Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy S10 - GMC S15 and Sonoma Care & Maintenance

Comments

• ok I have same problem with my 2000 S-10 4.3 V-6 did you find the answer? someone told me to flush system Iam going to change thermostat today.
  • stanlstanl Posts: 1
    84 s-10 pu, 2.8 v6, 182,000 miles. Normally runs good, 20mpg, 70 mph, excellent compression.

Rebuilt carb, replaced fuel pump, replaced catalytic conv, cleaned gas tank and replaced sock. Put truck on dyno with heavy load and ran perfectly.

Problem: Under these conditions engine will run but will lose almost all compression. Will have difficulty maintaining 35 mph. Driving 70 mph, pulling hill and facing headwinds, drizzle and 40F. Pull over look in carb, it is very dry with no icing. Let truck idle for 10 to 15 minutes and it will return to normal. Would appreciate any suggestions. This problem has stumped some excellent mechanics. Thanks for any help.
  • i been a mechanic now for 5 yrs in my experience that sounds exactly like the "spyder fuel injector" it is underneath the intake manifold it is a pretty big job but now for a decent mechanic the only problem is the part is extremely expensive i think it goes for $320.00
  • that sounds to me like tehe starter isnt engaging if the battery has 12 volts and u hear a clicking noise throw a new starter in it that will take care of your problem
  • if you are getting oil in your antifreeze you definately have a bad head gasket the only way to fix this is to pull the heads replace he gasket and send the heads out to the machine shop to get them tested for leaks then throw it all back together dont forget to flush the antifreeze completely and change your oil ps dont drive the truck with a bad head gasket you will blow the motor
  • they actually sell an aftermarket gasket made by standard that had a little metal screen this way the carbon cant fly up into the egr valve
  • Okay disconnect the heater hoses from the engine. Get a water hose and try to run water through the lines. In other words cram one of the heater hoses into the water hose. See how much water and junk comes out the other disconnected line. Many times Chevy heater cores plug up. If the flushing shows good water flow and or no junk coming out then.
    Check the heater hoses, I have not had any problems with my truck but I had a camaro that did the exact same thing and found that one of the heater hoses would collapse as it got hot.
    Now I dont know if your model is equipped with this or not, but while your following the lines see it there is a heater control valve in line.
  • There is an electronis switch on your transfer case that goes bad, and is a fairly common problem with this type (electronic) 4wd.
  • I'm sorry, but this was the original type of Antilock Brake systems invented by the General. THEY SUCK! your problem is most likely your wheel speed sensors. In case you dont know what these look like, jack one side of your car up and remove the wheel. look for the brake hose. you should also see a smaller, smooth hose, and that is your wheel speed sensor. i would replace both sides, and i believe theses parts are only available from GM.
  • When was the last time your engine got a good tune-up? check your plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air and fuel filter. also, try to adjust your timing. If you cannot see the timing marks on your crank pulley, try setting it 4 degrees before top dead center. if you adjust your timing, and it runs well for a while, but repeats itself like bfore, check your timing chain.
  • I had the same problem with my '89 and my boss said for me to check the timing chain. But, i got into an accident before i got to replace it, and it was totaled, so have someone check the chain for you.
  • I have a 1985 V6 S10 with 75,000 miles on it. Lately its been bogging down really bad in the morning. I go out and start the truck fairly easily, and it will run fine for 2 to 3 miles, but then it starts to bog down. It will only go 5 or 6 mph. The weird thing is that when i go to drive it home 6 hours later, it runs perfectly fine. At first i thought it was the choke sticking, so i put a manual choke on. That did not help. I also changed the plugs, wires, fuel filter, and had an oil change. None of this helped. Could someone please give me some pointers.
  • Does anyone know where I can find the ABS fuse in the fuse box. What's it called? or maybe it's located somewhere else.
    Thanks in advance
  • juvyjuvy Posts: 1
    I cant figure out which fuse is for the interior lights none are labeled as interior lights. Please help me out. >.< 91 S-10 Blazer
  • Yeah i have a 1989 blazier, s10 model, 4x4, its got over 220k miles on it, i was driving home after my friend put the fuel filter on wrong and now its leaking, well thats just the start of it, the gas peddle made a loud like pop as my foot was on it, and when i tryed to crack it agian, it wont stay cracked, it shot like fire and threw the air filter from above the fuel injectors to the hood, and.. oil just vanshies, doens't leak, no burns out of the exhaust, just goes some where, so.. i just paid 300 bucks for a new engine but its a 1988 s10 model, my question is.. can it go into that body, and work without to many changes, going to use parts from both trucks to get the newer one working

please email me at onlyjester@aol.com
    with any help you can provide, thanks
  • Hi, I have a 93 s10 4x4 blazer with 44k miles, and it doesnt go to high idle when first started on cold days, it just idles like it has been warmed up. It will also smoke a little, but mostly when it's a little warmer outside, it also takes longer to start the warmer it is, any ideas?
  • my brother was doing a tune up for me and he had to stop for other reasons, I went to put the new spark plug wires on and noticed that he took the wires off at the distributor with no order attached, its an s-10 95, with the vortech v6, is there some way to get the order of the plugs to the distributor? I have a hanes manual, but cannot locate any firing order for the distributor. thanx,brettj.
  • Sir,

The Firing order is:

1 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2

Hope this helps you out

Thanks Friend
  • hey! just a note, I did figure out the fire order and it started!!!!! Yea!!!!!, but now a new problem I have to check Out, I have a steady stream of oil dripping on the snow, which of course, wasn't there before. Smells plastic like, with oil. As you look at the engine, its on the left underside about halfway back on block, hope the block didn't crack!
    My dad worked for G.M. at the orion plant in MI. retired and moved up here in 90. He has passed on since, but he tried to get me in there to work, but instead I went into the Marine Corps, spent 12 years, fun.
    Anyway sir, thank you for everything and hopefully this truck will run for me now. Ill talk to you later, Respectfully, Brett
  • adamsandadamsand Posts: 1
    :confuse: I have a 2001 S-10 with 130,000 miles and i have changed the plugs and wires, but i heard that there are other things that i might need to change (distributor cap ect.) Anyone know what else might be a good idea to change.