Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

give your opinion why ford F series trucks are the #1 vehicle sold in the world.

Comments

• sc0rpi0sc0rpi0 Posts: 897
    Well...the fact that bigmac is really bad for your health (not just regular bad, pretty bad) really doesn't seem to bother anyone.

Hmm.....Microsoft? They are "leader" in OS sales, and other applications, but look at all the negative publicity. Hell, you can experience the "bestselling" OS right at your home. Maybe not with XP, but Win2K has its problems, and Win98SE generally craps out on me every once in a while.
    Not to mention IE and IIS security problems.
    MS products may be a bestseller, but they arent any good. Meanwhile this little underdog called Linux has been happily running on my computer for 4 years now (last time I rebooted was 44 days ago). I can't leave my Win2K box at work on over the weekend, because on Monday it would be the running slower than a turtle on land.

Bestseller is what 270,000,000 americans choose to buy the most. Who says that majority of them are making the right choices? If millions of people are eating at McDs all the time, doesn't mean I'm gonna go get myself a $1 heartattack too.
    I could tell you why its not Toyota (At least in part): "Them [non-permissible content removed] dunno nothing. Them dunno how to build a real work truck". People stuck with Ford and others because they were "American". Heh....remember all those patriotic commercials that US automakers put out after 9-11? "Keep America rolling", blah blah blah, yada yada yada. There are still people who will buy Ford because it's an "American-made". Guess where those people live? SmallTown, Missouri, population 250.
  • Does that last post sound a little bitter, and presumptuous?
  • white250white250 Posts: 68
    You just described most chevy owners, " bitter and presumptuous ". These posts are meaningless.
  • txyank1txyank1 Posts: 1,010
    something becomes a best seller other than being the best. Price, marketing, availability to name a few. Not to imply this is any way the case with Ford.
  • jcmdiejcmdie Posts: 595
    Am I to gather that if I purchase a product and that because I want to make sure that it was produced in a fashion that supports the American economy, that I think like backwoods hick?
    No, it means that you don't know where Toyota builds their vehicles. They are assembled on factories in US, employing US workers, and shipped to dealerships in US, that employ US workers.
    If you want to talk about "supporting the American economy", ask yourself this: how does closing down plants and firing 30,000 employees help American economy? Who did that? Ford, 2-3 month ago.
    Ok but when you have two products that are similar in fuction, price, availibilty & are marketed about the same ,( I think GM does alot more marketing than others tho ). What else sets this two products apart ? SALES !!!!!
    I don't look at sales, those numbers don't mean anything to me. I look at sales growth. I've tried to explain this before in other forums, but it all falls on death ears.
    When company sells 300,000 units one year, and then next year it sells 200,000, even if it still is a bestseller, somebody is gonna get fired. Why? Because company has lost 33% of the sales, and with it, market share, and stock price.
  • mrb11mrb11 Posts: 58
    You're getting testy. Clam down. Are you having a bad day? Did a Chevy or a Toyota have to jumpstart your Ford this morning?
  • Those figures are made up by Scoprio.

Sales growth is great, but when you only sell a piddily 7000 trucks a month, you really can only go away or up. Tundra only went up 1.9%(YTD).

Tundra also only has a 4% market share of Full size trucks, if you could count the Tundra as full size.

The F-Series line still still shows 35% market share. (FYI Scorpio, Ranger has 35%, Tacoma 19%)

Ok, enough for now, lets allow some more Toyota fans post this gripes and views on an Ford F-Series forum, cmon tell me about quality again.
  • tbundertbunder Posts: 580
    has inserted foot into mouth again....as usual.
    do you LIVE for edmunds, dude?

also, notice he said "ASSEMBLED" in america. big diff. my 2001 ranger had a build tag that said MANUFACTURED BY FORD MOTOR CO. IN U.S.A. (as much as we hate to claim that all intelligently led state, MN), not ASSEMBLED IN CALIFORNIA OR WHEREVER THEY SPOTWELD THEM THINGS AT. nonetheless, the minnesotans did a good job with it. solid beautiful truck.

WHITE 250, good to see someone else with balls.
  • mrb11mrb11 Posts: 58
    Hey white 250,

You're ragging at me like I'm a Chevy fan. I'm not. I'm a Toyota Fan. I own the Chevy because Toyota doesn't build a 3/4 ton with a big block. When I bought new back in 1998 the Ford 460 big block was a slug. If Toyota had a 3/4 ton big block I'd jump on it. Toyota builds the most reliable vehicles in the world and you know it but won't admit it. Is there any American car that can compete with the quality of the Toyota cars? Ya gotta give that one a big nope. So......why would Toyata build any less quality into their trucks?? And then you have to ask yourself why would the the American truck manufacturers build any more quality into their trucks than they do their cars? Ya gotta give that one a big "they don't"
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,893
    Please stop trying to "prove" things. That only gets everyone on edge.

At times, you have to agree to disagree....

PF Flyer

Host

Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

mrb11 you really need to grow up !!
    I have nothing against chevy or toyota, but I would never buy one.
    I just like to listen to your stupid responses.
    OK , so your logic is McDonald's & bud beer are #1 sellers & YOU think they suck. So, since ford trucks are #1 sellers, they suck also....ummmmm
    scorpio, what is your point ?
    If toyota is such a quality, american built truck, why don't they outsell anyone else ?
    Let me take a toyota truck to work everyday to the construction site, then haul heavy loads, pull traveltrailers & go offroad for the next 10 years and see what it looks like then.
    what do you consider quality? how about toyota and their sludge problems in the engine that anchors their company? and now they're just stepping up to replace them. that's quality eh? you want a quality mid-size car, nothing beats taurus/sable. 200 horses and available anywhere for pennies on a dime. why? cuz they build umpteen billion of them and anyone can own one. you price a comparable camry with the 190 horse V6? try 28 grand. taurus of same year with leather and 200 horse v6 is easily under 20K new, and used ones sell all day for $11995. camry is the biggest automotive ripoff this side of the mississippi.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Posts: 2,728
    Do you have a reading disability? I said G.M., meaning Chevy + GMC (Silverado/Sierra) are outselling, (and outsold in 2001) Ford F series without Avalanche. If you don't care (as you say), then you can shut YOUR flapper. LOL!

Mod, please straighten this out. Ford F-series did not outsell GM full size trucks last year, and Al Gore did not win the election.
  • vwracervwracer Posts: 90
    Some of you non-believers want to try to explain to me why I see so many CHEVY racers at the race track pulling their Camaro with a FORD truck. I've NEVER seen a Mustang racer pull his trailer with a Chevy. Kind of makes you wonder doesn't it?
    We are compairing brands, not companies , just like everyone else does. Why dont you add in the hummer & cadillac pick-up too.....

Ok , I would like to ad up all the ford trucks ever sold & do the same for chevy/gmc.
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Posts: 1,352
    quad, I've tried.

White, I agree that Ford still sells more light duty trucks than chevy or GMC, but not both. It has NEVER been said any other way and I see both sides of the debate. HOWEVER, I've seen almost as much fighting about chev vs. GMC as I have chev vs________so I'm not convinced they are 100% interchangeable as far as brand loyalty.

Vw, how many times are you gonna' make that EXACT same post??? Just curious.
    Ok this should make everyone happy.

General Motor's sell's more trucks than Ford Motor Co.

Ford F-series truck brand sell's more truck's than chevrolet truck brand.

There , now everyone be happy !!
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Posts: 2,728
    You too White.

Flaprunner500 :)
    So what? It was assembled in US, using US workers. What more do you want? At least Toyota is not closing down plants and firing people in the middle of a recession.
    Point was: bestseller does not mean "best build, quality, power, features, price, etc. etc. etc, best thing since sliced bread"
    recession? you just showed your true colors my man, that or your immaturity. is this why i have made $2000 on one mutual fund since last december? cuz of a recession? we are not in a recession my friend. watch fox or cnn. you may learn something.
  • jcmdiejcmdie Posts: 595
    Sc0rpi0, It is true that the Tundra is assembled in the US by US workers. It is also true that the US parts content is lower than Chevy, Ford, or Dodge. That means imported parts assembled into a truck here. Which supports or economy more? I'm not sure.

tbunder, Being a business owner in the manufacturing sector, I assure you that we are in a recession. The reason that it is classified so mild in the news is that it hasn't affected all areas of the economy. Many service ares of the economy and construction are unaffected or actually better than before. Manufactureing is down. Orders for "durable goods" are up, but where are the durable goods made? Go to your local store and pick up items for sale and see where they are made. This will give you a clue as to why US manufacturing is in a recession.
    Oh yeah, thats right. The unemployment rate, low interest rates are there because Greenspan got tired of this quiet life and wanted to give americans a run for their money. Companies are going under and firing thousands of people because they feel like it. Boy, who has a foot in their mouth now? Simpson is not it is hyped up to be....they don't teach statistics, physics, and now economics (but we knew that already).
    With the situation nowdays, everybody is outsourcing production. Ford is outsourcing production of smaller parts to Mexico, but we don't see anyone caling Ford "not american" nowdays. Toyota wouldn't be a Japanese company if they started doing their design and manufacturing here too.
  • oldharryoldharry Posts: 413
    Superduty trucks are very different than F-150's. If I needed a 3/4 ton or bigger for what I haul and pull, I would buy a Ford. As I seldom tow, and never over 5000 #, and 1500# is the most I put in the bed, I drive a Chevy 1500. Ford sells more Superduty trucks than F-150's. Chevy only sells a fraction as many 2500 + trucks as their 1500's. Chevy racers pull their trailers with Fords because thet need big trucks. You don't see them pulling their Cameros with F-150's. Ford PSD is a million mile engine in a 300K truck. All the half tons are 300k trucks and engines. (I know someone knows of an exception). Now if Dodge would just build a truck to match the Cummins, You could buy one right out of high school and work it till you retire.

Harry
This discussion has been closed.