Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2000 GMC Sierra

Comments

• doudisdoudis Posts: 45
    pierce5 did you have to wait for an allocation when using GMO? I've been waiting on an allocation for about a month or so here in Phoenix. I'm ordering about the same truck you did. Please let me know as the waiting is driving me crazy. I'm also using GMO. What did yours cost? I have a feeling this dealer is trying to slide by using GMS. thanks
  • There is a topic on GMO/GMS futher on this BBS. I think it stated no allocation was needed for GMO.
    Scottay1@aol.com
  • I have a Y2K Sierra Z71 on order from a dealer in Milwaukie, Or and they are charging me $500 for advertising. Otherwise, I paid $350 above invoice. I ordered on 9/11 and they told me last Fri that it should arrive around 12/8.
  • gwmooregwmoore Posts: 230
    Thanks for the info. I'm over here in Bend, but am going to look all over Oregon and Dave Smith in Kellogg, ID for the best deal. Our local dealer came within a couple hundred dollars of Dave Smith when he purchased his '99 1500 Sierra. What kind of down payment did they require? When did they require the down? Thanks again.
  • Well, after speaking to GMC and the District Sales Manager I've come to the conclusion that an allocation for my truck will definitely not come in November and possibly not in December. I canceled my order and purchased a Silverado with the same color and options. GMC says build times are 12 weeks with 4WD EXT CABS Z71, Z82, G80 and all the bells and whistles. Truckless and can't wait 5 months. I am picking it up today.

For everyones info! PRICES WENT UP Nov 01 on the Chevy and the GMC. It's not the base price it's the options that increased. The trucks prices delivered after 1 November reflect the new prices. Make sure if you ordered your truck before November 1 that you're price protected. My GMC dealer told me my deal was the price at delivery but the Chevy dealer I'm dealing with said all his customers are price protected and the dealership recoups the difference in price from the factory instead of the customer. Well, good luck to everyone, I guess the GMC wasn't the truck for me. I love both trucks so I'm happy with my decision but disappointed in General Motors ordering program. I got the skinny from the dealer and it's the dealerships in the past fault that we're waiting so long. It seems that dealerships were making up sold orders in the past to get trucks so now sold orders mean absolutely nothing. We wait based on dealer allocations and wait on "constraints" like 3/4 tons, lond wheel bases, G80 (locking diff) and certain colors. Ordering constraints can be given to you by your dealership, they get a list every week. See ya, going to check out RHINO LINERS and find a fiberglass toneau cover.

Tom
  • When the prices increased on Nov 1, do you know how much they went up?
  • doudisdoudis Posts: 45
    i called the gmo people and they did not know anything about allocations so they referred me to gmc. gmc simply said you always have to wait for an allocation. i ordered on 10/6 and it still has not been ordered. i get the feeling the dealer could care less about placing my order cause they make so little on the transaction. plus they have to, according to him use an allocation on such a hot veichle. patience wearing thin here in phoenix. thanks for the info guys.
  • I got my Sierra Ext. cab 4.8L 2wd SLT last Friday, and it was really worth the wait. Mine took 10 weeks from order date, but I am totally happy with it. I am a car nut and very picky about quality, I have not found a single defect in my new truck, it is perfect. I am very impressed with the drivetrain and steering. Wow! this is really a big improvement over the old design.

I was really spooked by some of the posts complaining of vibrations, launch shutters and other problems, but mine is solid and smooth as glass.

I almost chickened out and bought the Toyota, but I couldn't deal with the rear seat. I'm glad now. This is a better truck and so much better looking!

Good luck to you all. Trust me, it's worth the wait.

Steve
  • Congrats Steve. Yes it is encouraging to hear these words while we wait and read other horror stories from these forums. Mine should be hear in mid December. I got the 5.3/3.73 Extended Sportside SLT. I am really looking forward to getting it. It will be my first Truck but is almost like a Cadilac extra storage.

Do you plan on making any mods to your new Truck.
    I went last night to the Mobil 1 page and am convinced I will be using synthetic oil.

Mark
  • I had to make a $500 deposit when they wrote up the order. I think that is pretty standard. I have a daughter living in Bend but her husband is a Ford man. I think it is his only flaw.
  • I have been trying to buy/order a 2000 Silverado LS with full options. I can't do it, no allocations until Dec. Does GM expect to stay in the automobile business, without selling any? I
    can get any 1500 that I want, the dealer (Lewiston, Idaho) has gobs. But for a 2500 it is just no deal. Weird set up, bet it doesn't last too long. Like to long nosed, no trunk Toronado.
  • I finally got an allocation, after 2.5 months for a y2K 2500 Sierra. I called numerous dealers in Idaho, Wash and Ut. Mostly what I heard was forget it. The only thing that worked was to place an order with a dealer and be patient.
  • Ordered my SLE Xcab 4wd with all the whistles on September 20th. Still waiting. The original estimate given by the dealer was the early part of November. Haha... Now it is the first of December. Wish I hadn't sold my Jeep so fast.

What are the allocations I keep hering about? I ordered through GMO and was told that there would be no other hold-ups other then orders placed prior to mine.
  • Hey Guys I placed my order for my 2000 GMC 1500 4 wd extended cab pickup on July 13 and the build date will be tomorrow ( November 8th ) Hopefully will have it delivered to the dealership on Nov. 22nd, then I am going to have it all decked out with all kinds of accessories I have already ordered and hopefully will be able to take possession of it on Nov. 24th just in time for Turkey day... I thought I was never going to get my new truck... I wanted an awful long time for it.. Cant wait to see it... Im excited now...Just wanted to let you know how long I have been waiting for mine to get here...
  • Hey Guys I placed my order for my 2000 GMC 1500 4 wd extended cab pickup on July 13 and the build date will be tomorrow ( November 8th ) Hopefully will have it delivered to the dealership on Nov. 22nd, then I am going to have it all decked out with all kinds of accessories I have already ordered and hopefully will be able to take possession of it on Nov. 24th just in time for Turkey day... I thought I was never going to get my new truck... I wanted an awful long time for it.. Cant wait to see it... Im excited now...Just wanted to let you know how long I have been waiting for mine to get here...
  • Mark,

I plan to put on mud flaps and maybe a bug deflector, and that's it. I already have a Snugtop Expo cap (GM licensed) and a bedrug. Man, is it ever a sweet looking setup. I would not recommend using synthetic oil until the engine is fully broken in (at least 5000 miles). I have heard more than once that the synthetics are so slippery that your rings won't seat properly. Also, notice that 5W30 is the recommended weight! I will probably try the synthetic at 5k miles, just to see if I get better mileage. If I don't get at least 1 mpg, then the extra cost is not worth it.

Good luck on yours!

Steve
  • Thanks Steve, I am very interested in this topic of synthetic oil. I am confued as to why Chevrolet delivers the Vettes with Mobil 1 if there was any harm in using it before breakin.

Any pictures of your bed setup, it sounds sweet.

Thanks,
    Mark
  • obiggsobiggs Posts: 33
    Was that a 4door ext. cab you ordered?
  • Should you go on the original break-in oil? I have around 1500 currently on my y2k sierra and I can't find anything in the owner's guide about it.
  • No I didn't order the 4th door... My dealer talked me out of it because of it still being new and with the noise and vibrations that it causes. Guess GM will have to make some modifications to this until they get it right.. So mine will be with a 3rd door only.
This discussion has been closed.