Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions on the Crown Victoria Police interceptor?

2»

Comments

• andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,973
    ...they had a front-end piece that had slots in it like the SHO; maybe it was even the same piece as the SHO. The ones I saw were just generic county cars though, no real performance upgrades. But then our county used to get really stupid stuff, like 3.1 Luminas and Grand Prix's, and Caprices with the tiny 4.3 V-8.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,901
    True Story:

Friend of mine bought an old cop car from Fairfax, in Marin County, and stuck on the back cage was a little label that said "Thank you for not smoking".

Isn't that hard to do anyway with cuffs on?

• You are comparing the CV to the Impala directly. Like I stated the Impala was deemed a good around town metro type cruiser, not a highway high speed chase car. You really can't compare the V-6 to the V-8, or the RWD to FWD. It's just a small town or downtown traffic patrol car, not a high speed flat out car. Now if they had a small V-8 or even a super charged V-6, they might compare better to the CV. The opinions I have heard from cops that have used them in service. In general they are well like in small towns, they like the fuel economy and the size makes it good on narrow streets.
  • alcanalcan Posts: 2,550
    We have a '93 Taurus at work which was donated by Ford when it was new. Still has the sticker on the right rear window. Police package, 3.8, heavy duty everything. Originally destined for a dealer in Brooklyn, NY. Came in with the driver's airbag deployed. Has 16 miles on the odometer now. There were lots of them built, but I thought some SHO's were used for highway patrol. All brake and suspension parts except the rear upper strut mounts (and springs which vary by equipment) are the same as police package.
2»
This discussion has been closed.