, okay. I remember on older German cars they didn't allow you more than a couple of tries. Once you got locked out, you were *really* locked out.
  • ae6bzae6bz Posts: 2
    Unfortunately your engine is shot. A lot of owners learn about the timing belt the hard way. It should be replaced every 40,000 miles. you can pick up a used engine for about $900 from salvage yard. The timing belt can be checked in the following manner; remove head cover, remove spark plugs. This allows you to see a portion of the belt between the two cam's. Have someone rotate the engine with the starter while observing the belt pass over the cams
  • ae6bzae6bz Posts: 2
    Manual Clutch safety switch malfunctioned at 120,000 miles, engine would not start. Switch is white, and located under the clutch pedal arm. A new OEM switch is about $10.00 plus shipping. The switch rotates 90 degrees to remove. I was able to disassemble the switch, and re-solder it, now works fine.
  • donicedonice Posts: 1
    Can anyone help this car part novice?

I need a replacement part for my 2000 Daewoo Lanos but can't seem to find out what the correct part name is. I got a couple of names (from mechanics no less) i.e charcoal vapor canister, EVAC Canister, and EVAP Canister, but when I searched parts dealers with these names I either got no results or got parts with pictures that look nothing like what's on my car. I did (quite by accident) find a part called a vapor canister solenoid, and the picture does look a lot like the part on my car. To be sure though I hope someone can help me so I don't order the wrong part.

The best description I can give of the part is that it's a "rectangular canister mounted on the right rear chassis next to my gas tank". The metal strap that held it in place broke and the canister was destroyed when it got dragged over the road surface. Since this is giving me an emissions code my vehicle won't pass NYS Inspection due 07/30/11 so it's imperative that I find and replace the part.

Hoping for an answer, Donice
  • Donice:

This part is an EVAPORATION CANISTER. In my Leganza factory manual, it is called "EVAP canister". This part may be really hard to find, new.

I suggest you get one from a salvage yard and put in on yourself or have a mechanic do it. You may have to search nationwide for a salvage yard that still has your particular car in their inventory.

Solenoids for this canister are found on the internet.

An evaporation canister has charcoal particles in it that absorb fumes from the gasoline to keep them from going into the atmosphere. These fumes are held in the cannister until the computer commands the solenoid to let them into the engine.

After you install the replacement canister, you should check the hoses to make sure they were not damaged during the dragging on the road surface.
    Evaporative Emission Control Canister / part # 17098140 / dealer list price $166.

It's a box that installs on a slide and has hoses attached to it.
  • I have 2 woos. #1 is d.o.a at the dealership. timing belt issue. loud knock and wont start. Its a 01 leganza LOADED! everything worked. #2 Is a new purchase 01 nubira with 54,ooo mi. (got it for $2,800). From what i understand the engine block on the 2.2 is 1/2 inch taller in the deceased leganza. My question is; are the starter,alt., tranny, and other parts interchangable? and where may i find a suitable mechanics manual or guide to do my repairs? I will be doing the timing belt in the nubira soooooon.
  • My 2001 Nubira has 72K miles on it. I had the timing belt, water pump kit replaced 4 years ago. Two days ago, I started the engine and it sounded like a dryer with a few loose tennis shoes. I drove very slowly 1/4 mile to Advance Auto Parts. The fellow there gave it a listen and said it sounded like the timing belt! grrrr.
    Turns out my water pump was falling apart. He said the fact that the motor was running was an indication the belt had not yet broken. Because the pump sits on top of the belt, it was putting pressure on the belt. Since I was already in there, and planned on replacing the belt next year anyway, I sprung for the whole thing. I recommend getting those things changed out at 35k if you don't drive a lot. Thankfully I had no engine damage (so far. it's in the shop as I write this). Engines for Nubiras are $1100 for those under 50K miles.
  • does anyone know what modifications i can do to my '97 nubira engine to make it go faster, or does anyone know if it is possible to convert it to rear wheel drive? Car details: 1997 Daewoo Nubira Eurowagon 1.6 liter :confuse:
  • Not much you can do except turbocharge it. A RWD conversion would be hideously expensive and very tricky technically. I wouldn't recommend even thinking about it.

Basically, if you have a car that's not high in resale value, and you want a car that goes faster, the best thing to do is go out and buy yourself a faster car. You're much better off in the long run, because a) once you start modifying a car you can run up more expense that you planned and b) the modified car is often worth less than the stock one.