Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy S10 - GMC S15 and Sonoma Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• jpfjpf Posts: 496
    Go to your local supermarket or bookstore and check out the magazine section. There are usually several magazines that feature modifications and upgrades to pick up trucks. The back sections of the magazines provide information about the companies that do the modifications or parts. Good luck.
  • I have a 94 s10 2wd. I just bought a set of rims from a 78 trans-am and they bolt up fine and look great.
  • hoodlatchhoodlatch Mid-westPosts: 255
    Sounds cool, however, don't you think all the chrome will clash with the black Rhino liner? :)
  • i have an 88 s-15 with the 4.3, honestly if u wanna get more power when u lift the trcuk just buy the 350 conversion kit, the motor mounts are about 50$ and u can find a cheap 350, but the 4.3 gets good milage for its size and its got a good amount of power, also you can get a crate 4.3 for around 1000$ so its a relatively cheap motor
  • as for ther tach. one wire goes to ur + battery terminal, one to ur negative distributor cable, one to ur lights and one to ground, its a 10 minute installation
  • I'm currently looking at getting a used pick-up to haul my dirt bikes around. I'm sold on either the Sonoma or S-10. I want an extended cab version. I'm wondering how long the beds are on these vehicles? Anyone? Thanks in advance.
  • bosco57bosco57 Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 s-10 4x4 LS. I like the look and stance of the ZR2package. I am wanting to know what I would have to do to my stock S-10 to give it the look and function of the Zr2 package. Thank you.
  • it's been over a year since I threw up the post on how I was gunna paint my truck, and I did it. The truck looks great. theres some pics up on facebook.com under the group called broken down trucks. check it out! :shades:
  • hoodlatchhoodlatch Mid-westPosts: 255
    I say follow your dream! Keep on trucking. :shades:
  • tim67tim67 Posts: 1
    Does any one know of a site where i can find complaints about toyota drop in bed liners???
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Not sure how you made it to the GM S-trucks forum, but you can head over to Toyota Tacoma Bed Size/Liner/Cover Questions.

kcram - Pickups Host

Need help navigating? kcram@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Greetings. with the rising fuel costs, the poor mileage that i get from my '00 ZR2 (Sonoma High Rider) has really been a focus of my attention.

i typically get only 15-17 MPG. knowing that the Blazer equivalent can get as high as 22 MPG, my questions is: has anyone switched the gearing on a ZR2 with a Blazer? Both vehicles have the 4.3 liter V6, yet one does considerably better on mileage...leads me to believe it's a gearing issue.
  • I want to change the 14 inch, 5 lug (4 3/4 ) rims on my 2 wheel drive S10 to used 15X7 rims. I am getting conflicting info regarding the ability to use 4X4 rims. Several places said the 4X4 rims would work while others say they won't work. Need some direction here. Also, am wanting to put the 1998 - 2002 aluminum 5 slot rims on it - will that work?
  • I am wondering if any of the applications available for the vortec motors will match up with the earlier S15 4.3?
  • Im preparing to do a rear brake conversion on my 1994 sonoma, I just wanted to get some info from someone who has previously done this and see what the nominal cost is.
  • mdawg25mdawg25 Posts: 23
    Damo
    I'm not sure how similar the interiors are, but the Izuzu pickup is almost identical to the S10 (they were both made by Izuzu).
  • the_big_althe_big_al Posts: 1,069
    First off -- nothing against dropped trucks with rims on them and the like, but the truck was not designed to be like that...

So having said that it is no surprise that the truck is having problems like the trannie and the tires. I know you like your look, but unless you really like paying for tires, than you might do well to raise the truck back up. I'm not surprised that you can't find anyone to align it for you, but at the same time since the suspension has been modified, it will be very difficult to keep it aligned properly.

Basically - when you lowered your truck you screwed yourself as it was never designed to to do that it the first place. Sure you might think it looks cool and might be good for trucks that are only in shows, but it's definatley not practical for everyday driving and everyday use...
This discussion has been closed.