Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions About Auto Insurance & Accidents

1255256257258259261»

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,682
    >She�ll

Why are there all these question marks throughout your post instead of certain characters or spaces?

This message has been approved.

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,910
    Usually I see that kind of stuff when people compose off-line in MS Word or something and the punctuation code will tag along (that's she'll in this case).

That said, I'm not seeing it.
  • marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,661
    pristine cars, like that Caddy with low mileage, is that after 10+ years, it has lost much of its value, yet replacing it would cost much more than it is worth...esp after it is paid off...

euphonium: I always walk a tightwire with some of these accident cases...does not matter if it is physical therapy or chiropractors, they are the two main healing arts that will see a person 2-3 times weekly for a number of weeks...I personally believe strongly in both of them as valid treatments, much better than pain pills and muscle relaxers from MDs that almost put folks to sleep or makes them feel loopy, rarely helps the pain and rarely helps the spasm...if asked, I usually recommend either the DC or the PT for treatment after the wreck...

Having said that, I also have a few caveats...I tell the client that if they feel MUCH better before the recommended treatment regimen has ended, feel free to talk to the PT or DC about winding down the intensity of care faster...I am NOT playing doctor, but trying to help control bills that do not need to go any higher than they have to...same with the DC or PT...if this is a case with minor injuries, with mild vehicle damage under, say, $2,000.00 or less, I will inform the practitioner that we do not have a severe case and to be watchful of their treatment...

Now, with $10,000 or more damage (on an average car, which implies a LOT of impact and damage, not a Ferrari where $10,000 damage is a scratch on the fender) I expect that the treatment bills will be higher, and that is quite reasonable...

People REALLY DO get injured in car wrecks, and sometimes it is not herniated discs or fractured bones, but serious soft tissue damage...

And yet, some folks run into a concrete bridge at 60 mph, stagger out of the car, and feel no pain at all, even after the shock wears off after a few days...it does make you wonder...
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,910
    They go something like this - "Your auto insurance company is hiding discounts from you. Why? Because if everyone knew this one trick, they would save an average of $455/year. That's $455 more in your pocket and $455 less in theirs. Find out what your lowest monthly payment could be."

The one trick must be to sell your car and take the bus. :P
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,217
    Change how your browser interprets the page encoding.

In Firefox, click the orange Firefox button (top left), select Web Developer then Character Encoding then Western (Windows-1252) or Unicode UTF8.

In IE, right-click the page, select Encoding, then Unicode (UTF-8).

In other browsers, look for a similar option.

That normally fixes it.